WANTED a Copy of the CD-ROM prepared by the late Garth Evans entitled "PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN METROPOLITAN ADELAIDE 1836-2

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
leyland4ever

WANTED a Copy of the CD-ROM prepared by the late Garth Evans entitled "PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN METROPOLITAN ADELAIDE 1836-2

Post by leyland4ever »

Hello,

I am hoping that someone may be able to tell me whether it is possible to purchase a copy of the above CD-ROM? And if so where?

I don't mind if it is not in tip-top condition, as long as most of it could be read on an average computer.

I know the SA State Library has a copy available for reading in a Reading Room, and will photocopy some pages, at a fee, but I would imagine there would be a limit on how many copies would be allowed. And of course it would be quite expensive.

I have finally finished reading Tom Wilson's book published early last year, which I can thoroughly recommend - but it does take a long time to get through!

I was amazed at how much new information I learned!

I thought Garth's CD would be a good follow-on. If I can't find anywhere to buy a copy, it looks as though I will be spending quite a bit of time travelling in and out of town, and in the State Library Reading Room over the next few months!

Thanks in anticipation for any assistance, and "Cheers to all!"

Trevor

BTW The date on heading should be 1836-2000 - but the 2002 did not fit in the heading Sorry!
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: WANTED a Copy of the CD-ROM prepared by the late Garth Evans entitled "PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN METROPOLITAN ADELAIDE 18

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Having read (some of, or most of) both, I can say that Tom Wilson's book largely follows on from Garth Evans' work, with more "why" and "how", whereas Evans was only focussing on "what" (and of course, "when"). So by reading Wilson, you somewhat remove the need for Evans' work.

I was given a digitised copy of Garth Evans' some years ago; feel free to PM me if you cannot find it anywhere else and we can arrange something.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”