Sourcing More Information B001-2002 TRANSITSHOP

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Sourcing More Information B001-2002 TRANSITSHOP

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to obtain some model buses from a seller who was selling their dad's model buses collection. I have obtained this particular bus and would like to see if there is anyone that would have more information on it such as possible release date, where it might of been sold at, Info on Transitshop & other models and what became of them?

Back of the box

Bottom

I know this area doesn't get much attention but figure it is still worth a shot in case anyone knows the information I'm after.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Re: Sourcing More Information B001-2002 TRANSITSHOP

Post by captainch »

It was a one off model sold to state tranisit employees it wasn't a sucess it was latter sold by a few australia post offices before the transport for nsw shops came in they were not a sucess due to they never looked like a state transit bus.........................latter the same model was repainted in bus 2000 sydney olympics & given to drivers during the games long before that the same model was sold in many colours in the reject shops. they sold for about $5...
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

They are Chinese made, branded "Carven", just a generic model based loosely on a UK Dennis Dart, maybe a Optare body.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Thanks guys for the further information, I'm not too fussed about the design being based on a bus STA never really operated, just more so happy for the fact I finally have something STA branded & complete in box even if the quality isn't up to par like other official models.

Speaking of this one, I'd seen the exact same model go for sale on Ebay last week, seller wants $45 for it but it doesn't appear to come with it's box.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Transport Models”