What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Excuse us, HE won the X-Factor???

Edit: Don't tell me he's worse than Bieber.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Beeping noise inside the car as I put the keys into the slot to 2nd phase.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Bus drivers flooring an interesting vehicle and then backing off for absolutely no reason at all.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

1636 being driven at a max of 35-40 kph as usual.
ben73

Post by ben73 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:And later a delivery van came. He had to reverse up the one way mall, as he couldn't get through due to that car. Just because you have a disabled permit on your car, doesn't give you a right to park anyway, & block traffic. Suppose he or she will "run" to the media now & whinge that they are disabled & may have got a ticket if he/she did a ticket.
Whoever made the parking in that mall is as stupid as the driver of that car.
Towards the end of the mall all the parking bays are on the right side, then for no reason there is one on the left side. That means there is room for 2 less parking bays for no reason as far as I can see.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-32.926 ... 312!8i6656

Why is there a single parking bay on the left where the Vitara is parked?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit
scott

Post by scott »

Stupid young hooligans, in a massive brawl at McDonalds in Tarneit (Vic), I hope the police are tough on them.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Big Bash league prime time games played on One. They don't have games on Ten Hd in Perth!
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

1. Getting back at 4:55, checking eBay and of course ending up with multiple things to drop off at the post office which is ten minutes away and in the middle of Eastland Shopping Centre. Why can't Coles take over Australia Post? At least they're open 7AM to midnight instead of stupid 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and a couple of hours on Saturday if lucky. Eastland has been open late (9PM or so) for half of December, sans the banks and of course the post office which are in complete darkness at 5:01PM. WTF? No wonder the Australian Postal Corporation is broke when no-one can do any business with them. Ahmed Fahour should rename his(?) parcels business and drop Australia Post like a ton of bricks before he gets dragged down with the ship.

2. Seeing the "laid back" casual atmosphere of the courtroom in Judge Judy or even 1990s Law and Order, and then seeing an Australian courtroom which looks straight out of the 1700s, stupid-looking wigs and all.

3. Speaking of McDonald's, WTF is with all of the 24 hour ones closing down or becoming drive-thru only?

4. Still remaining stuck in the city on weeknights with absolutely no proper way to get back because of our fusking government won't take a hint that at least minimal public transport is needed on other nights besides Fridays and Saturdays.

5. Seeing the Corruption Perceptions Index on Wikipedia and watching Australia plummet year after year. 2043: G'day Nigeria!

6. Religious extremist fuskheads. You seriously want to attack Germany of all countries? Guess which people skipped history class, specifically the 1930s and 1940s. Ironically the video of the IS idiot yelling his head off on the 7.30 Report tonight actually resembled an Islamic version of Hitler.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Heihachi_73 wrote: 2. Seeing the "laid back" casual atmosphere of the courtroom in Judge Judy or even 1990s Law and Order, and then seeing an Australian courtroom which looks straight out of the 1700s, stupid-looking wigs and all.
Judge Judy isn't an actual courtroom, it's a TV set. The cases are merely small claims arbitration.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

So is Law and Order. :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Heihachi_73 wrote:

5. Seeing the Corruption Perceptions Index on Wikipedia and watching Australia plummet year after year. 2043: G'day Nigeria!
Disappointing but not surprising. Just look at Sydney's local councils, particularly ones that comprise mainly of counsellors with names from a non English speaking background.
Australia is steeped in tradition of graft and jobs for the boys mentality among other traits.
No one wants to acknowledge that it is chronic behind closed doors.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Heihachi_73 wrote:So is Law and Order. :)
No Law and Order was more fictitious.
Living in the Shire.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Heihachi_73 wrote: 3. Speaking of McDonald's, WTF is with all of the 24 hour ones closing down or becoming drive-thru only?
I am currently employed my MacDonalds. We shut the dining area at 12am, and then become drive through only. The dining area reopens at either 5 or 6am. Th main reason for this is safety; with no security guards, and anyone being able to walk in, it would become an unsafe environment. Some City stores do employ a security guard (or more than one), but with few people even going to Maccas between 12-5/6, it isn't viable at all stores, especially suburban ones.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Swift

Post by Swift »

It does discriminate against those without a car, unless they lift the rules on pedestrian use during those hours.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

What you said is practically the same thing the manager said at Ringwood, by the sounds of it they might be doing that all over the country. The 24hr Maccas was convenient (a 10 minute walk) for me since I don't have a car, and yes, the thing that gives me the "S&#Ts" more than anything is that they absolutely refuse to serve people who are not in a car at the drive thru window, even if you are the only person there. Yeah, I might just get a taxi and have them drive me through there for ten minutes for only $30!!! I'm a bit shocked that Nunawading also started closing at night though, as that one has been 24 hours since forever. It just means I have to walk 1.5ks to the Hungry Jack's/Shell/Coles Express servo opposite Daiseys/Castello's just to get something to eat until they decide to stop that out of the blue as well. I won't just blame McDonald's for the drive thru=car required rule, Hungry Jack's does the same thing (Heatherdale aka Hungry Jack's Ringwood, the exact same name as the one at the servo on the other side of the suburb, trialled 24 hours until McDonald's opened, then they gave up since they weren't getting anyone and made it drive thru only).

