Future of the board

News and comments about this board.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Future of the board

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Curious but seeing how the spammers are using signatures to advertise their spammy & somewhat questionable sites, is it possibly for the Administrators to disable signatures until you've been registered here for a set time and let's say have made 5 or 10 posts?

Also in regards to reporting user profiles, how would we notify an administrator since when I go to view their profile there is no option on this forums firmware (at least for us non-staff / members) to just directly report accounts from their profile?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Actually keeping the signatures makes it easier for us administrators to pick them and remove them as soon as possible. There is no need for members to report them as I clear them every day.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Re: The Lunch Room
This section is to discuss things that don't quite fit into one of the other categories on the board.
Subjects such as humour and off-topic discussion would be appropriate for this section.
Do silly "word & letter" games or unrelated trivia games really fit into this category? These sort of posts seem to me to distract from the overall intent of the Board.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thank you for those comments - We will be reviewing the situation with these word games on 15th October.
Living in the Shire.
JRBUS123
Favourite Vehicle: Ventura Volgren Optimus

Post by JRBUS123 »

boronia wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 pm Re: The Lunch Room
This section is to discuss things that don't quite fit into one of the other categories on the board.
Subjects such as humour and off-topic discussion would be appropriate for this section.
Do silly "word & letter" games or unrelated trivia games really fit into this category? These sort of posts seem to me to distract from the overall intent of the Board.
As the creator of these threads, I would like to apologise if it has distracted from the intent of the Lunch Room. I really like discussing on this forum (that’s not including the trivia and word games), so if it has been a distraction (and to be fair I think it has), I am ok for them to be removed from the Lunch Room

If I had to leave a recommendation however, I would probably move them to a “games” section of the miscellaneous part. They seem to be pretty popular for many of us and those forums I’ve created would probably be best suited there.
I would still like to see these threads, even if they are not in the lunch room

Happy to discuss further via PM if you have any concerns
Have a nice day

Kind regards
JRBUS123
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

Honestly JRBUS123, while the games are a bit of fun when I’m bored I must say I do agree with Boronia’s comments regarding this and I believe that might be better suited to another section. I’m glad Admin has been following this up.

I hope these comments aren’t taken the wrong way JRBUS123, as I commend your enthusiasm.

Furthermore, I would like to thank the admin team for being so helpful, following issues up and making this board a great place! Keep up the good work guys! Transport Enthusiasts such as myself are lucky to have you!! 🙂
Last edited by 385BUZ on Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

JRBUS123 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 pm As the creator of these threads, I would like to apologise if it has distracted from the intent of the Lunch Room. I really like discussing on this forum (that’s not including the trivia and word games), so if it has been a distraction (and to be fair I think it has), I am ok for them to be removed from the Lunch Room

If I had to leave a recommendation however, I would probably move them to a “games” section of the miscellaneous part. They seem to be pretty popular for many of us and those forums I’ve created would probably be best suited there.
I would still like to see these threads, even if they are not in the lunch room

Happy to discuss further via PM if you have any concerns
Have a nice day

Kind regards
JRBUS123
We've been through this before. Many years ago, we had similar threads in The Lunch Room, and did create a separate forum just for these games. Towards the end of 2009, we locked the threads, placed them back in The Lunch Room and removed the separate forum. Example thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42489
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Daily average of 38.52 for October - the main increase was early in the moth but decreasing since then especially in the last week or so.
Living in the Shire.
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

I don’t know if Fleet Lists or any of the other admin might be able to help with this, but I’m curious as to what the most popular times of the week are to post? I’m guessing evenings on weekends?
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have not got any statistics on that.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

385BUZ wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:30 pm I don’t know if Fleet Lists or any of the other admin might be able to help with this, but I’m curious as to what the most popular times of the week are to post? I’m guessing evenings on weekends?
Perhaps if you select "Active Topics" in the quick links menu, looking at the last posts column will give some indication of the spread of posting times.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

November was a good month just beating the daily 40 mark for the first time for quite some time at 40.07.

The games have quietened down a bit so a bit more transport discussion this month.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

December was even better with 51.00 but it has been downhill again since then with 39.13 in January, virtually the same in February with 39.18 in February but only 30.29 in March.

The games which started late last year appear to have stopped again.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It has been a while since I posted here.
Since April each month until July. the average has been in the low thirties.
Unfortunately I cant provide a figure for August as a another Admin deleted a member who had a large number of edits but did not keep a record so the figure is totally distorted on the available figures. But I know the last week or so has been very quiet.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yesterday at 4 pm was then end of the month as far as the September statistics were concerned.
The first week averaged over 30 but the we has three days each with less that 10 edits. This picked up a bit from there but we averaged only 22.53 per day - not real good.
But then in the past 24 hours we had 41 edits so a healthier start to the month. Let us hope we can keep this up.
Living in the Shire.
locoman8434

Post by locoman8434 »

it is now late october 2021, i havent been on here for a long while now due to travelling for a few years, now we are back in house, i need to feed my bus research.
hope someone reads this, as i am trying to find the ""MTT PRIVATE BUS DISPOSAL LIST"" WHICH USED TO BE ON HERE.

Cheers guys
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Perth MTT? Follow the link below...
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month has come to an end as at 4pm.
As mentioned above we started October well with 41 posts on the first day and kept that up until about the 10th of the month when we still averaged bout 40 for the month but is was downhill from there, finishing the months with an average of 29.87.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month has come to an end as at 4pm.
We started off very well with over 60 posts on 1st November something we could not keep up with some bad days below the 20 mark but still finishing up with an average of 32.17.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Firstly a prosperous and covid-less 2022 to all members.
December gave a daily average of 35.06. Up until a few days before Christmas the average was in the low forties but slowed down after that.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another months gone with a daily average of 31.58. For the first three weeks we stayed regularly around the 35 mark but it dipped during the past week with one day of only 14 edits but picked up today with about 40.
Living in the Shire.
RayW
Favourite Vehicle: 327 Holden Monaro GTS

Post by RayW »

Greetings from Sydney (west). I'm a newb here as you can see this is my first post. I did actually sign up because I had been trying to get more information on the new Sydney Intercity Fleet (yes I've found a thread). I was curious about this thread though and all I can say is, from our youngest daughter's experience, she has been running a forum for over a decade that has had its ups and downs. It has taken a big hit since the start of Covid, from around 100 posts a day in late 019, to around 7 a day now.

My wife asks her often why does she bother? Mel's answer, she'd keep it going even if she were the last; its her passion outside of work and family. So there you go. (btw, her forum is for Stargate fans)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month gone which started very slowly, then picked up in the second week with one day of nearly 70 edits and then slowed down again - in the past week one day of only 15 and another of only 16 - finishing with a daily average of 36.36 - the highest since February last year when it was 39.18.
Living in the Shire.
Rclasstramcar
Favourite Vehicle: 1955 Morris Minor-1961 Hillman

Post by Rclasstramcar »

I think it should stay. I am rarely on here now, though I still find the board useful from time to time.

Ben
Return Sydney's trams
Vote Morrison and his Government out this election.
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month which started slowly with one day with only 5 edits, and stayed slow just livening up somewhat. today with 40 edits, averaging only 21.95
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”