What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by huppypuppy »

This!

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news ... w9MQ%3D%3D
A travel company has been issued a $5000 PIN for breaching a public health order after taking three busloads of tourists to a zoo in the state’s west yesterday. About 9.30am (Monday 28 June 2021), three buses arrived at the zoo on Obley Road, Dubbo.
On board were 128 staff and guests – at least 76 of whom were not permitted to travel outside Greater Sydney under the current public health order.
Staff at the zoo refused to allow the travellers off the buses and police were called.
Why the f**k weren't they intercepted at the Mt Boyce HVSS even though the orders were imposed on Saturday??? Surely, the buses would have been required to go through the westbound screening lane.

I also hope every one of the passengers is fined as well - they knew they were not able to travel but joined the tour as well
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Oh, NOW NSW Govt wants to go tough just because of numbers going up around my old areas and Liverpool.
Yes, Canto-Banko and Liverpool deserve it because of the careless rebels (a la West Hoxton birthday party in the case of the latter); particularly the younger rebels, that live in the area; and Fairfield was already stuffed anyway since, for Bossley Park the minglers at Club Marconi couldn't help themselves; and for perhaps the rest of the Fairfield LGA, that unvaxxed student nurse was at Fairfield Hospital Prairiewood while infectious. (The same one that worked at Royal North Shore, again, while infectious). My question is: WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS TOUGH STANCE AT DURING THE EASTERN SUBURBS OUTBREAK!??

Oh, that's right; the beach-jog-addicted, sunbaking filthy rich, latte-sipping, Louis-Vuitton-bag-wearing billionaires in the east are 'special' to the double-crossing double-standard-exercising class of 'people'.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

You're implying they have class. You're being a tad generous on that one.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
BanksfielderIdiot823

Swift wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 pm You're implying they have class. You're being a tad generous on that one.
Yep, all to avoid incurring a head explosion, because I'll need my head later.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

At least down In victoria when we also had the Delta Outbreak (and I believe its Australia's First outbreak related to the Delta COVID strain correct me if I'm wrong) it was under control, We got locked down straight away and a few weeks later we continue on our road to normal. Lockdowns aren't really anything new to me, especially during mid-2020 with the second wave
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
BanksfielderIdiot823

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:24 pm At least down In victoria when we also had the Delta Outbreak (and I believe its Australia's First outbreak related to the Delta COVID strain correct me if I'm wrong) it was under control, We got locked down straight away and a few weeks later we continue on our road to normal. Lockdowns aren't really anything new to me, especially during mid-2020 with the second wave
I do have my links with Melbourne and with Dandenong, so I already knew about their lockdown and the one you're referring to which closed up all of Victoria. I was also stuck inside for nearly 6 months during 2020. Someone also correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first Delta strain may have been in Brisbane, resulting in a lockdown of that city and its surrounding regions.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The Government are the ones still asking to "pretty please" stay home, It's fact this ain't working and as much as people hate resorting to becoming a nanny state I believe at this time in the interests of everyones health and safety they need to be clamping down on this real hard. No that makeup store isn't an essential business nor is the jewelry store so they can be closed for the time being. The families hanging out in the park exploiting the meaning of "exercise" is just disturbing too. If you're seeing 50+ families hanging around the same spot, why would you join in near them and add to that number? That's just adding to the risk factor in case there is someone nearby who is carrying the virus but hasn't been tested yet.

Also the people still making their way from Sydney / Central Coast whatever up to Newcastle / Hunter Valley for non-essential reasons. Stay in you're zone, you've been told too so respect it. Again It disappoints me too that unless I've missed it Gladdys should've been hammering those scummy real estate agents for allowing people up from Sydney to Hunter Valley for property inspection but guess what, as to be expected their silent on that. I understand too in regards to housing a majority of people are close to losing homes or their rent is up and their LL has told them to find elsewhere but if you've been asked by the Government to stay in your area during the pandemic and not leave the region then please STAY IN YOUR REGION. Again Who exactly knows if they were carrying the virus & are yet to be tested. I've seen people up here in the Hunter Valley mostly doing the right thing (mask wearing, TP hording not so much).

