Paper buses, trams and trains.

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Scania K230UBfan
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K230UB

Re: Paper buses, trams and trains.

Post by Scania K230UBfan »

I love your paper models. :D
Arceus2
Favourite Vehicle: TSA Metrobus Volvo B12BLE 2220

Post by Arceus2 »

Mungojerrie has uploaded a CityRail Goninan S Set Model (although he called it a 'Comeng')!

http://papertrolley.ucoz.ru/news/vagon_ ... -03-12-424

Thank you Mungojerrie for your work!

*Message to Mungojerrie: I would like to notify you that the train isn't a Comeng but a Goninan train.*
Sydney, home of STA and Sydney Trains (formerly CityRail).
Volvo Volgren

Post by Volvo Volgren »

I have a question for you Mungojerrie.

How do you make all these paper/cardboard models? They're magnificent! I print off hundreds of them, and I thought that if i new how to make them, I wouldn't be wasting paper when I should really be using it on other things.

P.S

When I say how do you make them, I mean how do you get each side of the bus/train/tram/plane and turn it into a fold-up bus/train/tram/plane that people online can print off and fold into a 3D model? :? :?: :) :wink:
Torrens Transit 1717

Post by Torrens Transit 1717 »

Hi to all out there

Im thoroughly enjoying making the models on here, Really impressed by the CB60 that Mungojerrie put together however im having problems trying to figure out whats heads or tails of the CB60.

Im aware that Mungojerrie said he was going to put as bus drivers call instructions, Cheat Sheets which would be a great help to me if i could get instructions.

I know your busy doing your own things so please dont go out of your way to fulfill my request.

Cheers Torrens Transit 1717.
Volvo Volgren

Post by Volvo Volgren »

I've printed out tonnes of your models Mungojerrie! I just can't get enough of them! I love em!
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

I love your models. Any particular reason most of them are from Adelaide (i'm not complaining) BTW, the CR228L on the first pg would be 3275, because 3375 is a K360UA CB80
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Candice Thomas

Post by Candice Thomas »

You have totally made our day !!! My 3 1/2 year old is obsessed with buses. We have spent the afternoon printing, laminating and making your models. He is so so happy!!!

Do u by chance have a model of the transperth C.A.T bus ? This is the favourite !!!
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Candice Thomas wrote:You have totally made our day !!! My 3 1/2 year old is obsessed with buses. We have spent the afternoon printing, laminating and making your models. He is so so happy!!!

Do u by chance have a model of the transperth C.A.T bus ? This is the favourite !!!
Unfortunately, the maker of these models has not been active for years now. As far as Transperth models go, he has made 3 of them :)

Mungojerrie
Favourite Vehicle: Volgabus CityRhytm-15

Post by Mungojerrie »

Dear friends! I'm back here! Sorry for such a delay in making models from Australia. Unfortunately, I have not very much free time, so I did not post replies here and was making mostly Russian models. They are also quite nice! But I'm back to Australia, so new models are coming! Oh, I did not make all the models from previous visits, but I'm going to Australia again! Having little problems with visa, but I think everything will be OK. So looking forward for new photos and new models. :)
Paper Trolleybus Project
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Just what we all wanted to hear, great to end the week on a high! Can't wait for your future models, I'll be sure to keep a close eye on this topic 8)
Lt. Commander Data

Mungojerrie wrote:Dear friends! I'm back here! Sorry for such a delay in making models from Australia. Unfortunately, I have not very much free time, so I did not post replies here and was making mostly Russian models. They are also quite nice! But I'm back to Australia, so new models are coming! Oh, I did not make all the models from previous visits, but I'm going to Australia again! Having little problems with visa, but I think everything will be OK. So looking forward for new photos and new models. :)
Good to see you're back. I like your previous models and look forward to your new ones. I hope your next trip to Australia includes a visit to Adelaide :wink:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

It'll be great if you could come to Adelaide again, great things here. I've also got some pics (taken years ago) of a bus if you're interested in making a model of, send me a message when you can :)
Lt. Commander Data

Have you got a front on, left side, right side and read on shot of your bus? That's what I've done, I might try making some models myself using Mungonerrie's as a template.

