Denning Hi-Deck Landseer History.

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
landseer1

Re: Denning Hi-Deck Landseer History.

Post by landseer1 »

escapes wrote:Three of the best, in one of the above posts, somebody mentioned the High Deck performed better, it had aa different chassis to the conventional Landseer along with stiffer panard rods to keep it level.

With Manly Coaches having number plate TV15, I find that maby a bit confusing as AAT had 000 to 15 and held them in great regard.
Haha cheers, I thought this model must have been different underneath. I always figured it was the dual tyres on the tag that helped the handling.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

landseer1 wrote:
escapes wrote:Three of the best, in one of the above posts, somebody mentioned the High Deck performed better, it had aa different chassis to the conventional Landseer along with stiffer panard rods to keep it level.

With Manly Coaches having number plate TV15, I find that maby a bit confusing as AAT had 000 to 15 and held them in great regard.
Haha cheers, I thought this model must have been different underneath. I always figured it was the dual tyres on the tag that helped the handling.
The Lansdseer coaches had an option for dual tyred lazy axle at some point. Briscoes Coaches in Adelaide had one.The high deck would have had some differences in the chassis,for example the wheelbase and rear overhang were different to the usual Landseer coaches.
GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

If anyone is reading these posts re Denning Landseer Hi Deck in 2021, this post is to try to find out if any other owners of this particular type of vehicle have had to access new lower windscreen glass.
I am in the process of converting a 1987 Hi Deck to a motorhome and need new lower windscreens.
If you are an owner who has had the lower windscreen/s replaced and knows of ready supply, I would be interested to know where or how you obtained these.
On the other hand if you are a Hi Deck owner and would be interested in obtaining lower windscreens, I am investigating custom manufacture of lower windscreens, so there may be the opportunity of sharing the costs for obtaining what appears to no longer be a shelf item.

If you read this and have any information on this subject, please post so I can contact you of the relevant party.
By the way, the Hi Deck is a pleasure to drive any where I have done so. :)

GrahamH

Return to “General Transport Discussion”