Crawn Motors of Ridgley

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Car177

Crawn Motors of Ridgley

Post by Car177 »

An interesting fleet kept in immaculate condition.
Last edited by Car177 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Crawn Motors of Ridgley

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Another great selection Tony. Thanks
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

The Crawn motors fleet appears to be well maintained and well presented IMO. The Bosnjak JBJ International reminds me of the one that Red Bus Service The Entrance had previously.
Car177

Post by Car177 »

I notice on a bus sales website that 9 SB2565,10 BC3011 and an Isuzu are for sale.Surely there isn't anything wrong with 39 yo. buses, if they weren't safe they wouldn't have got that old.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Car177 wrote:I notice on a bus sales website that 9 SB2565,10 BC3011 and an Isuzu are for sale.Surely there isn't anything wrong with 39 yo. buses, if they weren't safe they wouldn't have got that old.
Perhapes they may be over the Government age limit ,I thought that most Bedfords would have been by now.His fleet looks well looked after.Thanks for putting them up.Tasmania is interesting place for old buses but for how much longer.

Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

stevegj52 wrote:
Car177 wrote:I notice on a bus sales website that 9 SB2565,10 BC3011 and an Isuzu are for sale.Surely there isn't anything wrong with 39 yo. buses, if they weren't safe they wouldn't have got that old.
Perhapes they may be over the Government age limit ,I thought that most Bedfords would have been by now.His fleet looks well looked after.Thanks for putting them up.Tasmania is interesting place for old buses but for how much longer.
I would be interested to know what the Government age limit is for buses down in Tasmania. There is some great old buses down there.
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

Since the changes in the photo section the TAS section has died in the ass! its crap now!
Welcome Aboard
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

skystar320 wrote:Since the changes in the photo section the TAS section has died in the ass! its crap now!
Have to admit Greg, I AM NOT A BIG FAN of the new system. However, I have been back at work and haven't had a decent break whilst back. I'm off this Sat/Sun/Mon, so hope to get out on the Monday in particular to see what's about. Haven't seen O'Driscolls NEW Express coach yet. Have to find out when it's arriving!!! (Unfortunately lost a little interest with new format) Neil
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:
skystar320 wrote:Since the changes in the photo section the TAS section has died in the ass! its crap now!
Have to admit Greg, I AM NOT A BIG FAN of the new system. However, I have been back at work and haven't had a decent break whilst back. I'm off this Sat/Sun/Mon, so hope to get out on the Monday in particular to see what's about. Haven't seen O'Driscolls NEW Express coach yet. Have to find out when it's arriving!!! (Unfortunately lost a little interest with new format) Neil
Yes I prefer the older format,much easier.
Do you know what body work or chassis for O'driscoll's and if its new or second hand Neil?
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

stevegj52 wrote: Do you know what body work or chassis for O'driscoll's and if its new or second hand Neil?
BRAND NEW!! Mercedes Benz 1830, identical to the CB60 they have, BUT with the EXPRESS Bodybuilders bodywork.
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:
stevegj52 wrote: Do you know what body work or chassis for O'driscoll's and if its new or second hand Neil?
BRAND NEW!! Mercedes Benz 1830, identical to the CB60 they have, BUT with the EXPRESS Bodybuilders bodywork.
Have checked out a Express body on a Volvo B12LE and they look good,should suit the Merc OH1830LE well,I presume it will be low entry?
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

stevegj52 wrote:
Have checked out a Express body on a Volvo B12LE and they look good,should suit the Merc OH1830LE well,I presume it will be low entry?
YEP. Sorry meant to add the LE at the end of 1830. Apparently not happy with the CB60 body. Can't be any worse than Metro's.

Return to “Photos - Hobart/Tas”