What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

+ People that quote whole posts, like this.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Work putting me on a shift that I've told them is unsuitable for me. While I don't ask for very much I would appreciate if they checked with me if the shift would be suitable for me in the first place instead of just point blank putting me on there and then myself having to chase them up and say there is no way I can do it. (They already know about this, I've told them yet I still got put on there :/ )

Not going to stress myself out over the impossible, not worth it.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Typical of the ABC host when interviewing the Liberal host.

That the greens (deliberate non-capitals) only got two seats (that's too many for them!)
No wonder the greens only got two seats . And typical of the green leader as well.
The green leader claims that she and her green party will ALWAYS be for the people. YEAH RIGHT!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:12 pm Typical of the ABC host when interviewing the Liberal host.
Programs like Q&A where one such individual is pitted against a panel of those with stark differences of opinion are, I think, reasonable evidence of bias within the ABC.

Imagine putting a Greens politician on a Q&A style programme with a panel of rabid Trump supporters. I think that would devolve into a screaming match. :lol:
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

& because of these Bias problems It is why I don't touch these shows with my 10ft pole. There's a favored side and if that isn't obvious I don't know what is and I notice it a lot in the news as well when it gets political, they'll give one side all this time to speak about something even if we know it's hogwash but the other side only get's to mutter one small sentence and then the clip cuts off. This is why I just can't take the news seriously anymore and why I still say it's opinion & not fact.

I wanted to say about that high-speed NSW train a party was talking about I don't actually believe it'll happen as I've seen it announced before plenty of times and guess what? IT NEVER HAPPENS. It's an election promise and I do not believe in that, quickly forgotten after the election is over and only mentioned again when it is time to head back to the polls.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I miss Tony Jones. Can't stand his younger replacement.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

+ Tony Jones spent too long on one question.
And as for that shoe throwing on Q&A, did you note that Tony Jones looked just BEFORE he threw the shoes, as if Jones was preparing for them.

+ Fran Kelly was able to spend just the right amount of time on each question, in most cases.

+ As for Hamish MacDonald, note how he interrupts EVERY right winged politician or right winged people.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Charity stalls are getting worse, there was one set up directly out the front of the Woolworths entry this morning at my local shopping centre. You can't go into anywhere anymore without people bombarding you and then making you feel guilty because you didn't stop to hear whatever their spill is. & as I've said before, how can one be sure their donations reach those who need it most and not the pockets of the organizations heads? Woolworths & CM need a big slap for approving them to be right outside a supermarket frustrating shoppers.

Gumtree - Timewasters, can't really be bothered to go into detail except I'm over it, done with selling, done talking to people on there because all I get is the run around.

Someone in Melbourne apparently "broke" into a quarantine hotel, should be charged with more than just "break & enter". Should be charged with whatever the charge is for causing a health & safety risk. But nah just a slap on the wrist on and their way. Justice system is a joke here.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

When are MEN going to get a fair go!!!!!.............A couple of years ago woman had sanitary products greatly reduced .............in this new budget 6 things for woman fair enough................What about men A PACK OF 10 RAZOR BLADES ON SPECIAL AT CHEMISIT WAREHOUSE $42 AS I CAN'T use the cheep throwaway ones when will we get looked after! :roll: :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

I use a Double-Edge safety razor. Even the good (and very sharp!) Japanese "Feather" blades are rarely more than $2/ea.
scott

Post by scott »

My rubbish bin nearly did not get collected, because a Jims Mowing franchisee parked his bloody ute over our nature strip(to do someone else's lawn across the road), thankfully my neighbour was in the right place at the right time to move the bin so the garbos could get to it.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:20 am Charity stalls are getting worse, there was one set up directly out the front of the Woolworths entry this morning at my local shopping centre. You can't go into anywhere anymore without people bombarding you and then making you feel guilty because you didn't stop to hear whatever their spill is.
If they are aggressive and/or in your face when you are deliberately avoiding them, complain to all three - Woolies, centre management and the local council since what the stall operators are doing is illegal if they are going out of their way to obstruct public access (likewise with aggressive beggars) instead of keeping to themselves inside their stall, that will get rid of them for a while as they will be forced to find another shopping centre to waste people's time.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

People who stand in the middle of the escalators and not to the side, as well as not moving aside when politely asked to do so, making me (and other people) miss connections. To the lady on the Warwick escalators yesterday, I hope you find yourself in a place where all the people give way to you, cause I sure as heck won't.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
tbohlsennswssrg

