what phone do you have

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Frances

Re: what phone do you have

Post by Frances »

busrider wrote:I've used a ZTE. The Nokia beats that.
Just about anything beats a ZTE. I had one once. The camera was pretty good, but everything else (including the batteries, which never lasted long enough) was rubbish.
Connex
Favourite Vehicle: XT 853M-1627T-854M

Post by Connex »

Brendan03 wrote:Connex, who is your plan with?
I'm on the $29 cap with 3. Signed the plan in June during their renovation sale, so I'm paying $19 p.m. for the first twelve months and $29 p.m. for the other twelve months.

Aside from the 16GB internal memory and the camera, it's shocklingly bad. The touch screen is rubbish and makes texting a nightmare. Sometimes whilst texting, if you press backspace, the backspace function will jam and erase everything written unless you hit backspace again. Then again, it's Symbian.

I'd love an iPhone, but I'm not a heavy enough user to get an iPhone on a plan. And I'm too cheap to pay out my contract,so looks like I'll be stuck with my horrible piece of crap till June 2012. :P :lol:
Metcard. Your ticket to Melbourne.
Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

Post by Brendan03 »

Connex: Wait a few months, then call the call centre and ask them how much It'd cost to pay out the plan because you're thinking of cancelling your contact. Even if you're not serious, Try it and see what they do ;)

I'm paying the same amount as I was before I called them and now I've got an iPhone :) (Oh, and 1.5GB of monthly data instead of 500MB)
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
Connex
Favourite Vehicle: XT 853M-1627T-854M

Post by Connex »

I think I might just do that. Thanks for the advice Brendan03. :)
Metcard. Your ticket to Melbourne.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

I now have a Nokia N8.
Purchased last Friday, 29 Oct 2010, at the Vodafone shop in Brisbane.
The other phone providers are not releasing there N8's for sale until sometime this week.

I am so over the iPhone it is now delegated to just being a platform to use the apps I have on it. One big advantage the Nokia's have over the iPhone and others is the fact you can select different settings for the loudness, ie they have settings for Outdoor, General, Silent, Meeting & Pager.
Mine is set to Outdoor and I can hear it clearly with passing traffic and other noise around me where with the other brands of phones even with the volume turned right up to max it is hard to hear the conversation. I have had my hearing tested recently and I am not deaf or lost part of my hearing.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Volvo B12BLEA wrote:I now have a Nokia N8.
The other phone providers are not releasing there N8's for sale until sometime this week.

I am so over the iPhone it is now delegated to just being a platform to use the apps I have on it. One big advantage the Nokia's have over the iPhone and others is the fact you can select different settings for the loudness, ie they have settings for Outdoor, General, Silent, Meeting & Pager.
Mine is set to Outdoor and I can hear it clearly with passing traffic and other noise around me where with the other brands of phones even with the volume turned right up to max it is hard to hear the conversation. I have had my hearing tested recently and I am not deaf or lost part of my hearing.
Nice... :D What colour did you get, and have yu found it to be an enjoyable phone so far?
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
vernbale
Favourite Vehicle: N113 Orana,TRAINS,HELICOPTERS

Post by vernbale »

I have a nokia 6700 slide, good 5mp camera and video, good for doing the forum on the net, will get a better phone next year sometime, maybe a HTC.
TRAINS - LOVE the POWER and SOUND
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

vernbale wrote:I have a nokia 6700 slide, good 5mp camera and video, good for doing the forum on the net, will get a better phone next year sometime, maybe a HTC.
Don't, You'll be going backwards. I had a 6700 Slide and went to a HTC. Bad Idea. Seriously. Just don't.
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
Composition Dept

Post by Composition Dept »

I used to have an iPhone, but thought it was time for a change. Now got myself a HTC Desire running custom firmware.
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

As of 12 hours ago, I've upgraded to an iPhone 4. I'm impressed so far. :wink:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
vernbale
Favourite Vehicle: N113 Orana,TRAINS,HELICOPTERS

Post by vernbale »

Can't afford on of those! :(
TRAINS - LOVE the POWER and SOUND
sydneybusses
Favourite Vehicle: merc 0C500LE, merc 0305g

Post by sydneybusses »

I have an iPhone 3G infact, I'm writing this reply on it!
d_train
Favourite Vehicle: anything Bendy!