Sorry as per usual, just a lot going on regarding the Coronavirus & people not taking precautions and safety serious that is really frustrating me.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

And this strain its much more contagious. Ignorant bludgers are the real plague. Also notice social distancing not happening, especially in shops.
Liberals are largely former real estate agents aren't they?
It's like Gladmond is reluctant to get tough, especially on her real estate agent allies.
MotorOmnibus8562

I wonder when School goes back the teenagers who use the bus I take to school on will finally continue to wear their masks on the bus? Considering restrictions have already returned to Regional NSW and masks are recommended in some settings such as at school. The Wodonga teenagers that go to school in Albury may be familiar with masks although some people that live in Albury that never visit Wodonga may not always be familiar with the constantly changing rules. It'll be a slow road for a Regional Victorian like me considering NSW has go really hard on COVID
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

@Swift, no you're not wrong. There is a lot the NSW Government has to learn from how other states are managing the outbreak. It is really beyond my head as to why they are being very hesitant to go into further restrictions and being very harsher especially with the delta variant that is now going around. Maybe as to why their being so hesitant is they don't really feel like they really want to help us or if something goes absolutely wrong which lets not lie, it already has, god forbid we start holding them responsible, the blame shifting will start soon enough if it hasn't already and they'll start saying "That is not our responsibility nor fault, that is for this mob to be held accountable for". Why we still elect them too is just as well over my head too, they clearly give zero stuffs about you & me.

Now why are we also still dealing with Hotel Quarantine too? That should've been dead in the water ages ago and the Federal government should get off their backsides with the taxes all of us are paying for them and actually build those separated villas for people to quarantine in. Oh wait, that'll never happen, no way jose and if it ever does well... let's just say I have high speculation it'll be built by someone with connections to the politicians themselves and on the cheap. I know I literally keep repeating myself with "it is beyond my head or I don't understand why but let me say it again" I also don't fathom why we have money to fund the politicians pointless stuff that benefits no one but themselves or their mates but ask for something that would be very important and can assist society and it'll just be flat out denied.

I'm stressed, we all are, we have leaders that are meant to be leaders, step up and act like big grown up adults but no their being anything but that.

I'll remember not only the pandemic for years to come, but also those who were in leadership and have the authority to control and make life important saving decisions but failed to enact on them and costed peoples lives all in not only the name of being very unconcerned on the situation but also in the name of Politics. This is really me right now saying I'm really fed up with how the situation is being handled and what I truly believe & I hope you can respect that as I already know there are plenty out there who the moment you share the slightest of your opinion think you're a nutcase.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

People in this state have a callous nature about them wIth an every man for himself mind set. I notice the difference with those from other states. Deep apathy is another characteristic of NSW and putting on this air of stoicism and not being seen to make any waves no matter the problem staring you in the face is important above all else.
This attitude fosters nothing improving. Any wonder the other states leave us behind in almost every respect to do with human endeavour??
We only have natural aspects brought about by sheer circumstance to brag about. Something that requires no effort or is earned.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

In other news, I really dislike a lot of "mobile" versions of website, Facebook being at the top of my list.

I really just can't fathom why I can't switch to my page account on the mobile website especially when I'm visiting my page, it only allows me to stick with my personal account. Also because my page is part of some groups and not my personal account when I go to visit them on the mobile version of Facebook of course it is lead to believe I'm not "part" of the group because my personal account isn't but again my page is and there is no option to switch to that on the Mobile website.

Add to the list of flaming fluff the mobile version of the site is and it's that when i'm visiting my own PAGE I can't SWITCH TO MAKING POSTS FROM MY PAGES ACCOUNT. My goodness Facebook is worth billions of dollars yet they couldn't put together a mobile site for the life of them. No excuses besides to *hint hint* get people to download their crummy Mobile application and I'd be buggered if I'm going to be doing that EVER.

If it wasn't for the following I had, I'd just ditch them at this point, I already know of their shady practices and ethics but to drop what I've build up on there too on the other hand... stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
Swift

Post by Swift »

NSW people also have a penchant towards selecting the worst things to pay by cash and cashless methods.
On buses, many insisted on cash despite the savings and convenience to all, until prepay only arrived.
Then you got so many people holding up the checkout paying by credit card and signing instead of cash or eftpos.
With tolls, people complained about losing toll booths to pay with coins and going tags only which are an obvious advantage to traffic flow.
I'll never ever (nor want to ever) get the mindset of NSW (mainly Sydney and Central Coast) people.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm not even into Football or sports that much but I'm very disappointed in the decision for the State of Origin to be moving from Queensland to Newcastle. Now is really not the ideal time for it and society has very much proven themselves that they can't be trusted and will use every little loophole possible to travel so I'm really foreseeing that someone carrying the COVID virus will definitely be heading to the game and within 24 hours we'll likely found out that a positive case has visited Mcdonald Jones Stadium and anyone who attended the game or was around the venue at that time now needs to isolate. This will most certainly add Newcastle to the list of places that now need to go under a strict lockdown (same as what Sydney is facing). All because society deems a game of football more important than the ongoing pandemic that is causing people to become very ill / contagious and possibly lead to deaths down the line.

