Some nice coaches

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
BusandRVmodification

Some nice coaches

Post by BusandRVmodification »

Just some Nice coaches we've worked on over the last year or 2 -

Refurb for Polley's coaches
IMG_1273.JPG
Shoal - Northcoast body
IMG_1036.JPG
Before
IMG_7093.JPG
After
IMG_7863.JPG
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Some nice coaches

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

The last one (I assume 4 Greyhound) looks exceptional. It's surprising seeing a bus/coach with so much aluminium along the sides. Most of that went out with the Denning monos.
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

I didn't know Suncoast had ceased trading as 'Suncoast' Have the Greyhound group always owned them?
Welcome Aboard
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Tas Bus Nut wrote: It's surprising seeing a bus/coach with so much aluminium along the sides. Most of that went out with the Denning monos.
Yes this is the first time I have seen a MotorCoach bodied bus/coach with that much stainless steel fluting fitted to the side of it as it went out of fashion a long time ago.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Pretty sure the ex-Suncoast (now Greyhound) motorcoach had "adopted" the Aluminium sides from the it's early days when they first took the Sunshine Coast-Brisbane runs (from Sunshine Coast Coaches) in 1995.

They acquired some Sunshine Coast Coaches Denning den-airs with this contract, which had the aluminium on the sides (and the obvious modified front).
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
Memory Card Full
Favourite Vehicle: Any of the above...

Post by Memory Card Full »

DarrenH wrote:Yes this is the first time I have seen a MotorCoach bodied bus/coach with that much stainless steel fluting fitted to the side of it as it went out of fashion a long time ago.
Now listen, I'm only going to post this once. It's from Rob Hounslow, the spare parts Manager at Bus and Coach Parts Australia, who has only been in the industry since the 1980's with Austral/Domino, then Austral Pacific group until its collapse, when he started BCPA with another ex-Austral man. I forget the name of the particular companies involved below, see my username... Incidentally, if you own an Austral or that line, contact them for spare parts, they have all the Manufacturing records and part lists for every Domino, Austral, AD, AP, MCA, etc built since 1969.

The rollers to make the 'RB2' profile were owned by one particular company in Northside Brisbane, but the company that actually used the rollers to make the profile from stainless sheets was a separate firm, kind of like how BlueScope own the rollers to make Colourbond but Stratco distribute it as their own. The two firms eventually had a disagreement on commission, so the owner of the roller stopped using it and would not allow it to be used again by anyone. The rollers do however still exist and are apparently in working order, albeit old, but no amount of persuasion at this time would make them produce it again according to Rob and numerous attempts have been made.

According to my sources, Russel Crisp from Warwick still has some old stuff and also Trevor(?) Clark from Clark's LCBS has some in good condition down at Loganlea in their workshop.

Thus, the stainless didn't lose popularity or "go out of fashion", it simply wasn't an option for new coaches because the whole concept of stainless flashing was trademarked and couldn't be done by anyone else.

I also learned that they have the glass moulds for the old Tourmasters there at their Virginia warehouse, unfortunately they are not in good enough condition to be used again so there can never be a new, original Tourmaster built ever again, sadly. Rob commented that people don't want Tourmaster fronts anymore anyway, as a highlander front basically glues straight in.

Any questions, PM me.

MCF.

EDIT: Changed from OneSteel to BlueScope.
Last edited by Memory Card Full on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This post should be read as gospel. Or gossip was it. What would I know anyway, I'm just a stupid bus driver...

Ex Daz, Con, Stan, Michael, soon to be MCF...
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

righto........ now listen, im only going to post this once....

you sound a friendly person :roll:
Welcome Aboard
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

What type of work was done on the Daewoo out of interest?

Do you have any shots of the Roadcoach Scania K112TR that Bus & RV did up about 6 years ago to NCBC "Protege" designs in all over metallic orange and rear Indian design. It looks / looked fantastic!
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

skystar320 wrote:righto........ now listen, im only going to post this once....

you sound a friendly person :roll:
I think he has watched too many episodes of "'Allo, 'Allo" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
BusandRVmodification

Post by BusandRVmodification »

We were contracted to do part of the build when NCBC built the Daewoo coach. Our owner used to own NCBC so we do a lot of work for them, and vice versa.
I'll see if I can find some pics of the roadcoach...

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”