Burning Tourmaster ?

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
rustbucket

Burning Tourmaster ?

Post by rustbucket »

Anyone see on the channel 9 Brisbane news last night that a guy with what looked like a Tourmaster decided to take it for a run (unregistered) after it was sitting for 2 years

Seems the vertical stack hole was filled with leaves, so you can guess what happened a bit down the track, silly bugger had no red fire bottle by the look of it.

Muttering about buying another one, but it was only one rear corner above the floor line, rear caps are still available but expensive. Guess he was upset at the time ?

William
bagmaker

Re: Burning Tourmaster ?

Post by bagmaker »

the overhead shots seem to show a bit more along the off side?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/0 ... scape-fire
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

Hello Baggie,
Wrong one, this is the one I was talking about
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/0 ... n-berrinba
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Jeepers these things just catch fire at the drop of a hat :D
Mebbe its that Queensland heat.

Bit sad for the fellow, great he is safe and no-one hurt but a fair lesson for us all, keep your hot bits clean.
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

To be honest I can't feel that sorry for him. He took it for a burl, unregistered, uninsured, with what seems like zero preparation and no idea of what was involved. If he has had it for 5 years already and hasn't made a start on the conversion I would say here is one that will be sold as an unfinished project, if he ever starts on it.
As far as saying "I guess I will just have to buy another one", why not just fix what he has, a bit of burnt stuff is no biggie when you compare it to some of the stuff some of us have been faced with in our own conversions.

Public perception of motorhomers, bus converters etc just took another hit from this guy as far as I am concerned.

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”