Covid-19

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Covid-19

Post by Swift »

Just to remind people.
https://youtu.be/7zatCqqRY_I
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

This is good news for our South Australian friends
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-20/ ... y/12903834

South Australia to end coronavirus lockdown three days early after pizza worker's 'lie'
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

He must be the most hated man in the state. He better go live elsewhere.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Interesting view if your on the nsw/qld border police stop you for i d and having a permit people shove their mobiles out the widow at police as its on their phone then they look at it wave you through............your car is still running and its in gear with the hand brake on ....................And yet you get booked for the same thing in NSW CAR ENGINE RUNNING YOUR STOPPED USING PHONE. i do not use a mobile . JUST A THOUGHT AS i SEEN IT AT THE BORDER TODAY WILL ASK POLICE ON THE WAY BACK!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

captainch wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm Interesting view if your on the nsw/qld border police stop you for i d and having a permit people shove their mobiles out the widow at police as its on their phone then they look at it wave you through............your car is still running and its in gear with the hand brake on ....................And yet you get booked for the same thing in NSW CAR ENGINE RUNNING YOUR STOPPED USING PHONE. i do not use a mobile . JUST A THOUGHT AS i SEEN IT AT THE BORDER TODAY WILL ASK POLICE ON THE WAY BACK!
That sounds like the majority of folks. If it was me, and I had a digital permit that was on the phone, I'd personally turn the engine off and get out the car to show it to them.

Not gonna let money hungry governments cash in even further, due to an unwelcome virus finding it's way to Australia.
captainch

Post by captainch »

i AGREE but the trouble is they tell you to STAY IN YOUR CAR do not get out but they don't say turn your engine off put hand brake on. SO TODAY AFTER GOING THROUGH THE BORDER QLD INTO NSW we stopped and walked back asked to speak to the officer in charge was told were he was asked him the question was told its exzempt because it would cause futher delays so he said if you have problems talk to your local member which I WILL DO AS ITS 2 DIFFERANT CASES SO 3 MILES DOWN THE ROAD i can be pulled up by the police and booked for have my mobile in my hand while the engine is running and hand brake not on.!
still going to see my local member on monday!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

That sounds like a catch 22. I'd want to carry a written permit in that scenario. It sounds like the government is exploiting a loophole to cash in and bring in more revenue. It would be similar to an essential worker's permit to leave 'home'.

t's not the cop's fault. They usually just follow orders.
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

It certainly is TA3001.

I have crossed the QLD-NSW border a few times and I have always opted for printing a border pass.
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
captainch

Post by captainch »

ON speaking to my local member today he spoke with the POLICE MINISTER and they CAN book you for the phone offence in NSW but can turn a blind eye in this case .........All you need is a good LAWYER to chalange this not that I'M condoning using your moblie while driving!
eddy

Post by eddy »

If you can spread Covid-19 a few days before any symptoms then I think it is too late after symptoms arise therefore, I suggest random checking with out having to isolate unless positive result.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
CityRail

Re: Opal Discussion and Observations

Post by CityRail »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:I doubt we'll see "protests / riots" because of masks being made compulsory, England and United states residents have no problems wearing them and really the only people chucking the grumps over being forced to use masks are your conspiracy theorists / anti mask wearers.

I use mine when going into public or on public transport. Unfortunately if you read some of the recent posts in the lunch room it's clear people still aren't getting the message and are still continuing to sneeze / cough into the open.

Edit: About costs too I partly buy it but don't buy it 100%, while this is off topic all I will state is that the Government has plenty of money to wash away on less important things & nothing is said but apparently when it comes to the real important issue suddenly it's a cost problem and can't be done or only in a limited small amount that's so small you might as well not even have bothered doing anything.
Before we make masks compulsory for passengers, let's first mandate staff to wear one.

I still see lots of bus drivers without a mask.

Sent from my SM-A7050 using Tapatalk

Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

CityRail wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 pmBefore we make masks compulsory for passengers, let's first mandate staff to wear one.

If you are going to mandate mask wearing, it should be everyone, not just staff. Until such time as (if) it needs to become compulsory, adults can make their own risk assessment.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

CityRail wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 pm.Before we make masks compulsory for passengers, let's first mandate staff to wear one.

Sent from my SM-A7050 using Tapatalk
Bus drivers are well insulated from passing passengers, and have only very brief interaction as they pass, with no physical contact. The risks would be no greater, probably less, than walking past someone the street.

Passengers can be sitting in the one spot for extended periods of time, and would be touching surfaces used by others. A much higher risk of transmission.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This discussion had absolutely nothing to do with Opal.
Living in the Shire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

I went up Sydney today and even though the train was half full only a couple of Asians and me wore a mask even though there was a lady at Central offering free ones out.

It is a bit more like snorkelling where you take slower deeper breaths (although I am half dusted) but once you get used to feeling odd you forget about it and when you get home you know you may have protected someone from getting it.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Passenger 57

Post by Passenger 57 »

I heard that, that's probably the first time I've heard Howard Collins speak. I think they should also publish lists of Opal card numbers that the contact tracers have been unable to contact due to lack of registration or out of date contact details. Too bad, no journo asked him a question about TfNSW providing masks to travellers.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Why should TfNSW provide masks? They are readily available just about everywhere. And have to be worn in many other places.
@ The Museum of Fire.
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

Perhaps transfer part of this to a new thread about provision of free masks

It should be based on the same principle as why one can obtain free condoms at specific health organisations because it good for public health.

Unfortunately COVID-19 is seen as one or more of the below rather than being solely a public health issue as it should and only be treated all along:

- China's fault
- NSW is reckless
- Victoria started it all
- West is Best etc

I have also noticed that as soon as masks were made mandatory, almost everyone was wearing a mask in public (not just in indoor areas). Imagine how many cases we would be seeing now if this was mandated sometime between March and December 2020 :roll:
Last edited by boxythingy on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boronia

Post by boronia »

boxythingy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pm
I have also noticed that as soon as masks were made mandatory, almost everyone was wearing a mask in public (not just in indoor areas). Imagine how many cases we would be seeing now if this was mandated sometime between March and December 2020 :roll:
Despite the sudden "demand" for masks, there does not seem to have been any noticeable shortage in shops in the last few days.
@ The Museum of Fire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Westerners still think a mask is primarily there to protect the user when it is 90% more effective in protecting others
boronia

Post by boronia »

So if two people wearing masks are in close contact there would be 91% combined effectiveness.
Last edited by boronia on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Post by boronia »

boxythingy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pm Perhaps transfer part of this to a new thread about provision of free masks

It should be based on the same principle as why one can obtain free condoms at specific health organisations because it good for public health.
Maybe we should all get free umbrellas and raincoats, because not getting wet clothes would be good for public health LOL
@ The Museum of Fire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

boronia wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:55 pm So if two people wearing masks are in close contact there would be 91% combined effectiveness.
I dont know about that as I was only referring to aerosols in an enclosed space.
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

boronia wrote:
boxythingy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pm Perhaps transfer part of this to a new thread about provision of free masks

Maybe we should all get free umbrellas and raincoats, because not getting wet clothes would be good for public health LOL
There's a greater rationale during a pandemic to go into debt to provide basics to ensure people have the PPE required to ward off a wicked virus
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

boxythingy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:42 pm
That would certainly be totally effective but how do you get it over your head? :shock:

Return to “General Transport Discussion”