truck stops

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

deepthought2006

Re: truck stop

Post by deepthought2006 »

Daz wrote:By the way, Peter1805 was new here at one stage too. Bus driving has this effect where it feels like you've been doing it for approximately 4 times as long as you really have. This causes situations where you feel the need to express your opinion so badly you don't fully take the time to figure out whether it's constructive or not. I understand it's caused by a slow but continuous accumulation of drugs ingested during the handling of money, and can never be reversed. I now tell people that when I want their opinion, I'll give it to them.

Daz
Love it! Especially the bit about the money handling and Daz' forthright "diplomacy" : "I now tell people that when I want their opinion, I'll give it to them." :D :lol: :D
All opinions expressed are my own.
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Re: truck stops

Post by Doc68 »

boronia wrote:If you don't understand the basic principles of what was going on in these circumstances, it may be a bit difficult to explain it here.
Or should I have said

WOW if only I knew I could have Knickschutzanlage :D while I feststellbremse - losenkontrolle of my geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung :shock: :shock: instead of fahrsceinentwerter my starterdruckknopf & not getting a freigabe kinderwagen :( :( :oops: with automatik ausgeschaltet :shock: :? BUGGER the things you learn when its tooo late :oops: :oops:
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

They are not called STDs any more they are called STIs. Sexually Transmitted Infections.

What Daz, havnt you jumped in the bunk of a coach and the sheets have been all sticky?

With hitchikers only two phrases come to mind. On your back or on your way!
Fork it or walk it!
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

charming talk I must say :lol: 8)
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Mr Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

As a matter of fact there is a practical example happening at the moment.
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

A drunk, stoned and foul smelling 30's indigenous female named "Bertha" from "Rocky" walked up at Berowra.
"Have either of youse got any smokes?"
Nah sorry, I just ran out.
"Are youse going to Brisbane?"
I'm going up that way, but I can only go to Beresfield, you'll catch another lift there easy.
"Take her to Brisbane!" yells Mr Scania. F***en, shoosh. Mr Scania's car needed a boost, so to make sure she didn't steal anything I got her to hold the torch and stay outside.
Got to top of the Hawkesbury "I feel all funny, I gotta lie down in the bed."
Please don't get in there, that's my bed with my clean sheets. You'll feel sick if you lie down.
"Nah I reallllly want to lie down."
Look, if you lie down there, the next thing you see will be a cop dragging you out by the hair. If you want a ride, sit down.
10 minutes pass.
"I'm getting hungry and I really need a smoke. Can we stop somewhere?"
Yeah I haven't had dinner yet either, we'll pull up at Wyong for a minute.
"Can you buy me some food? I'm really hungry. Some chicken and some chips. I'm so hungry."
I don't know what they have, but I will get us something from the servo.
In the next 20 minutes, she asked every minute without fail how far away we were.
We finally stopped, they had a board with three things, like a pie, drink and chocolate for $7. She got a sandwich and chocolate milk, shampoo and soap. I got a pie, iced coffee and a cherry ripe and smokes. Got going, ate our food, couple smokes.
10 minutes pass "I really need to lay down".
No.
"How about a root then"
No. I'm have a missus and I'm catholic, plus I just had one today.
Unphazed, "how long to where you are dropping me off?"
I tried making small talk, but it was invariably met with "how long now?" and questions about what was there at Bero.
Dropped her off at the BP, no thanks or goodbye, took one of my pillows which I let her have cause it was pretty gross anyway, and that was that.

I don't know if she was upset for being knocked back, or too drunk to care. It made me wonder if she was just there for a shag, but I'm not the kinda person to say no because you're stinky, drunk, most likely a carrier for various diseases and i cant imagine you've had shaved your box in 20 years. She pulled a cask out of her bag, ripped off the cardboard carton and left it on the floor.

I still have her stinky hat.

