• Advertisement

Sydney Metro West announced

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby mandonov » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 pm

https://tfnsw.mysocialpinpoint.com/sydney-metro-west#/

The Metro West Social Pinpoint has been launched, for those wanting to submit ideas.
mandonov
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:34 pm
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby lunchbox » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 am

^^^^^^^^^^^That website is ok for fiddling, but is a bit difficult to navigate with any purpose. It's very disappointing that it is focussed on local amenities around proposed stations, and not the bigger picture of improved travel times and opportunities in a future Sydney.
lunchbox
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 129 times
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:11 am

lunchbox wrote:WHERE'S THE METRO-WEST CBD STATION TO BE?

Surely a prime consideration must be to provide convenient interchange with as many other lines as possible. "Stacked" platforms below the Metro South West platforms at Central should be considered now, even though it would require variations to the Central Walk construction contract. The big long-term benefit would be cross-platform interchange, at least between the 2 Metro lines. Central is also the only site which can provide direct interchange with every other line in the city, including, of course, the 2 light rail lines. The Central precinct probably has more potential for redevelopment & renewal than any other on the CBD-fringe.


While they just put out an impressive Parramatta video it could all be changed after an election win but it would be more convincing if they started an access/recovery/lift shaft on the grass next to Central and next to Harris park station as auto alley will become the CBD of Parramatta when Westconnex is finished.

By using a blue am team of 6 men followed by a pink pm team of 6 women it would appeal to the westie women voter.

Perhaps the wasted $800m stadium upgrade could be deferred for ten years when the public would accept a knock down rebuild and use the money for underground stations so there is certainty.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby J_Busworth » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:06 pm

http://www.lukefoley.com.au/labor_annou ... ern_sydney

I see that Sydney Metro West will be labor's top priority for rail development. Maybe it will be build sooner than originally thought.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
J_Busworth
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am
Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby quaidy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:40 pm

J_Busworth wrote:http://www.lukefoley.com.au/labor_announces_top_transport_priority_accelerate_new_western_metro_rail_line_for_western_sydney

I see that Sydney Metro West will be labor's top priority for rail development. Maybe it will be build sooner than originally thought.


Just like the CBD metro and north west metro?
User avatar
quaidy
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 pm

J_Busworth wrote:http://www.lukefoley.com.au/labor_announces_top_transport_priority_accelerate_new_western_metro_rail_line_for_western_sydney

I see that Sydney Metro West will be labor's top priority for rail development. Maybe it will be build sooner than originally thought.



One advantage in being the opposition is you can say what you would do if you get in but unless there is a start somewhere people are not convinced that this is not just another announcement from the present NSW government.

The westie women voters want a quick train with many seats https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... e-carriage not one that goes around the world with skinny stand up trains.

The value capture with this mob http://www.acbr.com.au/star-raise-450m- ... g-partners would not match the lost patronage from Parramatta.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby simonl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am

quaidy wrote:
J_Busworth wrote:http://www.lukefoley.com.au/labor_announces_top_transport_priority_accelerate_new_western_metro_rail_line_for_western_sydney

I see that Sydney Metro West will be labor's top priority for rail development. Maybe it will be build sooner than originally thought.


Just like the CBD metro and north west metro?

There was never any chance the NW Metro would be built. I don't know why anyone voted for it.
simonl
 
Posts: 7955
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Has thanked: 845 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:42 pm

simonl wrote:
Just like the CBD metro and north west metro?[/quote]
There was never any chance the NW Metro would be built. I don't know why anyone voted for it.[/quote]





Well a lot of women protesters out west would rather have a quick seat to the CBD now rather than $800m spent on a stadium and in the end it is who gets the most votes.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Actually it sounds better to have a one stop express to Parramatta to me and let the DD do the milk runs than wasting money on upgrading the stadium when in ten years the public would accept a knock down rebuild


Many people want to stop immigration due to congestion in the east so grow the west with 150kph one stop trains connecting all of greater Sydney
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby rogf24 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Not related to Metro West but is related to a Western Line upgrade, I found a diagram of the sextuplication of the rail line between Harris Park and Homebush on the Restore Inner West Line website. It interestingly calls for the removal of Clyde station, so I assume this will be happening regardless once the Carlingford Line gets converted. It also suggests removing Harris Park station (but I hope this one won't happen) as well Platform 1 and 2 at Flemington.
Image
User avatar
rogf24
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:20 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby swtt » Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 pm

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!!

Has this left wing group even looked at Google Maps and seen whether there is enough room for sextuplication without digging up half of Homebush/Flemington and in between????

Yes they're making a loud noise, but it's the silent majority that have benefited from the TT changes over the years that matter. Plus, Berala/Regent's Park now has a train every 15 min for most of the weekday. The rest of the line to Liverpool via Villawood now also has fast trains all day.
User avatar
swtt
 
Posts: 4699
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Transtopic » Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 am

swtt wrote:HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!!

Has this left wing group even looked at Google Maps and seen whether there is enough room for sextuplication without digging up half of Homebush/Flemington and in between????

Yes they're making a loud noise, but it's the silent majority that have benefited from the TT changes over the years that matter. Plus, Berala/Regent's Park now has a train every 15 min for most of the weekday. The rest of the line to Liverpool via Villawood now also has fast trains all day.

