My Toy & Model buses collection

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

My Toy & Model buses collection

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Over my lifetime I have managed to pick up a couple of bus toys here and there whether that'll be for display purposes or just toys I've had since my childhood, I've managed to pull out 3 that were in easy reach of me and take some photos of them, try and have a guess at what some of these are based on

This one should be easy to tell what it is, I purchased this one from a store called "Toyworld" back in 2016 / 2017 for $14 I believe.

An American bus of some sort, from the hotwheels range, had it for as long as I can remember.

Finally for tonight is this tour bus, I've had this one since I was in year 3. Does anyone want to take a guess on what an Australian equivalent of this may be?

Yes, overtime I'll be picking up more & when I can I'll probably post them here in my own topic.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Re: My Toy & Model buses collection

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I ordered one more this week and it reached me pretty quick, only had to wait a day to have it shipped to me.

Anyway to add to my collection, I have obtained the Siku 1884 MAN Double Decker but I'm yet to take it out of packaging as I'll be a bit busy this morning. This is something I wanted to obtain for a while now but not paying an arm and a leg for one is pretty hard, there is only so much I'm willing to pay for a little bus.

Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Over time I'm hopefully going to be more active in my own thread I've created here, at the start of the year I was fortunate enough to win a auction on a limited edition 1:76 scale Corgi MAN 24.350HOCL Volgren CR221LD based on no other than Citybuses Hong Kong 2500.

Only 3500 of these were produced in the early 2000's (I think this is around when this was released?) I own 2738.

At this present time It's the only Volgren bodied bus I own, there was another listing for an L94UB Volgren but unfortunately I didn't win it. Regardless 2500 is a welcome addition to my small collection and I'm glad to have an Australian bodied bus.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Oh my last post was 1st of March, how time flies? In my absence of posting in this thread I've collected / managed to obtain a couple of other buses over the past couple of months including the Scania L94UB which I said in my March 1st post I missed out on obtaining (thankfully another listing came up and waiting does pay off), I'll hopefully be posting the L94UB eventually but for now my most most recent model is of course AUBUS0001 from Creative Master Northcode limited.

The bus in Question is one of STA's most recognisable buses from the early 2000's scaled down to 1:76 scale, Up until April this year there were plenty of these roaming the streets of Sydney and these have been around since 1999 and are based very much on Mercedes own Citaro with Custom Coaches doing the bodywork. Unfortunately by 2016 their time was expiring. You see these buses run on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) and being these buses were reaching close to 16 - 17 years of age and given the average age for buses here is 25 before retirement the decision was made not to replace these tanks and instead the buses would be withdrawn (not in order of build date so a newer O405NH CNG could've been retired before the oldest were) and used for parts for others that remained in service & then sent for scrapping. Only one was preserved and can now be seen at the Sydney Bus Museum which I recommend you check out if you get the chance.

Now as for the story of my particular find, my AUBUS0001 (1184 out of 1500) was located in the United Kingdom, a listing came up on Ebay just before the 16th of May (I Think) and I stayed up late to put a bid on it (was up with two other accounts). Thankfully I won the auction and now I have an O405NH to add to my collection. Whether 1184 has always been based in the UK it's entire life I'm not 100% sure. Perhaps it could've originally been in Australia and then sent to the UK or maybe it spent it's entire life in the UK, who knows exactly.

Even if I'm not a Sydney resident & didn't get to ride these in the time they were in service, I'm very glad I can preserve their legacy and a Sydney Transport icon even after the real ones are unfortunately long gone.

I look forward to adding AUBUS0001 (1184) to my model bus collection.
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

Your Model has been added to the list.
79E76FDB-7261-400E-A586-D7A5D01A1AE6.jpeg
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

I HAVE A SYDNEY ALBION DD 1947 FOR SALE TRUX MODEL AND TRUX MODEL 1939 LEYLAND TIGER TS8 SINGLE DECK BUS ALSO FR SALE
GUY ARAB
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Glad I did many recordings of them to capture their quirky ZF gear changes which were unique to each bus.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The NSW Lockdown has pretty much kept me confined to my home, of course what better time than to go through some of my model buses again?

I figured this time I might as well show off my OZBus20003, A 1:76 scale replica of an Anhui Ankai HFF6121GS-3 registered as TV 7066 belonging to Sydney Explorer who many of you know as the operator for the Sydney Sightseeing Explorer buses.

As with a majority of OZBuses, only a small quantity of each model is made. The Particular model I purchased had been for sale for some time with no one interested in buying it and given the high amount of attention to detail on OZbuses as well as being a local model (In New South Wales or Australia) I decided to jump the decision on purchasing it. Now I'm actually not certain when this model was released as Transit Graphics website isn't really helpful and using the archive wayback machine the best I can gather is it may possibly be a 2019 release model or a little earlier. If anyone does know when this model was released please let me know

I'm very happy with my purchase of this model, it is in very excellent condition, still comes with its official packaging (well box) and it is another local model I can add to my model collection.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

While I don't care for it's typical Asian bus builder's styling, it had a very similar mechanical layout to the MCW Super Metrobuses and sounded pretty much the same. I also remember seeing them in that livery before they received the Big Bus livery. I have a certain respect and admiration for them.
That's a good acquisition showing what once was.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Transport Models”