• Advertisement

The Random Admet Question Thread

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion

Re: The Random Admet Question Thread

Postby mmosca447 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 am

TA3001 wrote:Just wondering, are all 72_ (South Rd) services officially starting from stop B1 just south of North Tce, now that A1 seems to be closed?

If this is the case, why haven't the timetables been updated to reflect this?

From my observation, 72_ buses still sit where A1 was without picking up any pax, then they proceed to B1 and start their journey as normal. This may not always be the case though
mmosca447

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Postby Skexis » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 am

TA3001 wrote:Just wondering, are all 72_ (South Rd) services officially starting from stop B1 just south of North Tce, now that A1 seems to be closed? If this is the case, why haven't the timetables been updated to reflect this?

Yes. Timetables have not been updated as it's only a temporary thing until the tramline works in KWR are finished (or at least that's what we've been told) whereupon A1 will come back into regular service. Stop AA near Victoria Drive has been permanently closed although some drivers still drop off at it.
Skexis

Postby Diesel_MAN » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 pm

mmosca447 wrote:
TA3001 wrote:Just wondering, are all 72_ (South Rd) services officially starting from stop B1 just south of North Tce, now that A1 seems to be closed?

If this is the case, why haven't the timetables been updated to reflect this?

From my observation, 72_ buses still sit where A1 was without picking up any pax, then they proceed to B1 and start their journey as normal. This may not always be the case though

I've observed the same. Buses will now sometimes turn right onto King William Road from North Terrace coming from the west, so you won't find every 719-723 bus laying over.at Stop A1 in the peak hours.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
Diesel_MAN

Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Postby Eurostar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Was Morialta Road in Smithfield meant to be a main road, and was it meant to connect with road on other side of army depot land.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Eurostar

Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Postby bigrobbo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm

With the development of Live West at West Lakes, should the B10 be rerouted down Brebner Drive? Gives alternate bus access to these residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigrobbo

Postby TA3001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 pm

In regards to the comment above, I also think that the current H30 should be rerouted along Military Rd with it running at least hourly, with Sportsman's Dr served hourly. It would provide some alternative transport to those who reside adjacent to Military Rd between Frederick Rd and West Lakes Boulevard.

Having no service along there at all after hours is disgraceful, and I would hate to be living on the western side of Military Rd in this vicinity without a car. Few passengers use the current B12 in this portion, and it wouldn't be completely unrelated to the fact that some may possibly be unaware of any existing PT options along this section of Rd.

The cost would be minimal, and the 288s could also run at night hourly to serve Tapleys Hill Rd between Trimmer Parade and Grange Rd in lieu of 287s running half hourly. It would sort of account for the aforementioned reduction of H30 services along Sportsman's Dr.
TA3001

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Adelaide / SA