Sita Buslines- Dennings

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
venturatiger

Sita Buslines- Dennings

Post by venturatiger »

Hi there , here are some more old Dennings all operated by Sita at some stage of there career
Sita over the years ran a fairly large collection of Dennings with all bar 2 being secondhand.
Hope you enjoy
Regards Venturatiger

[39] BPT444 was new in 1976 & had two stints at Sita, was new to Martins of Albury MO943

[41] ABM791 was new in 1977 & came from Westernport Roadlines & seen here on tram replacement on St.Kilda rd.

[71] AHW055 was new in 1977 & was an Albion VK67 with a 4-71 GM in the back, was new to Melbright Coaches, with stints at Hoy, Bright , then Nuline in between

[40] CTG330 new in 1980 as Australian Pacific [17], then to AAT-Kings NT [33] & was one of several Dennings from this source .These Coaches would have done many trips up the Highway on Pokie Trips.

Sita also had a couple of Denning Double Deckers ex Deluxe

[23] CTG320 was one of only 2 Dennings purchased brand new, Austral Tourmasters being the prefered new vehicle purchase
Austral 87

Re: Sita Buslines- Dennings

Post by Austral 87 »

looks great, i remember about i was little kid i sit dennings coach. it was red stripes with orange logo like " sita coaches" orange logo and Austral tourmaster too.

any one got photo of Sita Coaches with red bottom color with orange "Sita coaches between 1977-1985

hope to see nice picture..

kindly regaurds,

Austral 87
User xxx

Post by User xxx »

Firefly interstate which is a part of sita when I was travelling with them I counted three double deck dennings cause I remember the night I caught firefly to sydney and it was duing there busy time they sent all three deckers to sydney two full and one empty looked a great site with all three denning double decks flying up the hume north great pictures route660.
Coach_Captain
Favourite Vehicle: MAN Mk1.... They rule.

Post by Coach_Captain »

In the late 1990's, Sita used the Dennings as School Buses, on thier Westbourne School Services

Bus 26 (ATF 111) sits in a rather unloved yard, which has since been upgraded.

Some Dennings were bought down from Queensland, probabily to help keep the Melbourne Fleet going. Seen at the depot in around 2000 was this unknown ex Queensland unit, being used for parts
I am like a Royal Family Member..
Better than taking the horse and cart
I drive the Silver SmartBus... and it's a Mercedes!!
meatandveg

Post by meatandveg »

them old denning they look to me like old scool bus. they gotta buy a new bus, they not gonna get no passengers in them, they not aircon, no got old vynil seat that smell like piss and they got dirty window
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

meatandveg wrote:them old denning they look to me like old scool bus. they gotta buy a new bus, they not gonna get no passengers in them, they not aircon, no got old vynil seat that smell like piss and they got dirty window
What.
Wriggs

Post by Wriggs »

venturatiger wrote:Hi there , here are some more old Dennings all operated by Sita at some stage of there career
Sita over the years ran a fairly large collection of Dennings with all bar 2 being secondhand.
Hope you enjoy
Regards Venturatiger

[39] BPT444 was new in 1976 & had two stints at Sita, was new to Martins of Albury MO943

[41] ABM791 was new in 1977 & came from Westernport Roadlines & seen here on tram replacement on St.Kilda rd.

[71] AHW055 was new in 1977 & was an Albion VK67 with a 4-71 GM in the back, was new to Melbright Coaches, with stints at Hoy, Bright , then Nuline in between

[40] CTG330 new in 1980 as Australian Pacific [17], then to AAT-Kings NT [33] & was one of several Dennings from this source .These Coaches would have done many trips up the Highway on Pokie Trips.

Sita also had a couple of Denning Double Deckers ex Deluxe

[23] CTG320 was one of only 2 Dennings purchased brand new, Austral Tourmasters being the prefered new vehicle purchase
I remember the old dennings, starting out you always got them to do the school runs before being allowed to upgrade to the australs... I worked there in the late 90's early 2000's. Where the old dennings were parked was 2 caravans. the guy who lived in one was the night fueler and cleaner and the other was an old guy by the name of snowy (if my memory serves me correct?) snowy knew everything about everything. I remember 4 of us driving an old denning from Queensland to Melbourne (not long after they bought coachtrans) and snowy talked the whole time, telling us all about each town we passed... My goal was to do a tour of Americans. It was only the best of best drivers who got to take them (Robert, Snowy and Rocky are some names I remember) they always got the best coaches

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”