Cavanaghs Mack

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
sydfox22
Favourite Vehicle: landseer

Cavanaghs Mack

Post by sydfox22 »

She finally sold on ebay old 4215 MO just gave her a roadworthy and clean up today before she goes.
Attachments
photo (300x221).jpg
photo (300x221).jpg (68.32 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Cavanaghs Mack

Post by boronia »

Don't tell him, but it is a RENAULT.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Where's it headed and for what purpose?
sydfox22

Post by sydfox22 »

Headed to the gold coast for mobile home or shed I think he said. sold for $2200 as well as old 4230 MO 0305 Ansair $2200 Left yesterday for Brisbane mobile home.
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

So after numerous contact over the years from enthusiasts in Perth and Canberra wanting to purchase this one of a kind vehicle for preservation, this is how it was sold?

A piece of history lost, and a missed opportunity to Cavanaughs - they could have made a lot more than a measly $2200 from it had the enthusiast community been aware that it was finally up for sale.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

That's really quite disappointing.
Last edited by Busnerd on Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.actbus.net | Get On Board
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

if its only recentlly sold ask them who bought it,most ppl when buying a bus don't start ripping the insides out for a while, you could make them a offer and maybe buy them a ex sta sydney mk4/5 merc in its place you can only try and it may not be lost just yet! :shock:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

I would like to but if it sold on ebay then only the person who sold it would know who bought it. Plus I can't find the ended auction listing anywhere anyway :(
www.actbus.net | Get On Board
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Ryan wrote:So after numerous contact over the years from enthusiasts in Perth and Canberra wanting to purchase this one of a kind vehicle for preservation, this is how it was sold?

A piece of history lost, and a missed opportunity to Cavanaughs - they could have made a lot more than a measly $2200 from it had the enthusiast community been aware that it was finally up for sale.
They should have let enthusiasts buy this vehicle-or even donated it to them-shame they didn't realise the importance of this vehicle as it predates and gave out an idea for every single PR100 built for the MTT/Transperth and ACTION.

Hopefully this fiasco won't be repeated once Transperth decides to retire or sell its demo PR100.3, as that is a one of a kind vehicle as well. That or the PR100.3a buses operated by ACTION and demonstrated by Mack Trucks to several operators as well.

If I was the owner of this bus (just making a point here), I would have sold it to the first enthusiast who offered to buy it.
captainch

Post by captainch »

may be you can't find it on e bay ........................as it was sold direct from the depot have you thought about calling them and asking nicelly but if they read your coments they might tell you were to go if a bus company wants to sell a bus they DO NOT have to check with this page first! :oops: :roll: same if I WANTED TO PRESERVE A BUS and painted in any colour but the orignal one its my money that bought it I can do what I like! :roll: :wink:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
m/o 6234
Favourite Vehicle: Scania/MAN A69

Post by m/o 6234 »

May I ask what makes this bus so unique?
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

Merc 248, this link may answer your question: http://actbus.net/featured-bus-december-2010/
captainch wrote:may be you can't find it on e bay ........................as it was sold direct from the depot have you thought about calling them and asking nicelly but if they read your coments they might tell you were to go if a bus company wants to sell a bus they DO NOT have to check with this page first! :oops: :roll: same if I WANTED TO PRESERVE A BUS and painted in any colour but the orignal one its my money that bought it I can do what I like! :roll: :wink:
Every comment in this thread with the exception of yours was quite measured in its criticism of the situation. I'm not quite sure why you felt it was necessary to have a go at the members in here who expressed a particular interest in this vehicle.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
LB608

Post by LB608 »

It has been for sale since 7/8/10,why the fuss?
captainch

Post by captainch »

Quite sad when a family owned bus company doesn't even care about enthusiasts or rare transport history to make a quick buck.[/quote]

i'm just stating what was written here.......................................these comments about a bus company are not flatering if I owned the bus ITS MY BUS i'll sell it to ever gives me the money i'm asking and wouldn't be told who and what I WISH TO DO! :evil: BUS ENTHUSIASTS OR NOT and you wonder why some bus owners do not like bus enthusiasts! :oops: :roll: with comments like that!
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Well bagging the Cavanagh's name and reputation on a public forum isn't going to solve anything. All it'll do is sour future relations between enthusiasts and the operator, so I'd urge a few people to retract their comments before it goes any further.

You'd be very surprised who actually reads the 'Forum'.
captainch

Post by captainch »

THANK YOU.................that was the point I tried to get over and was BAGGED for it! :evil: i'd retract the statement about the bus operator! :oops: :roll:
sydfox22

Post by sydfox22 »

Okay after all that dummy spitting the bloke who was supposed to of bought it has never showed up so if you want to buy it inbox me.
sydfox22

Post by sydfox22 »

Bus has been sold to a enthusiust
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Fantastic. I'm glad all the rubbish that played out here and elsewhere didn't put you off.
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Well done! :wink:

Despite its short stay in Perth, this vehicle is very significant as it resulted in two large orders for Renaults being placed by Transperth in quick succession. Further orders saw over 300 of the marque in the fleet. Nearly 30 years on, just under two-thirds of these are still in service.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Well let us know if its going to be put back into MTT Perth or ACTION livery as it will interesting to see it restored.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
R-C

Post by R-C »

Yes the bus has been purchased.
Bus will be repainted in Action Colours as delivered.
Glad to see 674 & 675 saved
captainch

Post by captainch »

would've been nice to apolize to the bus company you people who slanded them is it any wonder some bus companys avoid us.. :evil:

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”