Fleet lists question

Post, sightings, new vehicles, withdrawals, any changes to bus fleets here.
stajourneyman

Fleet lists question

Post by stajourneyman »

I'm a little confused by fleet lists fleet changes process.

When looking up changes for the past few days for say, Victoria, I would select 'Victoria', then 'changes', then say '3' (in the box) for the past three days.

After hitting the submit button, it then brings up the vehicle changes for the nominated period.

All good.

However, if I go into, say, Ventura's individual list and do the same thing, it will bring up a heap of changes that don't show up on the above Victoria changes.

It seems that certain fleet changes only show up when requested specifically.

Why is this so...?

...and how can one know which fleets this applies to?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Fleet lists question

Post by Fleet Lists »

Good question,
Initially there was one file per state except for NSW where the STA was in a separate file.

But over recent years a number of larger operators have been moved in their own files for some software reasons. These separate files may not always be recognised when doing a stae enquiry and I suspect Ventura is an example of that. As I am no longer directly involved with this I do not have a list of operators which are in separate files. The current updaters may be able to answer that.
Living in the Shire.
BusPlaneTrainTram

Post by BusPlaneTrainTram »

Ventura has a "last updated date" as 06/07/2017. Thus no changes will appear in the Victorian changes list.

For a very short time, the correct date was shown, then it has lapsed back to this date. For Ventura, it is always necessary to click on Ventura, then the number of days of changes sought.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

A further query with the fleet lists...

When clicking on a particular operator's fleet list, then clicking on the fleet summary option, it is quite common to find identical makes and models in separate categories rather than together in a single category..

When clicking on them, one of the two will then have no buses at all contained within it.

This seems to be fairly widespread across the lists.

...not meant as a criticism, rather an observation.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Can you provide an example?
Living in the Shire.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

http://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/cdc. ... ummary=CDC

There are quite a few examples on this list....

Bustech CDi - Cummins ISL
There are two consecutive listings for identical vehicle types here.
The first one has two vehicles, whilst the second has 23.
When you click on the one with two vehicles, there are none listed.
They do not show up within the listing for the other 23.

Likewise for ...

MAN 19.320 ...........................CB80

Mercedes Benz 0405 Mk11...........Customs 510

Mercedes Benz 0405NH..............Customs 550

Volvo B11R.............................Irizar 'i6'

Volvo B7R..............................Marcopolo Audace ...

Volvo B7R..............................Volgren 'Endura'

it is actually quite widespread across the lists in various States.

Could it just be an invisible space entered after the end of the chassis or body causing the program to differentiate between them?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It appears to be something like that - I have not seen it before. But I dont have anything to do with the files these days so I can have a closer look at them
Living in the Shire.
BusPlaneTrainTram

Post by BusPlaneTrainTram »

Had the same experience with the NZ lists - an accidental touch of the space bar creates a different field for that group. Have had to go back and play with the entries to remove such errors and simplify the lists.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

It is not a result of an erroneous space added. Updates to PHP versions in the server have caused this problem with the fleet list script. There is no known solution. Any help appreciated, please contact me if you may be able to assist.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Have you tried replacing blanks in the URL with %20?
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Not sure exactly what you are referring to fleet lists, what I am talking about is how the script no longer functions correctly for buses recently added or updated - which I believe is related to having "..." in the body details.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The older and newer gave me a clue.
In the information being passed to the script which lists the various chassis/body types.
MAN 19.320 CB 80 m/o 6840 - one of the new ones
<a href="cdc.php?search=CDC&chassisreq=MAN 19.320 HOCL-R-NL&bodyreq=Custom "CB80"" When received by the listing program this is listed as an incorrectly formatted href when I looked at the source list.

on the older ones
<a href="cdc.php?search=CDC&chassisreq=MAN 19.320 HOCL-R-NL&bodyreq=Custom "CB80"">

The problem is that the " at the beginning of CB80 is no longer translated to " and hence the " flags the end of href ignoring the CB80 part and hence two separate items.

I cant remember for sure where the " is changed to " but I thought it was before the item was captured to the fleet list file.

I have not got access to fleet lists data but could you check if for the old ones the file has it as " before and after the CB80 and " before and after for the newer ones?
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I tried enquiries on both m/o 5468 (old) and m/o 6840 (new) and again the former had it as "CB80" and the latter had it as "CB80" - here it does not matter as both just display the data.

But this tends to indicate that the " is now no longer changed to " before being captured to the file.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Spot on.

CDC||m/o 5468|MAN 19.320 HOCL-R-NL|Custom "CB80"|WMARC2ZZ8GC022383|G7112-02|2/17||Y|B50DW|ex Forest Coach Lines Pty Ltd (Next Capital) m/o 5468 28/9/18; Reg 3/17.|28/09/2018|Transport NSW|FT|94

CDC||m/o 6840|MAN 19.320 HOCL-R-NL|Custom "CB80"|WMARC2ZZ4J0024493|FOR-009-CB|12/18||Y|B50DW|Reg 1/19.|12/02/2019|Transport NSW|FT|94

I suspect it’s a problem with the update script, as when updating an existing ‘new entry’ the " is automatically removed in the script and has to be re-entered manually each time.

Return to “Bus Fleet Changes”