Newcastle, my home region has been very very lucky not to have any known cases especially with the recent delta variant. I'm holding strong fears that those that have the power to cancel the game will absolutely do nothing what so ever and will allow or call for the game to still go ahead, this is a disaster waiting to happen and anyone who believes otherwise has rocks inside their head. If we make it out of this it will definitely be a very very close call but again I'm trusting no one to do the right thing so I'm definitely expecting a few cases here within the week.

I'm already stressed out as it is, worrying about potential cases up here isn't really helping issues either.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

it was transferred FROM Newcastle to Queensland
Swift

Post by Swift »

Why did it take this for it to be held in Newcastle?
Feels like your being used by a so called friend lol.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Recently;

Driving category

- Drivers who drift into your lane, nearly had someone clip the side of my car last night because they were drifting into my lane, a quick beep of my horn and they realised their mistake and went back into their own lane. Shame I'd forgotten to insert my SD card into my Dashcam before leaving home.

- Drivers who drive with no headlights on, it's dangerous and I really fear for my safety when you drive with no headlights on

- The amount of drivers heads I see bob down fiddling at something when stopped at red lights, I look in my drivers mirror and all I can see from the car behind me is the driver has their head down fiddling with something only looking up every couple of seconds. If you're on your Mobile phone, GET OFF IT. I'm not going to get rear ended by you because your distracted by your mobile phone. Now I really wish they'd roll back out those mobile phone cameras here.

- Tailgators, If you really feel the need to sit up ones backside, their not the problem, you are. Keep at least a minimum of 3 seconds away from the vehicle ahead of you.

- There's a section of highway near me that starts off as 60 KM's and about 450M or so up the road then the speed changes to 80KMPH. People seem to really forget that it starts off as 60, not 80. So many drivers go flying past at 60+ KMPH or get the craps with you because your doing 60. I'll stick to the speed limit thank you and avoid getting a speeding fine just so you can shave off a measly 10 seconds off your journey. This spot would be perfect for Highway Patrol but alas I've never seen them sit here.

- Fuel at most service stations being back up to a $1.40, $1.35 or $1.30 is where I like to see it at. If I'm lucky I can find the one service station on a good day that may have fuel for $1.29 but that's only if I'm heading into that area.

Weather

I just want the sun back, is that too much to ask?
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

While on drivers - the ones that accelerate as they come into a roundabout. You make a judgement of who's going to get there first, but then they go whoosh. Tempted not to brake next time and see what happens.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
LozT

Post by LozT »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:33 am Recently;

Driving category

- Drivers who drift into your lane, nearly had someone clip the side of my car last night because they were drifting into my lane, a quick beep of my horn and they realised their mistake and went back into their own lane. Shame I'd forgotten to insert my SD card into my Dashcam before leaving home.

- Drivers who drive with no headlights on, it's dangerous and I really fear for my safety when you drive with no headlights on

- The amount of drivers heads I see bob down fiddling at something when stopped at red lights, I look in my drivers mirror and all I can see from the car behind me is the driver has their head down fiddling with something only looking up every couple of seconds. If you're on your Mobile phone, GET OFF IT. I'm not going to get rear ended by you because your distracted by your mobile phone. Now I really wish they'd roll back out those mobile phone cameras here.

- Tailgators, If you really feel the need to sit up ones backside, their not the problem, you are. Keep at least a minimum of 3 seconds away from the vehicle ahead of you.

- There's a section of highway near me that starts off as 60 KM's and about 450M or so up the road then the speed changes to 80KMPH. People seem to really forget that it starts off as 60, not 80. So many drivers go flying past at 60+ KMPH or get the craps with you because your doing 60. I'll stick to the speed limit thank you and avoid getting a speeding fine just so you can shave off a measly 10 seconds off your journey. This spot would be perfect for Highway Patrol but alas I've never seen them sit here.

