FACE MASKS

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

FACE MASKS

Post by captainch »

Today was in WOOLIES apart from the people on the check outs and in store staff there would have been over 100 people apart from my self there were 12 others with masks it was right opp the main police station 4 police were out the front smoking its like NO BODY CARES ANY MORE ON THE BUS COMING HOME 3/4 OF THE PEOPLE NO MASKS on talking to the driver at the term he said not geting my head kicked in over a mask..........Any wonder I STAY HOME! :roll: aSO NO ONE USES THE Q R CODE & what do old people do who don't have a mobile !
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Centralian

Re: FACE MASKS

Post by Centralian »

Assuming you're referring to Queensland. Is it compulsory to be wearing masks ?
This weekend in greater Sydney it is compulsory to wear masks in supermarkets and certain other environments.
Each person is still free to make their own decision if it's not compulsory.

I don't have a mobile and have no problems with cafes etc. They provide sign in books or the staff do it for me on their phone / laptop.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

I see WAY too many people (especially teenagers) on my bus to school where I live that don't wear face masks, It goes on EVERY SINGLE DAY and it's not just teenagers I've seen other people not wearing face masks (some are likely exempt and people often don't use the buses where I live anyway) This "No mask syndrome" I call it has been going on for MONTHS and I'm trying to get action taken.

plus the government apps (namely the victorian one) can't seem to read QR Codes produced by companies. the app can only seem to read codes that have the victorian government logo for some reason.

It's only going to be a matter of time before there's a new COVID outbreak. I'm 99% sure that this new COVID outbreak will have a strong connection to the buses I take to school every morning. I just don't think that many people I know will understand that just because there are No COVID cases that are reported to the Government (Department of Health) it doesn't mean there is ACTUALLY no COVID cases in the region. It would be quite complicated for me to explain this style of logic to some people. because the main (and the stupidest in my mind) excuse I get from people for not wearing a mask is: "ThErE iS nO cOviD hErE" We really need people to understand this logic so that's why Face masks are mandatory on Public Transport across victoria.

The No mask syndrome I see going on is getting rather annoying for me because:
1: it's breaching a public health order and;
2: if you're not wearing a face mask (unless you have a legal exemption) then you're likely being selfish.

If there is a COVID outbreak in the meantime linked to my local buses and someone I know finds that this "No mask syndrome" has been going on for months and says "I didn't know this was happening! this should have been stopped months ago" by then, it would be too late, I already tried to warn them but yet people so gleefully ignored me.

Face masks are mandatory in Victoria on Public Transport:
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/public-transport

Especially School buses:
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/school-bus-services
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

In SA plenty of people sign in manually on a piece of paper as well. Sometimes you have to ask a worker for it as it is kept hidden to protect other’s privacy
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:03 pm In SA plenty of people sign in manually on a piece of paper as well. Sometimes you have to ask a worker for it as it is kept hidden to protect other’s privacy
I visited a cafe some time ago, and wished to use the pen and pad option (the requisite app was not functioning on my phone). The staff member looked confused, and didn't understand what I meant by "sign in". :roll:
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Back in NSW, since the mysterious case the other day I've gone back to using mine as personally I don't know where anyone has been too, I wouldn't really go on public transport anymore without one (even through it's only advised up in Newcastle, that is until you reach half way up the Central Coast by train where it has been made mandatory again just over the previous couple of days)

If you're on the Hunter Line, any local bus company up here, no one including drivers will likely be wearing a face mask. There has been no reports of a case up here in the Hunter since sometime last year so I somewhat do see why no one is wearing a face mask up here but after the recent Sydney case it's probably a safe idea to go back to mask wearing. Better to be safe than sorry.

If a Newcastle COVID-Case was to happen, I'd imagine like Sydney they'd make it mandatory to wear masks out in public with whatever the fine is for failure to wear one. I still have plenty of left overs from last year I keep in the car or in my bag. Some 3 layer ones I got at the start of the pandemic last year after (Media & the Government) told everyone *hurr durr, masks = useless*, then couple of months later they changed the advice to *wear a face mask* but it was hard to get anything decent with the mask shortage and prices for them skyrocketing. I've also got some KN95's. Personally for mask preference I prefer the P2 type where the strap goes over the back of your head as I hardly need to adjust them once it goes on vs KN95 / 3 Layer that loops around your ear and your forever trying to adjust it so it feels comfortable and there's no air gaps (air gaps are a big no no when it comes to masks I believe). The KN95 probably wouldn't be as bad if it followed the P2's strap design but that's just me & my opinion.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 pm If a Newcastle COVID-Case was to happen, I'd imagine like Sydney they'd make it mandatory to wear masks out in public with whatever the fine is for failure to wear one.
It would depend on how bad their over-reaction was. Last year there were never any requirements to wear a mask at places like retail stores on on public transport in New South Wales, yet now they're going insane and suddenly introducing mask mandates because two people in one household got sick.

