What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Same production company behind MKR, RR & ZJD. Seven operate in a very base and unsophisticated manner toward viewers by rampant repetition of ads with bright graphics and loud jingles designed to stay in your head like a disease and a great bulk of non thinking Aussies lap it up. The process repeats.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
scott

Post by scott »

House Rules is also made by the same production house.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is the most disgusting show on TV. Too much arguments and antics.
But this show will come back in 2017.
The Project - used to be good back in the days with Charlie, Dave and Carrie. But the show has gone stale with a lot of dribble coming from some of the presenters. I'm not a fan of Waleed and Pete but they are on too often. But Steve Price gave me the S****ts interrupts a lot towards people. Instead, I watch other things.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Parents that just let their little ones walk anywhere they like because their phone or something else is more important to them.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Shoudy Chen wrote:I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is the most disgusting show on TV. Too much arguments and antics.
Don't watch it then. Simples!

• Another motorist parked in the bus zone - yet again.
• Opal saying I didn't tap off, when I did.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Low grade humans that stole three baby marmosets from a private zoo. Animals are not like stealing a mobile phone. Makes me sick with disgust and I hope the police who caught those two "men" wit one of them, can strongly coerce them to reveal the whereabouts of the other two, even if they have to employ "unethical" means to do so.
Newcastle Flyer

Swift wrote:Low grade humans that stole three baby marmosets from a private zoo.
You would call those thieves human??

And the REAL animals are . . .
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

I know which primates have a bigger brain.
Newcastle Flyer

I think you mean I know which primates HAVE a brain.

• Now where's that ouuuuUUUch smiley? (Oh, their is none!)
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Photos of folks with their tongue showing through their lips! I can't ******* stand it! It annoys the hell out of me, even more than a Newton driver doing 35 kph on an open road when running 8-12 minutes late.
Newcastle Flyer

Bloomin' flies
White lives matter too.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Same as Shoudy; sick off all the drivel on the TV these days, so generally avoid watching it.
All the same rubbish with a new sob-story over and over. Talkshows are just soapboxes for washed up commentators who think they're experts (count how many times you hear, "Oh, I agree with you, but...."). Let's not touch Daytime TV, that's been a joke for a long time anyway.

It is genuinely at the point where the endless re-runs of M*A*S*H* and the occasional Star Trek episode are they only good things to watch.
Will stick to episodes of "Keeping Up Appearances" and "On the Buses," thanks :) I have "standards" to maintain - somebody important may be watching!

(While I'm here)
Perth drivers. Need I say more?

"Your scientists were so pre-occupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think whether they should."
Sums up a lot of our so-called technological "progress" at present.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Seeing this on an AdMet bus
1910_Intr.jpg
1910_Intr.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 6569 times
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The rubbish? The dirty floor? The line? The mind your step sticker?
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Or just the fact it's a CB80?
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The floor. This buildup or rubbish didn't seem like it was from that morning I saw it on. It's like having expired food/whatever it was sitting the frame for months, which was the case with 440.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Merc1107 wrote:Same as Shoudy; sick off all the drivel on the TV these days, so generally avoid watching it.
All the same rubbish with a new sob-story over and over. Talkshows are just soapboxes for washed up commentators who think they're experts (count how many times you hear, "Oh, I agree with you, but...."). Let's not touch Daytime TV, that's been a joke for a long time anyway.

It is genuinely at the point where the endless re-runs of M*A*S*H* and the occasional Star Trek episode are they only good things to watch.
Will stick to episodes of "Keeping Up Appearances" and "On the Buses," thanks :) I have "standards" to maintain - somebody important may be watching!

(While I'm here)
Perth drivers. Need I say more?

"Your scientists were so pre-occupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think whether they should."
Sums up a lot of our so-called technological "progress" at present.
A Current Affair - I know that Current affair show has been on Nine for nearly 29 years with a few presenters being hosted. Some of the stories that the presenters read can be disturbing. The use of hooning, fraud, bad supermarkets and drugs are so overused and I am sick and tired of this crap. There was a petition from Change.org that wanted Channel 9 to cancel A Current Affair. This is absolute bogan type of stuff.
Today Tonight - gone from eastern states but kept the bulletins in Adelaide and Perth. These stories have too much bias in it. I used to watch it but now I don't have the passion anymore.

Why do we have Family Feud on 6x per week + morning as well as All Star Family Feud on during one week? I used to see these episodes but now, it's too much overkill especially with the simulcasting on 1 and 11. Denyer is not a bad host, but the dribble coming from him talking to the contestants during Rounds 1-4 is very long. It's a shame that I change channels and watch Nine News Instead.
The Chase Australia - I know that Andrew O'Keefe has a lot of chemistry on Game Shows on Channel 7, however his behaviour is ballistic. His laugh and voice annoy the f*** out of me. The use of strange Italian, French and German accents is just very tripe.
Newcastle Flyer

And later a delivery van came. He had to reverse up the one way mall, as he couldn't get through due to that car. Just because you have a disabled permit on your car, doesn't give you a right to park anyway, & block traffic. Suppose he or she will "run" to the media now & whinge that they are disabled & may have got a ticket if he/she did a ticket.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

Emu Plains - A fly capital!
White lives matter too.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Emu Plains - A fly capital!
Are you talking about the insect or the bird (an Emu is technically a bird)?
scott

Post by scott »

This morning while I was walking the dog, I saw a car that I thought was someone I knew in my neighbourhood(who I have known for some years and have a nice gold AUIII Fairmont), so I waved, the car then pulled up, and I was prepared to have a chat only to find it was in fact someone else, and they yelled "we don't know you, so don't wave at us", then the young guy behind the wheel gave me the bird and drove off, only realised the rego was different when they drove off.

What has happened to our sense of community?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Did he even give you a chance to explain that you mistook his car for someone you knew?
Sounds like a class act.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Getting a 2016 built CB80 to head back!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Channel Nine showing cricket during prime time.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Swift wrote:Channel Nine showing cricket during prime time.
That's because there is a day night test at the Gabba between Australia and Pakistan

Return to “The Lunch Room”