TRAM LINE CLOSED 4 July - 5 July

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Eagle Eye

Re: TRAM LINE CLOSED 4 July - 5 July

Post by Eagle Eye »

Yes, and the last time the South Road stop will be used until the new station is open in late 2009. I'll be heading down that way today so I'll grab a couple of snaps if I can!

The picture of Flexity 101 on the temporary timetable looks as though it has been squashed/distorted, they didn't take the original 103 and re-number it?! :lol:
Dave C
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by Dave C »

The closure has been extended until 1500hrs tomorrow.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Notice on Adelaide Metro website that there will be no trams running until 3pm Monday 6th July. Substitute bus service will be available.
Will be interesting to see where they get drivers at short notice-buses will be readily available as it is school holidays but to find 15 or 20 drivers may not be easy!
jibb

Post by jibb »

According to the Adelaide Now website a spokesman for DTEI said that the delay in restarting Tram Services later is due to "The Track not settling"!!! thats a new one- how could the contractors get this one so wrong??
Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

I dont know if it was so much the contractors. The word on the street is that to cut costs (and subsequently corners too) TA/DTEI provided no tamping equipment, nor the funds for it. The temporary track, which has a limit of 25kph, looks something like the Gawler line on a hot day. Its possible some emergency measures were called in when they realised you cant run a tram over tracks that struggle to hold a gauge that is even remotely consistent.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Just announced on the radio that there will be no trams for tonights peak hour services- buses will continue to operate a substitute service with about 10/12 buses being used.Test trams will be trialled on the temporary track later on today.
shazam

Post by shazam »

Flexity110 wrote:I dont know if it was so much the contractors. The word on the street is that to cut costs (and subsequently corners too) TA/DTEI provided no tamping equipment, nor the funds for it. The temporary track, which has a limit of 25kph, looks something like the Gawler line on a hot day. Its possible some emergency measures were called in when they realised you cant run a tram over tracks that struggle to hold a gauge that is even remotely consistent.
there was a quote to railpage.org, or something like that, which showed a tamper on the track - and only just fitting..
Willie
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0405NH

Post by Willie »

K310UA #1015 was on TramBus this evening.

I believe a test tram is running tonight and services will commence if succesful, I was told standby buses would continue for morning peak as a precaution.
Norman
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Norman »

Tram services should resume today.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Tram services are running normally this morning.
ferro
Favourite Vehicle: Alco, Volvo B59, MAN SL200,

Post by ferro »

got inundated with sms`s on this.

anyone got pics of the works?

cant find any in pics but may haver missed em
Backup generators only start after bkup battery banks have been exhausted
ICL Mainframes had sexier blinking lights than the IBM big iron
The BIG RED push button really does power down the whole floor

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”