Post by tbohlsennswssrg »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:20 am Charity stalls are getting worse, there was one set up directly out the front of the Woolworths entry this morning at my local shopping centre. You can't go into anywhere anymore without people bombarding you and then making you feel guilty because you didn't stop to hear whatever their spill is.
Have you tried using a shopping trolley against them :twisted:
Swift

Post by Swift »

The public. Contains so many idiots.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

^ Yes!
I had to visit one of those 'Palaces of Hell', a Supermarket (a quote attributable to the Two Fat Ladies) today. Aside from the fact people use it for a family outing, why is it that people must stand in the middle of the aisle gawking at the produce on the shelf? Or the other one - a trolley on one side of the aisle, another just a bit further along on the other side... In either situation, nobody gets past!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Yep, honestly forget about going up to the shops, by 9:15 AM the place is already jam-packed regardless of day or time. Getting a park at my local is an ever lasting nightmare, you'll end up coming across 20 different drivers pulling in and reversing out because their not in the parking spot properly. Then you spend the next 15 literally looking for a parking spot. Again my local is fitted with those supposed *smart lights* that sense if the spot is free or not but a good 80% of the time they display a green light when the parking spot is already taken.

By the time you get a spot and you hit the entry door, you honestly feel like wanting to turn around and just go back home.

Seriously I love and enjoy my local Shops but I'm not lying when it feels like more of a chore than somewhere I should be spending 15-20 max and then going to wherever I need to next.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The amount of crossover vehicles on our roads. I was looking out the front and seeing the traffic and the amount of those crossover vehicles was at least two in three vehicles. They have inferior dynamics, are more prone to rollover, use more fuel, need more expensive tyres and don't have as much cargo space as you think.
Mazda CX5 is an appalling case in point in the last point.
They also block your view when they're parked at corners or next to driveways. It's that egotistical high driving position they all want at any cost.
scott

Post by scott »

On my walk to the bus terminal this morning, there was the school camp drop off happening, the fleet consisted of a few Mazda CX5's, RAV4's,Hilux,Navara and Ranger Dual Cabs as well as a couple of Landcruisers and some Pajeros, plus others. One of the soccer mum drivers charged past me on the footpath, almost knocking me over.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Crossovers: Corollas with giant wheels and a lift-kit.
Amazing how they can be such bulky looking (ugly) contraptions but have next to no room inside.
scott

Post by scott »

Likewise, Yaris Cross, a Yaris on stilts, with a useless boot.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Just did a traffic count in in front of my place.

Total vehicles in an hour using hand tally counter.
IMG_20210518_113903_copy_800x452.jpg
IMG_20210518_113903_copy_800x452.jpg (47.77 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Crossovers, actual 4wds, and jacked up utes in the same hour using my tally counter app (screenshot).
Screenshot_20210518-113806_copy_562x1000.png
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

40% ... Good grief. That's 40% too much.

I nickname Crossovers "squashed cockroaches." There's just something about them (to my eye) that gives them this look of something that has been flattened in a very unfriendly way. Modern aerodynamics for you, I suppose.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Merc1107 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:15 pm 40% ... Good grief. That's 40% too much.

I nickname Crossovers "squashed cockroaches." There's just something about them (to my eye) that gives them this look of something that has been flattened in a very unfriendly way. Modern aerodynamics for you, I suppose.
Most of them should be squashed for real with how they're driven by their owners.

I counted everything including buses, trucks, vans, normal utes and even one motorcycle.
I'm going to do more targeted counts like crossovers vs genuine 4wd (to the best of my knowledge) crossovers vs other passenger cars (excluding genuine 4wd as well as other vehicle categories). Should be enlightening.

PS other ones like jacked up intimidating utes vs regular ones and Toyotas vs other car makes :twisted:.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I saw this the other night, I have to ask my self.... why? First of all it's used, it comes with no box (as per description) and 3rdly asking for $800 their kidding themselves. Even if this was mint, unused and still came with it's original box I'd probably price it around the $60 - $100 mark (and even $100 itself is still asking too much)

I have the same bus but with it's STA Livery variant (which I think may be more rarer than this) and even then it's still nothing special.

Nothing bad towards the seller but if they believe their getting more than $100 they may want to think again.

Return to “The Lunch Room”