NSW Bus Industry Taskforce announced

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Re: NSW Bus Industry Taskforce announced

Post by Randomness »

I recall Minns saying his government didn’t care much for unions anyways back when the rail strikes were going on.

It does show, the government only announced pay rises for teachers when the Teachers Federation were just about to go on strike. Same with the ambos, I think the back of some had some messages about the government not keeping promises to alleviate shortages.

When even essential public services like these have been ignored, I doubt the fairly tame TWU (which I think most drivers are now on due to privatisation) will do anything much.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Judging by the comments on Facebook, ambo's haven't got their rises yet. Firefighters got theirs a week or so back.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

I noticed that John Lee was in the Telegraph today talking up the need for more bus services in the west and south-west.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

The transport minister was on 2GB yesterday she was saying there will be changes coming for bus services in the west and south west and they would concentrate on rolling more electric buses out into western Sydney
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Is there anything to come for Outer Sydney or is this another disappointment where regionals continued to get shafted?

The only information I've come across so far is for Sydney as usual No Newcastle, Wollongong, Central coast information :?:
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:25 pm Is there anything to come for Outer Sydney or is this another disappointment where regionals continued to get shafted?

The only information I've come across so far is for Sydney as usual No Newcastle, Wollongong, Central coast information :?:
By the way the minster was talking yesterday it sounds like the bus taskforce is concentrated on western Sydney at this time
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

That woefully sounds about right, they use to say NSW stood for Newcastle, Sydney & Wollongong but I've come to now learn it stands for No Sydney Worries. Sydney public transport in Trouble? No worries something is being done about it, regional public transport? Crickets.

I suppose I'm just at that point where I'm rightfully displeased the state Government only see Sydney and is oblivious there is actually areas outside of that also seeing teething issues when it comes to Public Transport. One only has to take a look at the Transport Ministers social media posts to say how much they really care about those who reside out of the states capital city region.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

It was only in December that the Task force was asking for feedback on Eurobodalla bus services. I'd assume other regional regions have been asked for feedback only recently, too. So it all will take time.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Post by 743 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:08 pm Sydney public transport in Trouble? No worries something is being done about it, regional public transport? Crickets.
Have you heard about the 16 Cities program? https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projec ... nt-program - there have been significant boosts to many regional bus services over the past couple of years (Armidale being the most recent in December).
Glen

Post by Glen »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:25 pm Is there anything to come for Outer Sydney or is this another disappointment where regionals continued to get shafted?

You can read the report here:

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/system ... r-2023.pdf

It does not only mention the big cities.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It's true though that the state government is extremely Sydney centric. They only reason the regional areas get any attention at all is those all important seats, many of which are coalition seats I imagine. One good thing about that is it saved country train services from total abolition after Nick got in back in 88.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”