Rehashing old threads.

News and comments about this board.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Rehashing old threads.

Post by Swift »

I think there should be a limit placed on replying to older threads.Just noticed a topic in the photos section where the last reply dates from 2006 has been brought back to the top.http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 10&t=18504

I think a time limit should be considered .Perhaps all topics should be locked after 12 to 18 months.Any further discussion should require a new thread and perhaps a link to the old topic if required.
I opened it up only to find it is now largely irrelevant .Many may not realise that the pictures are over 2 years old !
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
dpalenski
Favourite Vehicle: NZR RM class Silver Fern

Re: Rehashing old threads.

Post by dpalenski »

Yeah I agree it's very annoying
Formerly nzbcfanboi
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

I don't know if it's just me but I can't see any posts which are over a week old. If I need to search for any information I have to log out to view it and then log back in when I'm finished. It gets quite annoying when people reply to old posts and you have no idea what they are talking about.
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

So are you saying that if a topic has laid dormant for a few months or even a year, and then suddenly it get renewed relevance.....we shouldnt bring it up??

Problem is, if anyone starts a new thread whats the first thing that happens???

Thats right, the first 5-10 replies are all do-gooders linking the thread starter to the original thead. You cant win either way. :roll:
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

There's another forum where if you reply to a thread that is more than a certain time old (can't remember exactly what the length of time is but anyways), you can still reply, however a message pops up telling the user that the thread is an older one and to ensure that they are adding valid information on the subject, with an OK button....

(maybe someone more familiar with ACTbus can give greater detail)
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

I don't know if its just me but, I use the other board style (subsilver) or something like that. Posts which are over 1 week old aren't displayed and in some cases give me this message -
No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.
Carlisle 8
Favourite Vehicle: A.E.C. Regal III.

Post by Carlisle 8 »

Hornibrook wrote:I don't know if its just me but, I use the other board style (subsilver) or something like that. Posts which are over 1 week old aren't displayed and in some cases give me this message -
No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.
Hornibrook: You have a choice regarding which posts you accept. See "Display posts from previous", immediately below the last posting on this page.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Go to the UCP and look at Board Preferences> Display Options> Display posts from previous days; and choose "All Posts" from the drop down menu.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

boronia wrote:Go to the UCP and look at Board Preferences> Display Options> Display posts from previous days; and choose "All Posts" from the drop down menu.
Found it and fixed. Thanks for the help. I haven't changed the option there so it must be default to the theme I have it set on!
Lemon
Favourite Vehicle: Reno PR100.3 (107/108/990/991)

Post by Lemon »

Simes wrote:There's another forum where if you reply to a thread that is more than a certain time old (can't remember exactly what the length of time is but anyways), you can still reply, however a message pops up telling the user that the thread is an older one and to ensure that they are adding valid information on the subject, with an OK button....

(maybe someone more familiar with ACTbus can give greater detail)
After 120 days of no post in a topic it comes up with this warning.
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic
One of the last member of the General public to set foot in Belconnen Interchange, 24 May 2009
"Even if it's free, I'm not buying it"_'Irisbus Rider'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes

Return to “News & Administration”