15000 photos in photo gallery

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

15000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

This morning this photo from Denair became the 5000th photo in the photo gallery http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-5940

As this has serial number 5940 we have list a few on the way mostly on purpose photos which were not good enough but unfortunately also some lost in the crash a couple of years ago.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: 7000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

This morning a Venturatiger photo made it as photo number 7000 http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-7986
Living in the Shire.
Hornibrook

Re: 7000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Hornibrook »

Fleet Lists wrote:This morning a Venturatiger photo made it as photo number 7000 http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-7986
You've done a great job with it Lourie!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: 10000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

Congratulations to MAN 16.242 who posted two photos to the photo gallery last night with the second of those being no 10,000.

I would love to hear from members who would like to have their photos included in the photo gallery. A number of members whose photos I have included seem to have stopped posting so now I am quite often relying on old photos for my daily upload.

Photos which are moved to the photo gallery are much easier to find than those which are attached to posts.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As mentioned in another post, there are these days very few new photos posted on the board, with most photos now being posted on Facebook or other media. When I started to work with the photo gallery four or five years ago there was an ample supply of new photos form which I could select to include in the photo gallery but such supply has now virtually dried up. So far this month there have been no new photos posted by users from whom I can use photos with only a very small number included in the photos for March so far - all received by email.

I am still adding about 6 photos a day but they are mainly older photos from various users from years such as 2007 and 2011 and archived photos from Leon Batman - photos which at least in the photo gallery can be referenced more easily that hidden away on this board.

But the question is starting to arise as to whether it is worth while continuing to do this. Unless I get some positive reaction I may discontinue to do this in near future - possibly from the time I go away on holidays for a while in April.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
I am still adding about 6 photos a day but they are mainly older photos from various users from years such as 2007 and 2011 and archived photos from Leon Batman - photos which at least in the photo gallery can be referenced more easily that hidden away on this board.
I just do not seem to be able to load any more of the Batman archived photos - both on my PC and tablet I get "Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt. which seems rather strange.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This morning this photo from Maurie Griffin became the 12000th photo in the photo gallery http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-13018
Unfortunately we are not getting many new photos these days with most of the photos now being added tend to be historic ones.
And I can access the Leon Batman ones again so some of his are again being added.
Living in the Shire.
Hornibrook

Re: 12000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Hornibrook »

12,000 is a fantastic accomplishment Lourie - well done and keep up the great work.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: 12000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

We now have 13507 photos in the photo gallery.
On average I try to add six photos from other people every day being it new or historic photos - currently mainly historic as I am not getting many current photos there days, and one of my own photos.

Today I finally caught up to the average after being away for three weeks in October/November, having added 8 photos each day since my return.

But I am likely to fall behind again as I am moving residence on 23rd March which will have me off the air for at least a few days. But in addition I am currently in dispute with Telstra about the moving of my phone as I am moving from a non NBN address to a new place which is NBN only and they appear to be not yet geared up to do that sort of thing. It is allright from non NBN to non NBN but not to NBN so I am still looking at alternatives if they do not come good - hopefully I wont be off the air for too long.

In addition I will be away for the first week in April off to Lightning Ridge so after that I will again be in catch up mode for a while. In fact Telstra has me currently not getting my phone back until after I get back from Lightning Ridge - nearly three weeks without a landline phone.So my mobile will get a bit more use.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: 15000 photos in photo gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

We have hit 15000 photos today.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have continued to add photos over the past year but am getting a bit desperate now.

The stopping of photobucket photos really looked as though it was going to slow things down as I had a lot of photos form Venturatiger and a smaller number from Winy Kong which could no longer be used.

Then the Firefox bypass of the problem looked good and I have included 10 old Venturatiger photos in the past week. But then this afternoon, the Firefox bypass no longer seems to be working and I have very few other photos now except for about 100 from Denair and some from Centralian but I think it would be a bit monotonous if I used say 6 Denair photos a day.

Any comments welcome and also other people who would let us use their photos in the gallery.

Tomorrow it looks like 4 Denair photos instead of the usual two.

Is it worth continuing?
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

We now have over 18000 photos but the time has come for me to retire from my daily upload of photos which I have been doing for about eight and a half years, since there were less than 1000 photos.

I will continue to upload some of my own photos as I did today.

If anyone sends me photos I will also continue to upload them.
Living in the Shire.
silver75

Post by silver75 »

thank you for all your efforts in uploading so many photos over such a long time. I enjoyed viewing the gallery every day over many years. Since the last upload nearly 6 months ago I have missed this daily viewing, the Facebook site helps fill the gap! Regards.

Return to “News & Administration”