Mod for Melbourne section.

News and comments about this board.
Grenda Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94

Mod for Melbourne section.

Post by Grenda Driver »

I, and a few others - have noticed that out esteemed Melbourne moderator (John) has not been around for a while. I think we need someone who can view the forum atleast once a day to deal with all the s**t thats happening at the moment.

May I put my hand up?

Anyone agree - disagree?

I posses moderation experience from other forums, and phpBB experience.

What do the admins say?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
Windy

Post by Windy »

I think that to be fair, there should be a choice, and maybe an election/poll?
Grenda Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94

Post by Grenda Driver »

I agree that people should be able to apply for it, and then a vote to select the person who should take over the role.

This is all up to the Admins though.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
Windy

Post by Windy »

I feel someone like Mercedes, Denair, venturatiger, Apollo or E.L. Wood would be ideal candidates for reasons of industry knowledge and experience.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

A moderator needs to be someone who will show neutrality, and not fly off the handle at people for having different views, and will take action when people make innappropriate comments, even if they agree with those comments.

A moderator also needs to have a strong visual presence on the board, something that at the moment, John no longer appears to have, but did in the past. This would narrow that list down further.

Most of all, a moderator needs to not be lazy, someone who will actually do something when something is wrong, but unfortunately these are few and far between on many websites these days.

IMHO only, using the above candidates, and what I've just said, I would rule out Apollo, who quite often has a tag team insulting game with Genman. He would definately have industry knowelege though. (And before either if you two decide to have a go at me for this, I am no angel either, and well aware of it! :twisted: )

I would also rule out E.L.Wood, purely on the basis that doesn't seem to have much of a visual presence these days, though he does have a lot of knoweledge.

As for the remaining four, hard to pick... I think I'll vote for Mercedes, because he seems to have the most visual presence here, as well as in other sections of the site, and in general he is quite neutral, doesn't seem to take sides with anyone.
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
Windy

Post by Windy »

I personally haven't seen Apollo engage in any crossing of swords with anyone. Either that or because I have a tendency to hammer where I feel necessary (and whenever the main Admin team feel it is within reason to do so... otherwise what I post gets deleted). I'd also suggest 1whoknows, but Nexas might be against his references to Sydney as Pyongyang.... North Korea vs Mexico... we do have the weaponry though :P Desto Dave as another potential candidate, perhaps?
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Windy wrote: I'd also suggest 1whoknows, but Nexas might be against his references to Sydney as Pyongyang.... North Korea vs Mexico... we do have the weaponry though :P Desto Dave as another potential candidate, perhaps?
Hehe.... nothing wrong with a little cross border rivalry! :wink:
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
Musique

Post by Musique »

I vote me.

I'm not knowlegable on the topic of buses, yet I read all the threads, and I believe I have a good sense of justice, moral standards and I'm female.. yeahh..

Grenda Driver, or Mercedes is fine by me.. Although, I don't think my oppinion is held in much esteem.
TRAINS are definitely male, because they always use the same old lines for picking up people.
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

Im flattered that people have mentioned me. Should Admin chose to Id be happy to become moderator
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
R-C

Post by R-C »

VOTE 1
Mercedes
for Moderator!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Branch stacking or Pork Barrelling is not allowed, MobitecICU :P
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

I've no objections to Mercedes being the moderator, my work keeps me in catch up mode with the postings, quite often being out of email contact for prolonged periods. Desto Dave currently over in Europe/England on an extended hoiliday I believe. Thanx for the suggestion Windy.
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
Constantly Leighking
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 3297

Post by Constantly Leighking »

MobitecICU wrote:
VOTE 1
Mercedes
for Moderator!
ill agree with that
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

How about Jeff Kennett, he loves public transport :twisted:
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

The Inspector wrote:How about Jeff Kennett, he loves public transport :twisted:

Perhaps Whizz bus is his guise :lol:
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Mercedes wrote:
The Inspector wrote:How about Jeff Kennett, he loves public transport :twisted:

Perhaps Whizz bus is his guise :lol:
I think Wizz Bus is already eyeing off the mod chair in the Queensland section! :wink:
MAN 16.242
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Post by MAN 16.242 »

I'd vote for Mercedes
T1248

Post by T1248 »

While not following the Melbourne section closely, Looking at john's posts it seems the last one was only about 10 days ago, and seems to be a pretty infrequent poster anyway, so he may still be around reading just not posting. Anyway I don't think you will get your wish anyway, as you may have noticed no Mod or Admin as posted in this thread. While they will eventually I imagine, it will probably be along the lines of John is still around just doesn't post often so until he resigns as mod we wont consider another mod for the Melbourne section. The admin team would have in mind a suitable replacement anyway although there is nothing like the general consensus anyway for a replacement.
Mysteriously Disappeared
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

I have contacted John and we'll be making an annoucement regarding the appointment of a new moderator in the VIC section shortly.
Job done.
Ray

Post by Ray »

I haven't been this excited since Big Brother eviction night.
Go Cats.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Ray wrote:I haven't been this excited since Big Brother eviction night.
The excitement seems to have fizzed.... or is that wizzed? (bus)
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Job done.

Return to “News & Administration”