Further Tasmanian Redline

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Car177

Further Tasmanian Redline

Post by Car177 »

This is the last of them for now, going back down in September.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Re: Further Tasmanian Redline

Post by stevegj52 »

Very Nice pics Carr 177,unfortunately the coaches in the pics are most likely gone or will be soon.Redline are purchasing those chinese BCI things to replace them with,so redline wont look or sound the same anymore , you cant beat the sound of a GM.The Dennings you photographed at Queenstown are as Tas Bus Nut said are up for sale and if you go to the Tassie Redline Website you can see them there on the for sale page.I will be heading to Queenstown in June for school reunion and will take a trip on the removed. I am trying to see if I can make a detour down to Hobart on the way back to check out the buses there.

Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Those big Motorcoaches are fantastic, so is Tassie Redline, I use them when I visit.
Des
Favourite Vehicle: MCI 7

Post by Des »

I've just done a school tour as a passenger with a mob of school kids from Sunshine Coast to Canberra with Topline Coach Tours from the coast here and they have an ex Redline motorcoach, like the ones in the photo, in which we travelled. What a fantastic coach to ride in. I think the one Topline has was bought new in 1995 by Redline. It rode beautifully and was in great nick. I know Topline Tours have a pretty good maintenance program which helped but for a 14 year old coach, it was a fantastic vehicle to travel in.
Des
Classic not plastic
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Ok, do you think it was the one that was sold late last year,where are Topline from?
Des

Post by Des »

Their depot is at Palmwoods on the Sunshine Coast in Qld. They've actually had the coach since late 2005 when they set up their business. I'll see if they've still got details of the old Tassie rego. Here's a couple of pics of it. I hope they are ok as I've never uploaded photos before
Classic not plastic
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Could possibly be ex #63 which was the designated COASTLINER EXPRESS coach. Not sure which one was sold first, so only guessing. Certainly are an attractive vehicle. Cannot see the smaller BCI replacements lasting the distance. Cheap bloody imports. Nothing like the power & reliability of the almighty GM/Detroit
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Looking at it makes me want to post some Motorcoach pictures
Last edited by Car177 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Please do Carr 177, unfortunately it may be a very expensive switch to BCI and expensive lesson for Redline to find out they won't be suitable for express runs Neil,they would have been better to try one BCI out before making the commitment.The GM's were ideal and hopefully one day they will return to the Midland Hwy route. But hey I might be wrong about the BCI's

Steve
Des

Post by Des »

The BCIs certainly wouldn't be as strong as this ex Redline coach we were on as the design brief when it was built was for it to carry up to 6 tonne of freight. No wonder it's a rock solid coach
Classic not plastic
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Yes they loaded them up with palletised freight.
Car177

Post by Car177 »

In my visits to Tasmania I have photographed 4 large Motorcoaches 63,65,85,86.
On my visit in December 2008 the only one that I didn't see was No.85 which I had thought had just been sold, was there a fifth Motorcoach that could be the one now in Queensland as it can not be any of the 4 listed.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

mca95 wrote:That Topline MCA was 60 ,one of the first 14.5s, they also sold 84 as far as i know they still have 85,86,63 and 65 they only have one of the BCIs to replace the coast run (7:30 AM From Devonport) Non W/C and wheel chair acccess
SO!! instead of operating 5 *star coaches on their TRUNK LINE route, they now only operate 4 *star vehicles. I saw (I think it's #51) in Hobart on Friday with Hobart on it's destination, so I assume it had just arrived from north. Oh well, Ta Ta GM Detroits, hello Chinese imports.
No.#60 WAS the 1st 14.5 Motorcoach Redline brought (original post by me showing it's launch @ Salamanca Mkt).
Car177

Post by Car177 »

I am glad that mystery is sorted.
I will be chasing the BCI on my September visit.
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Think I will give using Redline a miss seeing they are going to these chinese things, But Must get pics in June of remaining Coaches befor the BCI invasion takes over.As I have said several times You cant beat the sound reliability of the Denning and MCA Jimmy's.
mca96

Post by mca96 »

I think they are only trying out the BCI on the coast run plus due to the lack of numbers and the drop in freight they opted for the smaller bus, the BCI's couldnt be as bad as those NEOCARS they have they have spent heaps of money getting those right so i cant see the BCI being any worse
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

mca96 wrote:I think they are only trying out the BCI on the coast run plus due to the lack of numbers and the drop in freight they opted for the smaller bus, the BCI's couldnt be as bad as those NEOCARS they have they have spent heaps of money getting those right so i cant see the BCI being any worse
NEOCARS ??? Are they those purple buses (x2) ??? I've been told (1)BCI has caught fire recently. If so, they can't be that crash hot (sorry the pun)
Car177

Post by Car177 »

The purple buses are things that came down from Queensland,. Cesspools. (Cspel)
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Had a look for NEOCAR on line and they are made in Macedonia,have Cummins motor thats all i could find out,there isnt much about them on line.Anyone know more?

Steve
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Caboolture Bus Lines got one from Sainty's, I think that they were glad when it got writtten off.
mca96

Post by mca96 »

They have 4 of the Purple Cepels now i was told they had a problem with one of the older Smiths Hino burnt out some of the wiring resently. one of the 3 Neocars burnt to the ground in Dec last year
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Sounds like they will have fun and games with their BCI and Neocar's .Wonderhow long before they go back to the tried and proven, can't keep spending money to make these work and it would probaly add up to the cost of a good coach anyway so they will have saved nothing.
My 10 cents worth,

Steve
mca96

Post by mca96 »

stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Interesting photos mca96, thats the Neocar that caught fire at Ouse? or the Hino.

Steve
mca96

Post by mca96 »

That was the Neocar from Ouse, im not sure what the hino looked like i think it was just a little wiring damage

Return to “Photos - Hobart/Tas”