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
meladramatic12

Post by meladramatic12 »

Its interesting to see this thread is still going. Although someone tried hard to silence us and say this is dubious and my motives are suspicious. Thank you very much Daz for sharing that story. To be honest, I wouldn't have even offered to give her a lift because it would have been too much trouble and risky. The worse is no thank you that is just a complete lack of manners. She really got a lot from a strange; food, some smokes, soap, shampoo, pillow and a lift. She sounds pretty demanding too. It sounds like Daz you had your guard up and were careful while in her presence. Hence, you got her to hold the torch because you thought you would steal and you didn't let her touch your bedding, I guess this was because she was pretty dirty. You really took a big risk to help her and your lucky it didn't backfire. I guess there's a saying out there about this "no good deed goes unpunished"

Did she get anywhere near Beresfield? Daz you were with Mr Scania from this forum at Berowra,right? It seems to me that maybe as a joke Mr Scania encouraged you to give "Bertha" a lift. I take it Mr Scania is a truckie too. Daz are you a Catholic? Ummmm, sorry if she is drunk, stoned, hasn't shaved her box in 20 years, carrying diseases and foul smelling, she deserves to be knocked back. She was probably certainly carrying diseases and her box well we won’t even go there. I think she is foul smelling because she has not showered in a while. She has no right to be upset about anything she got more than she deserved and she even had the hide to not be thankful. However, maybe the comment "plus I just had one today" made her think you do have casual encounter with some and she may have felt and wondered why not her. She may have thought she isn't good enough for a shag with you, so I guess she might have felt rejected in that way. If she was drunk, she may not have even known that she said “how about a root then". Were you lying or trying to get out of a root with her when you said “plus I just had one today"? Sorry, I don’t want to cause offense or be rude.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

what daz shouldve said mr scania will get you to brisse in one of his nice coaches haha :roll: :lol:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Daz

Post by Daz »

Hmm now Mrs Daz would certainly not approve of sharing certain details. My Mum created an account just to check up on me, I'm quite sure Mrs Daz would not be below starting a username herself to keep an ear to the ground.

Besides, I'm not a casual encounters kinda guy.

And at the end of the day, I'm pretty confident my knife is bigger than "Bertha"s.

I'm not Catholic. I only pray to God when I have serverely ballsed up and I'm positive the next person to talk to me will be St Peter. Or the next person to shake my hand will be the coroner as he's putting my various appendages in bags. You have mastered true diplomacy when you can tell someone to get stuffed, then have them apologise for you saying it.

Daz
meladramatic12

Post by meladramatic12 »

Daz, I must admit you did say that your not that way inclined to have casual encounters. So I trust you were making excuses and trying to tell Bertha indirectly, I am not interested. I just got the vibe "Bertha" was trouble to say the least. Hmmm, now I wonder if Mrs Daz would approve of your profile picture, hahaha!!!
I must say however, that it seems that most men these days would be quite happy to have a causal encounter with a complete stranger.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

That might Mrs Daz in Daz profile picture. :mrgreen:
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Daz

Post by Daz »

Mr Daz would love to paint Mrs Daz's boobs with an Australian flag, but so far attempts have been fruitless.

Daz
coachscania
Favourite Vehicle: Lots - but mainly Scania's

Post by coachscania »

I remember a few years back while on a express service to Townsville, seeing a truckie pick a backpacker up after thumbing a ride.! She didn't get the lift she was after, her backpack & herself was being given the hev- hoe just Sth of Townsville.! It looked liked the truckie required payment for transportation, but maybe the poor backpacker must of misunderstood 'what the payment was surposed to be'!! :lol:

Their's only a handful of truckstops , we use as mealstops on our express service. Their's only one servo I will mention that the toilet's are not fit for humans! The showers & toilets for the truckies are not much better.
eddy

Post by eddy »

I would not recommend any girl hitchike on trucks because i have heard a few nasty drivers on channel 40
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

As a truck off-sider for a major transport and removals company, I am sent off to many places around Tasmania. - We don't have time to get all excited over silly sexual magazines and play with "toys" in the truck - We are focused on moving someone from A > B.

On a special occasion for a trip up North the boys and I will have a few "dirty jokes" and look at women, may be even read a "sexual magazine" but masturbating is not worth it, getting all worked up over photos!
Some truck stops have showers and some don't usually you will meet a lot of other truckies and off-siders there but hell! I have never come across a "sex worker" Usually an old couple own a roadhouse where you fill up, toilet and grab a bite to eat.
STRICTLY NO SEX
Scania Trucks & Buses. Celebrate 100 years.
Daz

Post by Daz »

I can reliably say the Shell at West Wyalong and the Caltex at Coolongolook don't have these same restrictions. It's also going to be pretty weird and gay pulling your willy whilst another man is driving your truck.

Daz
Mr Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

and the band played Waltzing Matilda.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Also as a truck off-sider (well, an off-sider for basically anything) I can say that in the truck, nothing dirty at all. You don't get much time when driving a 60 ton truck that had to be out from A to B and back in a day (legal truck driving hours are 17 hours in WA).

