Board Attachment Quota has been reached.....WTF?

News and comments about this board.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Unfortunately I'm getting a "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." error.

Would the mods be able to fix this?

Many thanks
The MCA
Favourite Vehicle: Fast up a hill vehicles

Re: How to post photos on this forum

Post by The MCA »

National Link
Favourite Vehicle: DVR Locos CL 9-Q and BL 26-E

Post by National Link »

Admins,
I was trying to attach a photo tonight to post in the "Which Vehicle Is It? VIC" Section, as I attempted to, I got knocked back with an error saying "Board Attachment Quota has been reached". IIRC this problem has occured before in the past. Would anyone know why this is occuring? :?
Natty.
One Thousand ATDB Posts Can't Be Wrong.

Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect any views of my employers.
ALBION1881

Re: Board Attachment Quota has been reached.....WTF?

Post by ALBION1881 »

You getting it to National link I tried twice to do a topic and I keep getting this message I too would like to what the heck is wrong.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Whatever the size of the amount of attachments allowed is for the overall board, it has been reached and unless some attachments are removed or the amount of attachment overall file size is increased it will be like that. Today I've had no problem attaching photos so obviously it has been dealt with.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

It may have only happened within the past few hours (e.g. AFTER you posted your photos), we'll have to wait for an admin to comment...
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Oh sorry I misread the first post. It said "tonight". I thought it said "last night". Probably because it is not yet tonight here yet.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

While the attachments may make it easier for photos to stay the same size as originally posted, if the quota keeps getting reached, is it really needed? Their are other places to host photos, and besides you have more control if you host them elsewhere.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I think it is possible to make it unlimited but thats up to the admin. I don't ever get enough time to resize and host photos and then post them here so I just use attachments.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

You can make it unlimited, but that's not appropriate as we don't have unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

Last night I increased the maximum size of the attachments folder so people can upload again without getting the error message.

I have also deleted some older photos from the attachments folder to make more room (obviously we can't keep all pics in there for ever.)

Currently there are 20,461 attachments available for viewing which go back to January 2009. Older pics will continually be deleted in order to host newer photos.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

Ken wrote:You can make it unlimited, but that's not appropriate as we don't have unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

Last night I increased the maximum size of the attachments folder so people can upload again without getting the error message.

I have also deleted some older photos from the attachments folder to make more room (obviously we can't keep all pics in there for ever.)

Currently there are 20,461 attachments available for viewing which go back to January 2009. Older pics will continually be deleted in order to host newer photos.
Can we please ask people such as ALBION1881 to STOP re-posting the same photos (with captions) that others have posted (without captions)? Surely this takes up a lot of space.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

This message just came up for me as I started to attach photos to Part 2 of Rail Replacements in Perth yesterday... :roll: So I guess I have to wait for an Admin to solve the problem. Lucky its Sunday!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Ken wrote:You can make it unlimited, but that's not appropriate as we don't have unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

The limit Ken referred to above was set to 3000 meg.

I have just deleted a few bringing the number of posts down to 23750. I had deleted some earlier this morning when the number was higher than that.

When signing on as an admin both before after deleting those attachments the system tld me we were using 2930 meg so not quite up to 3000.

The panels which do the deleting had some slighly different results indicating before the deletions that we were using 2864 meg before the deletions and 2862 meg after the deletions.

We had a problem a few weeks ago which was not reported here but in an individual post which was having trouble and since then I have been deleting attachments on a regular basis but it looks as though we need to delete a few more.

Please let me know if you can attach now while I go and delete some more.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Since my previous post I have reduced the number of attachments to 23500 which according to the delete panel reduces the file size to 2833 meg but the system message has only come down to 2910 meg.

The oldest attachment is now dated 26 March 2009.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It appears that it is now possible to post attachments.

I just found a new attachment which was well and truely over the maximum size permitted. It has been deleted.

The poster did request the admins to resize the photo for him but it is not a function of admins to resize photos.
Living in the Shire.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Yep, I just put up Part 2 of my shots from yesterday up now...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thanks - I had already seen your post before I read this as I was still doing some work in the attachment section and your new attachments were already listed there.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

We seem to have a had a lot of attachments input in the last 24 hours - no less than 90 - the daily average is just under 40.

I have deleted a few more old ones just to make sure we keep our head above water.
Living in the Shire.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Board Attachment Qouta has been reached again. Tried to attach a photo into a thread in the NZ Photos section...
Matty G
Favourite Vehicle: B10M

Post by Matty G »

Tried to post a photo in the "Where is it" Melbourne section, and am having the same problems as per above.
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

I have removed some of the oldest attachments; there should be a little space now available for attaching photos.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I think at the rate that the qouta keeps on being reached, that it probably needs to become a weekly thing to delete old attachments like already done with removing inactive members weekly...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I find this rather strange as I have been deleting them on a daily basis and we should have been well below the limit. It seems that we seem to be htting the limit earlier and earlier.

Something we need to keep an eye on.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Prior to my previous post, at least once a day I would access the attachments as an administrator. This shows a number of pages and on each occasion I would reduce the number of attachments so that there were no more than 940 pages (23500 attechments) which I would have thought would leave ample room.

I am now on a daily basis deleting anything in excess of 934 pages (23350 photos).

The oldest attachment now on file is dated 10th April 2009. Anything earlier than that is gone. So it would appear that an attachment is deleted after about 23 months.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Someone must have been deleting their own attachments overnight as we are down to 23186 this morning.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”