Tasmanian Tour - that train

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Tasmanian Tour - that train

Post by E.L.Wood »

I also managed a shot of the PN train which ran past the Tasmanian Transport museum led by locos 2113,2111,2114,2112 & 2137.
Locos.jpg
I took a shot of 2137 in PN livery
2137.jpg
Finally I've added a shot of DP26 as it creeps back into the yard after completing it's last run up the line.
DP26@TTM.jpg
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Re: Tasmanian Tour - that train

Post by The Inspector »

Nice pics, look forward to returning to Tassie oneday for train chasing
Has AdMet CB80 fever
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Yes good catch there, seeing a train in Tas these days is rare as most run during the night except the Boyer paper train which sometimes you can see that one in the late afternoon at Brigewater or at Boyer yards but can run late.Another good place to see trains as well is at the regatta grounds as they enter the main frieght terminal near the water front , and again they can run late so you may get to actually see one also they usully leave the yard late in the afternoon.
If you head around to the where the old station yards used to be there is a siding not far from the highway and opp the cement depot (if depot still there)and is used to stable the loco's during the day most times and is open so you can walk up to the loco's and take some good shots. If you are at Brigewater you can drive a short way up the Midland Highway just past the East Derwent Highway turn off at the top of the grade and see them coming up the hill on their way back north,and really hear the locos on notch 8 as the lift their load out of Bridgewater even beter if they ar EE locos :D

Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Len36
Favourite Vehicle: My Triumph

Post by Len36 »

Nice pics. I live close to the rail line in Hobart, (not far from the Metro depot) and hear the freight train go through each morning if I'm not already out on a bus. I used to catch the passenger trains occasionally as a kid but they stopped them when I was in early high school. Here's one of the fully operational steamer they had running at the transport museum open day.
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Len36 wrote:Nice pics. I live close to the rail line in Hobart, (not far from the Metro depot) and hear the freight train go through each morning if I'm not already out on a bus. I used to catch the passenger trains occasionally as a kid but they stopped them when I was in early high school. Here's one of the fully operational steamer they had running at the transport museum open day.
Yeah I remember the passenger trains, Used to catch then either to or from School from Newtown Station or Moonah Station.
Len36
Favourite Vehicle: My Triumph

Post by Len36 »

Me too Steve. I caught them to New Town High which I attended from about '72-'75. I also used to live opposite New Town train station which I'm sure you saw re-assembled in all it's glory at the museum. Here's a rather poor shot of it.
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Len36 wrote:Me too Steve. I caught them to New Town High which I attended from about '72-'75. I also used to live opposite New Town train station which I'm sure you saw re-assembled in all it's glory at the museum. Here's a rather poor shot of it.
Also Attended Newtown High.

Return to “Photos - Hobart/Tas”