- Fuel at most service stations being back up to a $1.40, $1.35 or $1.30 is where I like to see it at. If I'm lucky I can find the one service station on a good day that may have fuel for $1.29 but that's only if I'm heading into that area.

Weather

...it's like we're the same person! :lol: These are usually my rants when I climb up on my soapbox, especially the tailgaters. :evil:
Swift

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:33 am
- (1) Drivers who drift into your lane, .

- (2) Drivers who drive with no headlights on,

- (3) The amount of drivers heads I see bob down fiddling at something when stopped at red lights,

- (4) Tailgators, .

- (5) People seem to really forget that it starts off as 60, not 80. So many drivers go flying past at 60+ KMPH or get the craps with you because your doing 60.
1. Can't stand careless drivers who won't stay in their lane.
In my bus driving days on a couple of occasions , the other driver deliberately steered sharply into my lane, out of spite, in response to my tooting at them.

2. This is prevalent of late. Doesn't help when the car companies insist on lighting the dash up at all times.
Is it hard to incorporate a warning buzzer when low daylight is detected or to have auto headlights at all times too?

3. I pulled next to yet another guy looking at his phone while we were both head of the queue at a set of lights. When I motioned him to keep his eyes on the road he begrudgingly put his phone down with a face like "huff, what's the big deal everyone does it".

4. In the YouTube comments I read one post saying if the driver behind won't adjust his distance to the speed, he will adjust his speed to the distance of the driver behind.
I tried that the other day and sure enough it eventually worked. Key is not to use the brakes to slow down (where safe).
I am concerned that the wrong guy won't react so well. Australia is a bully-ish culture.

5. The 80km zone at the start of the M1 Sydney end at Wahroonga is another example of this. Almost no one obeys it and you get people tailgate you on the left or middle lane before tearing around you and people flashing their lights at you in the right lane even though you are not required to keep left yet.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:33 am Weather

Totally agree, ScaniaGrenda! So over the rain and cold
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I guess I should be thankful but up until last week we had a lucky streak with no COVID cases up here however there has been two venues as of late confirmed to have people who have the virus and or symptoms that have visited them. a 7-11 at Thornton & a Coles Express at Wallsend. Haven't heard of anymore cases so that's good? but for how long will it stay that way?
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I watched the 2021 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony and Hamish McLachlan commentary is so stale and boring. A lot of people took to social media expressing the negativity towards Hamish. Hamish makes random things up. I couldn’t stand him because he is too complacent. The commentary needs an overhaul.
MotorOmnibus8562

• Those bloody anti-lockdown protesters In Sydney and Melbourne. Why? Just Why? All it's going to do is just extend the lockdown even more. There will likely without a doubt be an outbreak caused by those protesters. At least the impacts won't be as bad compared to Victoria's massive second wave during mid-2020 thanks to the fact that we now have vaccines to reduce the impacts of COVID. by the looks of things Sydney may well be in lockdown until at least September. Complaining about "rights and freedoms" and all that nonsense (in my opinion) when we are still in a pandemic.

At least you can still go shopping for food, medical supplies and other essentials. As well as being able to see a doctor and also work and education if it can't be done from home. There are many people that can't access any of those things so at least be grateful for what you can do so the virus can't spread.
  • Anti-vaxxers, especially those who have a position of power (such as news reporters and politicians) Vaccines are carefully tested and produced with great caution - they're designed to protect you.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

What really frustrates me is I heard on the Radio on the way home this afternoon is that Gladys was saying the usual "PLEASE PLEASE Don't go Bla Bla Blah". Asking nicely isn't going to change these protesters thoughts on whether they should go home or not. She should be saying "There is a health & safety mandate in place that you need to stay home, protesting in this instance is NOT essential and while we do respect your rights now is not the ideal time, if the planned protest does still go ahead, those that attend will face an up-to x months time in Gaol and a heavy fine".

At this point in time, my opinion is the $1000 fine is weak, most will probably just consider it a cost of wanting to go out in the first place. Start really throwing the book at these muppets for endangering the rest of the public.

I'm disappointed that we know this is going to go ahead, it won't be stopped until after the event has taken place. AFTER THE DAMAGE has been done. We're doomed.

Return to “The Lunch Room”