Post by d_train »

i have a HTC legend, best phone i ever had, pisses all over i phone ... but only if you know how to use it properly, so only for the tech savvy
"A word to the wise is not necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
andrew28121990
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech CDi

Post by andrew28121990 »

nokia n97 mini white worst phone ive had in 6 months ive had it software nearly gone locking switch fell off battery lasts 12 hours when not being used.
Born And Bred Central Coastian...
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

HTC Desire, which I have spent the better part of the day customizing. Very slick phone.

I almost got the HTC HD2, but stopped myself because it ran Windows Mobile 6.5.
d_train
Favourite Vehicle: anything Bendy!

Post by d_train »

Douglas wrote:HTC Desire, which I have spent the better part of the day customizing. Very slick phone.

I almost got the HTC HD2, but stopped myself because it ran Windows Mobile 6.5.
good move ... htc on android is best .. windows mobile is XXX ...
"A word to the wise is not necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

Douglas wrote:
Volvo B12BLEA wrote:I now have a Nokia N8.

Nice... :D What colour did you get, and have yu found it to be an enjoyable phone so far?
I got the grey one and even got a free silicon case via a Nokia free redemption. Just had to provide details of where I got the phone.
I am enjoying it, able to bluetooth (unlike the iPhone's) can add widgets to the home screen.
Also has HD video shooting capabilities.
Last edited by Volvo B12BLEA on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

d_train wrote: good move ... htc on android is best .. windows mobile is XXX ...
Agreed... ever since the first time I played with the Desire I absolutely loved Sense, Samsung's TouchFlo and Sony Ericsson's whatever have absolutely nothing on it, so I'm glad I got it before they went and increased the price to a ridiculous amount per month.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Interestingly enough, my Mother got a Mozart over the weekend. After giving her basic directions (left screen is the pinned screen, right screen is the list of programs, hubs are panoramas so keep scrolling for more goodies, games hide in Xbox Live, etc.), she's figured out how to do pretty much everything else herself. Some of the games are pretty good, and she's even earning Gamerpoints or whatever they are on her Xbox Live account (which I find amusing the fact that my Mother uses XBox Live and I do not).

I've played with it myself, and my goodness is it fluid as all hell. No lag (well, except in the HTC Hub thing, which is terrible anyway), it behaves well, screen is nice and responsive, bloody good keyboard... I almost regret not getting one myself because I have Zune set up for all my music, but then I realised how insane I would promptly go without my multitasking. Maybe next time, Microsoft... you've got a good thing going, so keep it up and I may consider you.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Currently, I have 2 iPhone 4's - a 16GB and a 32GB. The 16GB has to be sent back when I get ported to Telstra but at this stage, It's been 5 days and I still havn't been ported.
mubd

Post by mubd »

Since I last posted in here (a year ago), I got a crappy HTC Magic, but it was for free, so I didn't mind.

Then, in September, I got an iPhone 4.

It's a great leap from the crappy W910i I had in January.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

mubd wrote:Since I last posted in here (a year ago), I got a crappy HTC Magic, but it was for free, so I didn't mind.

Then, in September, I got an iPhone 4.

It's a great leap from the crappy W910i I had in January.
Is it the best phone you've ever used?
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

Just got a ZTE F165 country phone. Straight off the importer. According to a couple forums I read they are ZTE's best offering and get by far the best reception out of any released here. Also improved battery gives them 250hrs stby with 6hrs talk.

It's one of three phones I now carry. I shall start requiring a trailer soon.

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I have a XXX phone... That is all I can say... Pretty basic for $50 but does the job...
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

And Shell servo's had one for $25... and you know what; best battery life I had EVER seen. Went 12 days without a charge and $20 of credit!

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.

Return to “The Lunch Room”