In my time I've never come across a sex worker yet. (I still have a few years left!)

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Daz wrote:I can reliably say the Shell at West Wyalong and
Copy that. Been there lots of times and whilst could have had more, just walked out with a semi-cold Chiko.
Job done.
dominodc122
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with a Detroit

Post by dominodc122 »

Mills and Boon this 'aint' ! :lol: Daz...after reading this lot...I have just got a whole new appreciation for you Matey 8) OMG...the things you read on ATDB (dont know why I never saw this thread before...not enough time spent in The Lunch Room...OBVIOUSLY :shock: ...anyway...(isn't it great to be 21 and innocent again...I am getting fcukn old :roll: )

"Driving Trucks and Coaches and (no) nookie" (I was contemplating on putting this on 'Stories From Behind the Wheel'...but thought it was a touch 'fresh') ...anyway...here looks to be the thread for it :roll:

(NB. this is not a story or urban legend !)

I had a 2 up driver on several return Melbourne runs nick named 'Rat'...now Rat wasn't much to look at... 25 years old, he wore lace up Army issue leather boots (which take quite a while to remove...can you see where this is going!?) and was a skinny weed of a bloke with short back and sides military style haircut and a bushy moustache (and a minor ginga to boot) with a deep gruff voice (in fact he looked the total opposite of an interstate Coach driver, save for the drivers uniform ...with Army boots!?) anyway... I got Rat at the changeover at Narrandera one night where I swapped with him for the drive on the Narrandera - Dubbo leg.

Now I still to this day don't know how he managed to pull women, as I said, he was a weedy "not a lot to him" type...but buggar me if he couldn't pull a rabbit out of the hat and get the best looking female on any coach trip interested in him ...that said, I'm at the wheel at about 10:30 at night, heading north with Rat in the bunk behind me (Scania K113 Apollo SuperDecker...bunk downstairs behind the driver) when this gorgeous young lady jiggles down the stairs and asks me "excuse me, but where is the other driver"...I explain that he is asleep in the bunk behind me! Suddenly Rat pipes up "I'm not asleep!!!" and he pokes his head out from behind the bunk curtain...there is a quick 20 second discussion...and then this young nymph disappears into the bunk with him. Now all I can say is that I had to turn the drivers cockpit stereo speakers up REALLY LOUD to dampen the noise which lasted for about 10 minutes and pray like hell nobody came down the stairs :shock: ...there was about another 10 minute lull and then this young lady reappears looking somewhat pleased with herself (and slightly rearranged) and flashes me a smile as she departs. Rat pokes his head out from the curtain shortly thereafter and says" are we all good here Chrisso". Well I'm trying to hold my composure (and steer the bloody coach) and tell him "she's all good mate" when buggar me, another young lady (equally attractive and dressed to the nines) appears at the bottom of the stairs as well!? (about now I thinking 'no bloody way'!??) well...YES WAY!. (It turns out that 'Rat the randy' (as he was known in MELB), had chatted up these 2 honeypots on the first leg of the night drive out of MELB central and had told them to 'wonder on down' after the change over with me (my instinctive first reaction on witnessing all of this carry on was understandably ..." RAT ...YOU BASTARD!!" ..."how dare you put me on the spot like this" (but then some primeval 25 year old inkling in me thought out loud in my head "you lucky...lucky...lucky...grubby little fecky") So alls good until we get to Dubbo, and it is a 3/4 hour meal stop and my rest break and time for me to be in the bunk (oh goody :roll: ). Now I thought Rat was still asleep in the bunk as he hadn't popped his head out the door for a feed or a dash to the dunny (which was normal form for him, so 10 minutes before departure time I wonder out to the truck, I got to within 10 metres of it...and the Bastard is at it again!!! (I unfortunately still to this day, have this lasting vision of 2 Army boot clad feet, with blue issue coach drivers trousers wrapped around them, sticking out from under the bunk curtains and a loud ruckus issuing from within the the cockpit when I peered through the windscreen...OMG!!...a vision I hope to never see ever again :shock: :roll: :lol:

So to answer your question meladramatic12 ...I have definitely witnessed such events...albeit unwitting and unwillingly!
nbus
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE [Volgren]

Post by nbus »