Another thing that gives me the "S&#Ts" about Maccas is how they do not serve regular meals before 10:30AM, yet they can do breakfast meals all day long, which also forces me to take the trip to HJs just to get a burger as opposed to hotcakes or McMuffins (I usually get back at 11-midnight unless I can't get the last train from the city, then I'm stuck in the city for half the night and get back at 6AM since there is no public transport after midnight as you would expect - still taking baby steps with the Night Network trial over here in Melbourne, ironically on the only two nights that I'm not in the city). I suppose when you do nights instead of 9-5 it's expected though. Dinner for breakfast and breakfast when going to bed. :lol:
Lt. Commander Data

Not all breakfast meals are available all day long - only McMuffins and Hotcakes. Tomato Relish Rolls and the like are stopped at 10:30. As for not serving regular meals before 10:30, it's just as well really, because of the way the kitchen is set up there would be nowhere to store the meat for the burgers, meaning up to a 5min wait on just the meat. As an employee, I can't stand working breakfasts, so my availability starts at 11am.

That does seem a bit unfair with the drive-thru only. But policy is policy, remember most McDoanlds stores are franchises and any policy broken will give the store an ad light, something which the owners really don't want.

If anyone has anymore questions about anything McDonalds related, ask away and I'll retry my best to answer.
Lt. Commander Data

Giving me the Sh!ts today is getting bus 3269 on an outbound 861, then the return on a bus I call Fanny because of its fan issues. It is otherwise known as 3231. What a horrible change, the best bus in the Hills to the worst.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The Religious Dictatorship of Australia wins again, by forcing most businesses to close (or to open late/close early) on Christmas Day and costing the country a billion dollars nationwide, instead of simply making the day work-optional, "come in if you have nothing else to do." Get with the times, Australia (or Victoria at least), the country (Aboriginal/indigenous people aside) isn't comprised entirely of white Christians anymore.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

in a city the size of TOWNSVILLE in QLD .................the local charity clubs do now not sell LIVE Christmas trees as not to offend.......................whats next NO easter eggs .......................MOTHERDAY /FATHERS DAY if it offends you get back on your boats or better still F******************************OFF! IF I went to your country i'd have to obey YOUR laws all those vetrans men & women who gave their lives must be spinning in their graves1 :evil: :twisted: :shock:...............AUSTRALIA is the lucky country as long as your not AUSTRALIAN & this is coming from a a little spick/dago/ wog/ new Australian who came with his mother in 1945 to a new country & who also went to war in 1965 to fight for it! :roll:...................first time in my 71 years didn't have a LIVE Christmas tree!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Please think of the poor tree-hugging hippies from the 60s. After all, when they're not hugging trees, they are smoking them instead, hypocrites! :)

Didn't even bother with the (plastic) tree this year, had the lights strung up around the house though. eBay is Christmas all year round - well, except when Australia Post doesn't deliver, which seems to happen a lot around here (kudos to the posties who actually do their job though, you are the only reason I haven't given up on eBay).

I found out from someone that Centrelink will also have a day off on Wednesday for five closed days in a row, despite not being a public holiday on that day (28th). Good thing I don't have to stuff around with that lot (not that many people do anyway, since most things can be done online instead). I wonder what a letter to the federal government about that would do to Centrelink.
Swift

Post by Swift »

BRITISH backpacker scum coming along and leaving their mess on Coogee beach Christmas day. Congratulations on bringing disgrace upon your collective selves!
We know you are insanely jealous of how good we have made it here, but that doesn't give you the right to treat our home like your toilet. You are guests here and you will damn well behave that way or go back to your shitty run down housing estates where it always rains if you have that little respect for us. :!:
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Bostik wrote:
Simes wrote:Seeing Christmas decorations go up at the end of October
Seeing Christmas decorations going up in the middle of August!
Don't worry Easter eggs will replace them next week if not already.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

When supermarkets decided to put Easter Eggs on sale after Xmas
Lt. Commander Data

Shoudy Chen wrote:When supermarkets decided to put Easter Eggs on sale after Xmas
Mate, that's nothing. Try loosing power for 48+ hours for the second time in 3 months - that gives the me the shits. Worse this time because there's no phone reception at my house either, I have to walk to the end of my road before getting any.

My thoughts are with people who have suffered any real damage as well - we are lucky at my place for not surrfering any real damage. My two neighbours were not so lucky, one loosing their rainwater tanks and the other access to their driveway.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Feeling like I've upset a forum member, simply due to a train running late.

Return to “The Lunch Room”