Got the Bends SA Style!

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Buscrazy
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.280 HOCL NL

Got the Bends SA Style!

Post by Buscrazy »

Following on from the other states with this topic, here are a couple of shots i took only last weekend of this fine beast at about 85% turning capacity.

Enjoy! I'll post more as i take more!
If it isn't safe, don't do it!

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Re: Got the Bends SA Style!

Post by RailwayBus »

Are these photos yours? They're copyrighted to a different username, unless thats a name you use elsewhere?

Nice photos BTW.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Dave C
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by Dave C »

RailwayBus wrote:Are these photos yours? They're copyrighted to a different username, unless thats a name you use elsewhere?

Nice photos BTW.
I'd say 2301 is his badge number with Torrens Transit.
Buscrazy

Post by Buscrazy »

Yeah thats correct Dave. Rather than look silly and have Buscrazy as my photo copywrite i thought i would go for something out of the ordinary. The company i work for, and my badge number :) thought myself very creative for that reason.

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
Lynx
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL 202 MkII

Post by Lynx »

Nice one Buscrazy.

But I think that could be a bit silly if you post something your not meant to.
As then your companies management knows who posted it without their permission.

It has been made very clear to us in our training course that posting of photo's taken within the depots on the internet is a breach of your employment contract.
I am not sure about your company, but that is what mine states.

Have a good one
LONG LIVE M.A.N. SL202 MkII.
Smile be happy
STA 1440
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA B10M 1440/2405

Post by STA 1440 »

That's not within the depot. So all is well. :wink:
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Lynx wrote:Nice one Buscrazy.

But I think that could be a bit silly if you post something your not meant to.
As then your companies management knows who posted it without their permission.

It has been made very clear to us in our training course that posting of photo's taken within the depots on the internet is a breach of your employment contract.
Really, does this pic disclose any commercially confidential information? It looks like the bus was doing nothing out of the ordinary. In my experience, most managers of bus companies look at this board and know who their employees are that post, so there isn't any anonymity!
Buscrazy

Post by Buscrazy »

One thing i think he may be getting at is my photo copyright. I think its perfectly fine! There aint anything wrong with it!

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
The Mayor
Favourite Vehicle: (SA) VOLVO B59.

Post by The Mayor »

I think companies would only get narky if photo's of the workshop area or admin were posted without their permission. I have posted pix here taken in Lonsdale & Elizabeth bus yards whilst the bus was on track and no one spoke to me.

And I know for a fact that SL Managers monitor this board almost daily as well as some MP's and their staff. :P

In essence just be sensible with posting photo's (something that is not out of the ordinary) and everything will be fine!

Nic pix anyway Buscrazy / torrens_2301 !!!
ALWAYS STRIVING TO MAKE ADELAIDE & SOUTH AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC TRANSPORT THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY
ALL COMMENTS MADE ON THIS FORUM ARE THE EXPRESS OPINION OF MYSELF ONLY AND NOT OF MY EMPLOYER
Buscrazy

Post by Buscrazy »

The Mayor wrote:I think companies would only get narky if photo's of the workshop area or admin were posted without their permission. I have posted pix here taken in Lonsdale & Elizabeth bus yards whilst the bus was on track and no one spoke to me.

And I know for a fact that SL Managers monitor this board almost daily as well as some MP's and their staff. :P

In essence just be sensible with posting photo's (something that is not out of the ordinary) and everything will be fine!

Nic pix anyway Buscrazy / torrens_2301 !!!
Thanks Mayor! I know that TT staff in the same area monitor the board also, hence why no "in depot" pics have been posted by me any more without permission first from the right people.

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

I think alot of you get way too overboard when it comes to photo copyright. I mean, its just a photo of a bus. If you dont want to share it.....dont.
Buscrazy

Post by Buscrazy »

I think its more the fact that they want to share it, but put the copywrite there, so no one can take off with it and portray it as their own. :)

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Looking at the Merc at 85% turning capacity, I've always thought that the Scania artics could turn tighter than the Mercs can. Does anyone know for sure?
Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

Eratik wrote:I think alot of you get way too overboard when it comes to photo copyright. I mean, its just a photo of a bus. If you dont want to share it.....dont.
I think in a way its also our way of showing we are proud of the photo, like stamping our marque on it. I'm not a fan of ones that take the entire picture over, but I think some anti-theft stamps can be really effective and dont detract from the picture. This is one of them: its hardly invasive and doesnt draw your eye away other than to see who has taken it. Nothing wrong in that.

It wouldnt surprise me if the Scanias could turn tighter after watching one in action yesterday... although having said that I've seen some Mercs take some pretty tight turns.
Jumbles
Favourite Vehicle: Unicycle

Post by Jumbles »

I had a funny idea (as in I think I remember hearing somewhere) that the Scania Artic's (alla TT) will let the trailer turn 37.5 degrees from the main section (without the override, which I think gets another degree or two) and are (supposedly) impossible to lock.
Not sure how this compares with the Merc's, but I have a sort of vague feeling the MAN's might be closer to (or even over) 40 degrees (not sure why but 41 rings a bell) - although this might have been the angle where damage starts occurring when you take out the fuse (?) for the lock (not that anyone would ever do that, of course)....

Of course this might have all been a dream....
Buscrazy

Post by Buscrazy »

From my experience, you can get the Scanias alot tighter than the Mercs or MAN's. Its quite amazing!

To show you what i mean, with leaving JUST enough room for the trailer swing, i somehow locked up 1943 at the Semaphore jetty turn around on the 352, 353 route.... That turn around is wide enough too! I had the bus on full lock also...

Im Develicious

I Love You <3 <3 <3
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Thanks Buscrazy, I thought that was the case. After being on Merc artics for so long, when I sit in the trailer of a Scania I can't believe how tight they turn sometimes! :shock:
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

Lynx wrote:

Have a good one
Have you considered that perhaps its just the company you work for??? You sound like you are getting on your high horse and then slipping in that you work for a different company. Perhaps your employer is just a bit more on the "anal retentive" side. Most bus operators dont mind employees taking photos of the vehicles within reason.
bentleyv8t
Favourite Vehicle: Adelaide Mercedes O305G #545

Post by bentleyv8t »

Does anyone know if 545 still runs?
jibb

Post by jibb »

bentleyv8t wrote:Does anyone know if 545 still runs?
545 is based at Morphetville Depot still equipped for O'bahn running,however lately have seen it many times on non-O'Bahn runs.

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”