Buses photographed like that for me currently are 3269, 3310 and 3311. 3/4 of the best buses (3270 missing).

:mrgreen: ;)
Mungojerrie

Post by Mungojerrie »

New model is out. This is a bus 3311 from Adelaide made using my photos from 2010. There are still some textures not used for models.

Also a model of the same bus with new textures by Lt. Commander Data is available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/els63rztoe75o ... 2.pdf?dl=0

So it is faster to make a model than to obtain a visa. Still waiting for my visa to be granted, so checking my photo archive.
Paper Trolleybus Project
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Great model, and I see you've changed the way you do the wheels since your previous Adelaide models. I'll be sure to put this one together at some time, and lucky you Lt ;)
Lt. Commander Data

Mungojerrie wrote:New model is out. This is a bus 3311 from Adelaide made using my photos from 2010. There are still some textures not used for models.

So it is faster to make a model than to obtain a visa. Still waiting for my visa to be granted, so checking my photo archive.
Cheers Mungojerrie. Your is better, as the livery hadn't been butchered yet, but it's good to have to models to make now. Thanks again, I might send through one or two more buses if that's alright with you :wink: :) :mrgreen:
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Mungojerrie, can you make a transperth bus out of this?
http://perthbus.info/image.php?image=493l2k6g2rs4k5001
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Lt. Commander Data

Bus Suggestions wrote:Mungojerrie, can you make a transperth bus out of this?
Generally you will need 4 photos, one square-on of each side. Unfortunately, as good as that photo is (and of an Optimus too :mrgreen: ), it only shows the neaside and a bit of the front, no offside or rear at all. It also finally explains what the Perth 'Airport Livery' looks like, as well as being on the 380 (which IIRC is the airport bus).

When I'm taking photos for paper buses, I go to a bus park in the City where buses park up for the day, which lets you get photos of all 4 sides of the bus. I'm not familiar with Perth operations, but anywhere where a bus is laying over is good for taking that kind of photo. I can post a few to show what I mean if you like :wink:
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hey, in order to make a model he requires 'front-on' pictures of all sides. Meaning, one for the front, the rear, left and right sides.
Just having a few shots of it travelling down the street just provides too much of a problem, and is very difficult to master a quality model out of it. Like Data said, a bus park, station, terminus (or the equivalent) is a good opportunity to get such pics. Best of luck, because I would really like to see such a model :D
Lt. Commander Data

These photos show the type(s) you need to take to make paper models:
front view
front view
nearside view
nearside view
rear view
rear view
offside view
offside view
Hope that helps (don't worry Mungojerrie, you've already used these pictures. I did send you a few more though, hope they're OK :wink: ).
Mungojerrie

Post by Mungojerrie »

Bus Suggestions wrote:Mungojerrie, can you make a transperth bus out of this?
This picture has a very low resolution, so the quality of textures will be very low. Also the problem is that there is only two sides of a bus on the photo, and both of them need significant perspective transformation. Note that such a transformation also reduces the quality of textures.
Lt. Commander Data wrote:These photos show the type(s) you need to take to make paper models:
Thanks for the correct answer! The only addition is that multiple pictures per side are also allowed. So if you cannot make a photo of a long side, you can get fragments. The only requirement is that fragments must have some overlap.

Today I finally got my visa to visit Australia. That was a very long waiting. It takes them two month to grant a visa! In 2012 they do that in 2 weeks!
Paper Trolleybus Project
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Any news on your upcoming models? Wondering why you've suddenly gone quiet. Would that be because you're busy making models, or perhaps even on holidays here in Australia? 8)
Mungojerrie

Post by Mungojerrie »

Sorry for such a delay. I was really busy with my work, but I managed my holiday journey to Australia. And now I'm here in Adelaide. It was not easy to organize this visit this time. But I think everything will be good.
Paper Trolleybus Project
Lt. Commander Data

I hope you enjoy your stay in Adelaide. I would recommend things to see that are transport realted, but nothing's really happened. I would recommend getting models of the MAN SL202s shile they're still around though, and maybe even one of the really new Scanias (1941-1948, 1823-1825). Also the MAN 11.190s, their days are numbered as well.

Once again, enjoy your stay! :)

Return to “Transport Models”