• Advertisement

Ventura Group News 2019

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Re: Ventura Group News 2019

Postby miclementson » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:49 am

Would this mean that Drivers as well as Routes operated have relocated to Croydon. It would be of interest to know which Routes each depot now operates. Also which routes are now shared between depots.
From my observation is appears the 670 is shared by Lilydale and Knoxfield; the 732 and 737 are shared by Knoxfield and either Lilydale or Croydon.
miclementson

Postby Leyland B21 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:36 pm

miclementson wrote:Would this mean that Drivers as well as Routes operated have relocated to Croydon. It would be of interest to know which Routes each depot now operates. Also which routes are now shared between depots.
From my observation is appears the 670 is shared by Lilydale and Knoxfield; the 732 and 737 are shared by Knoxfield and either Lilydale or Croydon.
The bulk of eastern suburbs routes are shared between Lilydale, Croydon, Knoxfield and Monbulk. Very mininimal routes now are solely allocated to particular depots

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Leyland B21

Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Postby scott » Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm

The only routes that seem to be still exclusive to Knox depot(according to what I have observed) are the 201 Box Hill to Deakin Uni and the 768 Box Hill to Deakin. The majority of the rest of them are shared, a driver told me that they are often far away from their base depot for parts of their shift. 732 and 737 as mentioned above seem to be an mixture of Knoxfield,Lilydale or Croydon drivers and buses which make them interesting with some of the older ex US buses making appearances. With Oakleigh soon to be sharing with Dandenong and Moorabbin, as previously mentioned, I would think the Ivanhoe(Heidelberg) routes would be the only standalone depot in the Ventura network.
scott

Postby Andy O » Sun May 05, 2019 5:09 pm

one has to wonder if Seaford and Rosebud will remain standalone. Seaford has a number of 782s that start/finish at Balnarring and 781s from Mt Martha, and Rosebud has a number of 788s that start/end at Frankston. I would think its unlikely they will change but still food for thought. without doing calculations I would also suspect Seaford is closer for 708s and Dandenong potentially for some of the 833's
Andy O

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Melbourne / VIC