Locked threads

News and comments about this board.
stajourneyman

Locked threads

Post by stajourneyman »

Can anyone explain why the 'bus smash in Gosford' thread was locked only an hour or so after being commenced this afternoon.

Apparently the driver was tragically killed in the accident.

Is this the reason why it was locked, ... and if so, why?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Re: Locked threads

Post by busrider »

Do you really think it's respectful to discuss such a thing on here? Friends and colleagues of the bus driver may well be on this board, and reading speculation from gunzels into the circumstances of this accident is probably the last thing they would like to do at this time. Any accident involving a bus or transport vehicle is a touchy subject on here at the best of the times, but with a fatality occurring (yes, the bus driver did pass away), I think there are certain sensitivities that should be observed at this time, out of respect for the driver's family, friends and colleagues. At this point I would like to add my condolences to the aforementioned family, friends and colleagues for this tragic event, and best wishes for a speedy recovery to the passengers and building resident/s who were also involved in this accident.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

I disagree with you.

Yes, it's tragic when anybody dies, particularly in an accident, however, I don't think that because it happens, we can't talk about it.

The media spends considerable time talking about deaths and injuries of people.

That doesn't necessarily represent any form of disrespect.

I see no problem discussing the details of the accident, including the company and vehicle involved, and, in due course even the name of the driver etc.

When it's all said and done, we seem to spend time on here recording the deaths of various industry identities.

What is the intention should an identity die in tragic circumstances ...shut down all discussion?

Of course, discussion should be kept respectful, but nontheless should be allowed.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Talking about this subjuct is touchè at the best of times, and when a person (whether it be the driver, a passenger or a pedestrian) is tragically killed, until we know all facts, the talk about it should be kept to an abousolte minimum. I'm sure when somebody you know dies, you don't want many people to know about it until all facts are known.

My condolences to the injured passengers, house owners and the family of the driver killed in the incident.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

PM sent to stajourneyman - discussed now closed.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”