Future of the board

News and comments about this board.
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Re: Future of the board

Post by Bus-1809 »

One of the other things that's always p***ed me off with the board, is that silly things like the debate of what the correct model designation for the Mercedes Benz Products introduced around 2003 was... I really didn't appreciate the admins changing the board settings to automatically change O(C)500LE to the designation that they dictated was correct in all forums except the WA one... Who really gives a flying f*** what each of us call it. We all know what we are discussing and it easily could have been made clear in a sticky post, that nobody is to correct another person on what they call them.

Yes it probably didn't help that it was blown out of proportion a few times by a few particular members, but you get my point. I still have people try to "Correct" me on the terminology on BookTube or whatever is fashionable this week, at times... I just ignore it.
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:26 am
Today is the last day of April so at 4pm I again finalised the month's statistics. It started off great on April Fools day with no less than 80 but it has been downhill ever since then with one 24 hour hour period only having 11 edits resulting in a daily average of just 35.4 posts for the month.
The end of another months so at 4pm we had averaged 34.6 posts per day during May. This weekend has been very quiet with just 33 posts in the last 48 hours.
There was a bit of a spike just after the new version went up but otherwise nothing to get exited about.
Living in the Shire.

hugh45

Post by hugh45 »

My interest in the ATDB and other facebook groups is my interest in buses and finding details of buses operating in Sydney since the 1950's. I have always wondered why some fleet lists have not been added as was being done a few years back. One list I would like to see included is of Westbus when owned by Bosnjak's. I know it would be a large task to undertake. I thank the administrators for there effort in updating the current fleet lists.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:36 am
The end of another months so at 4pm we had averaged 34.6 posts per day during May. This weekend has been very quiet with just 33 posts in the last 48 hours.
There was a bit of a spike just after the new version went up but otherwise nothing to get exited about.
Another month about to end - with a daily average of 36.60 for June. Going back about a week we were only averaging about 28 with things picking up since then but a lot of edits relate to Lunch Box items with very few real transport items.
Living in the Shire.

Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Although this wouldn't be necessarily enough to say anything, I think that the summary given by Fleet Lists does show that the transport side of things is definitely slowing down. Whether because of cultural influence or the COVID-19 situation is beyond my ability to answer, but I think it's at least an indication that there is slowly less interest or movement in the transport field.
[Insert Signature]

Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

As of 7:00pm on 7/7/20 this forum has gained 5574 members 864299 posts and 63522 topics in 16 years with a lot of years Of this forum and increase in the number of members posts and topics in this forum to come. How long was the BusAustralia.com website around for before this forum was created?
1000 posts and counting
1st post Sun Aug 11 2013 8:04pm
1000th post Sun Dec 15 2019 4:30pm

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I ran a WHOIS check on the BusAustralia.com domain (Just pop the URL into a whois website if you want to know) and it returned that the domain was first created on 2000-08-03 so a good 20 years or so, just to further confirm I also went to the earliest web archive of the domain and it was the 9th of March 2001, this is what I get taken too when I click it

https://web.archive.org/web/20010123220 ... u/busaust/

I was able to find some very old not possibly seen in ages photos as well, who knows what forgotten information is now hiding on archives about this forum & website.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

STA Fleet List https://web.archive.org/web/20010217220 ... fleet.html was dated 23 December 2000.
Living in the Shire.

Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Check out these old Australian Transport Discussion Board forum entries from January 2001 I wonder if any posters from the old forum in the link are members of this current forum
https://web.archive.org/web/20010123220 ... transport/
1000 posts and counting
1st post Sun Aug 11 2013 8:04pm
1000th post Sun Dec 15 2019 4:30pm

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

There are at least three people there including myself under a different name, who are members here.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”