All I am going to say is did the boss find out dominodc122.
:o :lol:
coachscania
Favourite Vehicle: Lots - but mainly Scania's

Post by coachscania »

dominodc122 wrote:Mills and Boon this 'aint' ! :lol: Daz...after reading this lot...I have just got a whole new appreciation for you Matey 8) OMG...the things you read on ATDB (dont know why I never saw this thread before...not enough time spent in The Lunch Room...OBVIOUSLY :shock: ...anyway...(isn't it great to be 21 and innocent again...I am getting fcukn old :roll: )

"Driving Trucks and Coaches and (no) nookie" (I was contemplating on putting this on 'Stories From Behind the Wheel'...but thought it was a touch 'fresh') ...anyway...here looks to be the thread for it :roll:

(NB. this is not a story or urban legend !)

I had a 2 up driver on several return Melbourne runs nick named 'Rat'...now Rat wasn't much to look at... 25 years old, he wore lace up Army issue leather boots (which take quite a while to remove...can you see where this is going!?) and was a skinny weed of a bloke with short back and sides military style haircut and a bushy moustache (and a minor ginga to boot) with a deep gruff voice (in fact he looked the total opposite of an interstate Coach driver, save for the drivers uniform ...with Army boots!?) anyway... I got Rat at the changeover at Narrandera one night where I swapped with him for the drive on the Narrandera - Dubbo leg.

Now I still to this day don't know how he managed to pull women, as I said, he was a weedy "not a lot to him" type...but buggar me if he couldn't pull a rabbit out of the hat and get the best looking female on any coach trip interested in him ...that said, I'm at the wheel at about 10:30 at night, heading north with Rat in the bunk behind me (Scania K113 Apollo SuperDecker...bunk downstairs behind the driver) when this gorgeous young lady jiggles down the stairs and asks me "excuse me, but where is the other driver"...I explain that he is asleep in the bunk behind me! Suddenly Rat pipes up "I'm not asleep!!!" and he pokes his head out from behind the bunk curtain...there is a quick 20 second discussion...and then this young nymph disappears into the bunk with him. Now all I can say is that I had to turn the drivers cockpit stereo speakers up REALLY LOUD to dampen the noise which lasted for about 10 minutes and pray like hell nobody came down the stairs :shock: ...there was about another 10 minute lull and then this young lady reappears looking somewhat pleased with herself (and slightly rearranged) and flashes me a smile as she departs. Rat pokes his head out from the curtain shortly thereafter and says" are we all good here Chrisso". Well I'm trying to hold my composure (and steer the bloody coach) and tell him "she's all good mate" when buggar me, another young lady (equally attractive and dressed to the nines) appears at the bottom of the stairs as well!? (about now I thinking 'no bloody way'!??) well...YES WAY!. (It turns out that 'Rat the randy' (as he was known in MELB), had chatted up these 2 honeypots on the first leg of the night drive out of MELB central and had told them to 'wonder on down' after the change over with me (my instinctive first reaction on witnessing all of this carry on was understandably ..." RAT ...YOU BASTARD!!" ..."how dare you put me on the spot like this" (but then some primeval 25 year old inkling in me thought out loud in my head "you lucky...lucky...lucky...grubby little fecky") So alls good until we get to Dubbo, and it is a 3/4 hour meal stop and my rest break and time for me to be in the bunk (oh goody :roll: ). Now I thought Rat was still asleep in the bunk as he hadn't popped his head out the door for a feed or a dash to the dunny (which was normal form for him, so 10 minutes before departure time I wonder out to the truck, I got to within 10 metres of it...and the Bastard is at it again!!! (I unfortunately still to this day, have this lasting vision of 2 Army boot clad feet, with blue issue coach drivers trousers wrapped around them, sticking out from under the bunk curtains and a loud ruckus issuing from within the the cockpit when I peered through the windscreen...OMG!!...a vision I hope to never see ever again :shock: :roll: :lol:

So to answer your question meladramatic12 ...I have definitely witnessed such events...albeit unwitting and unwillingly!

Luv it... It"s a beauty this one !!
eddy

Post by eddy »

Hope no one went home with an STD
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

They would have caught it long distance .....
dominodc122
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with a Detroit

Post by dominodc122 »

nbus wrote:All I am going to say is did the boss find out dominodc122.
:o :lol:
All I can say is ...what goes on the job...stays on the job...(and Rat was ...'on the job' :shock: :D :lol: )

Return to “The Lunch Room”