Remember that most masks do little to protect the wearer from catching anything, they're only to protect others from the wearer.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm It would be quite complicated for me to explain this style of logic to some people. because the main (and the stupidest in my mind) excuse I get from people for not wearing a mask is: "ThErE iS nO cOviD hErE" We really need people to understand this logic so that's why Face masks are mandatory on Public Transport across victoria.
Seeing as your profile says that you live in Wodonga, it must make you quite upset that just across the river in Albury, there are no requirements to wear a face mask in any setting aside from at the airport, nor has it ever been a requirement previously anywhere in Southern NSW.

Perhaps these hardcore criminals that you are seeing in Wodonga, are simply visitors from Albury who don't realise or understand the epidemiology of how there has never been a need for masks in their town, but that lives are being put on the line if you don't wear one south of the Murray River.

In fact I I believe that for quite some time it was a legal requirement to wear a face mask outdoors in Wodonga, as it was in the rest of Victoria, even though it was not necessary at all on the other side of the border.

Guess that it's umm, just part of the culture of Victoria, but I do wonder how many residents of that state would have done their shopping on the northern side of the border until they finally got rid of their mask mandate in shopping centres about six weeks ago :twisted:
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I can't say anything as I have zero in the medical field & is just my observation but last year was one of the few years I can remember that I didn't get sick, I don't recall coming down with the usual cold or virus (fever?) that would make me feel dizzy and not want to eat. I guess all I can attribute that too is all these measures working, the social distancing, the higher hygiene practices (I mean I was always hygienic but never carried hand sanitizer on me before the outbreak), maybe even mask wearing has helped to some form? Could also be that everywhere has upped with their cleaning practices more frequently wiping down surfaces after each use and because of COVID we've put more of a reminder out there just how important being hygienic really is.

Maybe the message may even be out there just really how important it is to stay home if you're unwell. Before this there was definitely plenty of cases from all sorts of people who would still go to work sick for whatever reason (could be casual, could be an important project, company could depend on them etc). Let's hope even after we possibly (who knows if it 100% can be eradicated) defeat the virus and can return to a normal life that these safe hygiene practices stick (stay home if unwell, keeping up with use of hand sanitizer & soap, wearing a face mask) etc.

Small note, dependent on industry this is also proved how well WFH (Work from home) actually works so if one is sick but the company depends on them they can still conduct work from home remotely which means no need to come into the office and for the germs or virus to become airborne and spread.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

As we've found out, the disease is airborne. I'm not sure what role (if any) surface transmission, e.g. via handrails, cash-money, restaurant tables has played in transmission, but if it isn't spreading this way, all that sanitisation business is only doing one thing - breeding superbugs.

Last year I only had a mild cold early in the season, whereas I would normally find myself with a cold almost monthly! I would attribute that to less contact with others, and making a more conscious effort to wash my hands. Nothing else was any different for me.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

BroadGauge wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:04 am
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm It would be quite complicated for me to explain this style of logic to some people. because the main (and the stupidest in my mind) excuse I get from people for not wearing a mask is: "ThErE iS nO cOviD hErE" We really need people to understand this logic so that's why Face masks are mandatory on Public Transport across victoria.
Seeing as your profile says that you live in Wodonga, it must make you quite upset that just across the river in Albury, there are no requirements to wear a face mask in any setting aside from at the airport, nor has it ever been a requirement previously anywhere in Southern NSW.

Perhaps these hardcore criminals that you are seeing in Wodonga, are simply visitors from Albury who don't realise or understand the epidemiology of how there has never been a need for masks in their town, but that lives are being put on the line if you don't wear one south of the Murray River.

In fact I I believe that for quite some time it was a legal requirement to wear a face mask outdoors in Wodonga, as it was in the rest of Victoria, even though it was not necessary at all on the other side of the border.

Guess that it's umm, just part of the culture of Victoria, but I do wonder how many residents of that state would have done their shopping on the northern side of the border until they finally got rid of their mask mandate in shopping centres about six weeks ago :twisted:
I do notice that there are many Wodonga Residents (particularly teenagers) that don't wear face masks on buses. Surely Someone has told them already that they need to wear a face mask on the bus (and there are signs on the bus that clearly state that you should wear a face mask) Even when I show someone the Victorian Government website. (I have not heard about any update or seen any update regarding whether you should wear face masks on public transport whatsoever and I believe some people assume that restrictions on face masks on buses ease)
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”