I don't get your point. What's the TT changes got to do with the sextuplication? Are you suggesting that Transport for NSW is left wing? It seems to be a perfectly logical plan to me and they would have obviously taken the physical constraints into consideration. I agree that Clyde should be closed after the Carlingford line is converted to light rail, but I disagree that Harris Park should be closed down completely. If feasible, the extra tracks should connect with the Western Main between Harris Park and Parramatta, leaving Harris Park station intact. I'm sure that some other refinements could be made, but overall it's a good starting point. It's going to be needed regardless of the Metro West expansion.
Transtopic
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 pm
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 am

mandonov wrote:https://tfnsw.mysocialpinpoint.com/sydney-metro-west#/

The Metro West Social Pinpoint has been launched, for those wanting to submit ideas.


My idea is to have a common 6m wide east west metro platform 20m below and at right angles to the surface platforms instead of what they are planning at Central.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... dsuccess=1
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Rails » Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm

rogf24 wrote:Not related to Metro West but is related to a Western Line upgrade, I found a diagram of the sextuplication of the rail line between Harris Park and Homebush on the Restore Inner West Line website. It interestingly calls for the removal of Clyde station, so I assume this will be happening regardless once the Carlingford Line gets converted. It also suggests removing Harris Park station (but I hope this one won't happen) as well Platform 1 and 2 at Flemington.


Very interesting. Still, I would be surprised if this passes a cost > benefit analysis or if building it was deemed an acceptable risk/ disruption for the benefit. I would think a tunnel from east of Westmead would be more likely.
Rails
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby swtt » Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Transtopic wrote:
swtt wrote:HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!!

Has this left wing group even looked at Google Maps and seen whether there is enough room for sextuplication without digging up half of Homebush/Flemington and in between????

Yes they're making a loud noise, but it's the silent majority that have benefited from the TT changes over the years that matter. Plus, Berala/Regent's Park now has a train every 15 min for most of the weekday. The rest of the line to Liverpool via Villawood now also has fast trains all day.

I don't get your point. What's the TT changes got to do with the sextuplication? Are you suggesting that Transport for NSW is left wing? It seems to be a perfectly logical plan to me and they would have obviously taken the physical constraints into consideration. I agree that Clyde should be closed after the Carlingford line is converted to light rail, but I disagree that Harris Park should be closed down completely. If feasible, the extra tracks should connect with the Western Main between Harris Park and Parramatta, leaving Harris Park station intact. I'm sure that some other refinements could be made, but overall it's a good starting point. It's going to be needed regardless of the Metro West expansion.


No it's the lobby group that is left wing. Especially in digging up these fantasy plans, of which most of them will be stopped at government cabinet level as the politicians in power debate it and find the "best" solution forward.

That sextuplication diagram is dated 2013. More than likely a pipe dream until Metro West got announced.
User avatar
swtt
 
Posts: 4699
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Tue May 15, 2018 12:43 pm

I think there is too much pollution in Darling harbour for an immersed tunnel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY24FNR0Qi8

One dead fish and people would be screaming for a stop.

And according to this it is 12m deep at Barangaroo https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/med ... r_2016.pdf and I do not know how much deeper competent rock is but overall the tunnel bottom would have to be at least 20m deep that means a grade of at least of one in ten to get to Martin place.

They could have a deep station below Martin place with big lifts or perhaps go around the world like Chatswood to Epping to gain height (if they had just built a bridge it would have been Chatswood to Parramatta)

I just want to know they have thought this through.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Tonymercury » Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 am

Tonymercury
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Botany NSW
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby eddy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 am

Tonymercury wrote:https://www.sydneymetro.info/station/martin-place-station

https://www.sydneymetro.info/station/barangaroo-station

http://en-au.topographic-map.com/places ... a-3887523/

Do your own mathematics


Yep that is what I thought so they would have to do an immersed tube tunnel which I have my doubts.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search ... hTab=model
User avatar
eddy
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Tonymercury » Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Really?
Tonymercury
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Botany NSW
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby grog » Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm

The previously proposed CBD Metro was to use TBMs crossing under Darling Harbour to a station at Barangaroo/Wynyard. I don’t see this being different if a similar alignment is selected.
grog
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 am
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby GazzaOak » Thu May 17, 2018 7:23 am

grog wrote:The previously proposed CBD Metro was to use TBMs crossing under Darling Harbour to a station at Barangaroo/Wynyard. I don’t see this being different if a similar alignment is selected.


They really need a station at darling harbor....
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
User avatar
GazzaOak
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby facm337 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Are there still any plans for passing loops for express trains? I saw it in an article when this project was first announced. Ideally they should build stacked tunnels, one for express, one for locals, and that way they can have more stations along the way, while at the same time having an express service of <15min between Parra and the CBD.

Btw submissions close tomorrow if you guys want to have your say
sydneymetrowest@transport.nsw.gov.au
facm337
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Transtopic » Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

facm337 wrote:Are there still any plans for passing loops for express trains? I saw it in an article when this project was first announced. Ideally they should build stacked tunnels, one for express, one for locals, and that way they can have more stations along the way, while at the same time having an express service of <15min between Parra and the CBD.

Btw submissions close tomorrow if you guys want to have your say
sydneymetrowest@transport.nsw.gov.au

They should be able to get the express journey down to 20 minutes on the existing main tracks (currently 25 minutes), without having to interchange at Parramatta, if they put their minds to it. I doubt if there will be any separate express tracks on the metro.
Transtopic
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 pm
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Geo101 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Some sort of drilling setup near Rydalmere station is in place.

https://ibb.co/ixv9BT
Geo101
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Sydney Metro West announced

Postby Stu » Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 am

^ Also at Callan Park Rozelle.
Stu
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 446 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Sydney / NSW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests