[WA] Ex Transperth Renaults in Kal

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
actually

[WA] Ex Transperth Renaults in Kal

Post by actually »

Howdy all....heres ex TP 1065 Renault PR100.2 in Kalgoorlie. About 6 months ago, 11 Renaults went to Transgoldfields in Kalgoorlie. I went thru the depot while I was there and took some pics. The staff at Transgoldfields were very helpful in showing me around and I thank them.

Heres ex UQB 78.

Doing nothing suspicious at PATH Transit

-----its not a train set, its a model railway-----
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Thanks for doing the miles to get those pictures. They look good in the "Coca Cola" livery - except for the white "bib" at the front.
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Never even thought about seeing the day when a TP renault was leased out to another PTA contractor. The colour livery looks good however. Ty for the pics
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Not a contractor

Post by Guy_Arab »

loadabull wrote:Never even thought about seeing the day when a TP renault was leased out to another PTA contractor. The colour livery looks good however. Ty for the pics
As I have said before TransGoldfields Board is the Parent body of TransPerth Adminstration ,they unlike other operators of Transperth are not contractors. This was told to me by the old Manager .
Guy Arab
actually

Post by actually »

While I was there I was told of some changes taking place from the 1/1/07....I didnt quite understand exactly but the jist of it is the Transgoldfields board will come under direct control of the PTA or something like that and the employees of Transgoldfields will be entitled to free travel on the prossie..(and I would assume the Transwa coach too?).

I may have not understood exactly but Im pretty sure thats pretty close to the mark.

Herbert

Post by Herbert »

loadabull wrote:Never even thought about seeing the day when a TP renault was leased out to another PTA contractor.
These Renaults plus the three O405NHs (ex-1231-1233) have been officially disposed of from the Transperth fleet - so, unlike Pearl Town Bus Service, Swan, PATH & SCT, they aren't leased to EGTB/TransGoldfields.

But I get your point: who would have thought it was time to see Renaults go? Well, the oldest will turn 21 next March!
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Interesting Piont

Post by Guy_Arab »

actually wrote:While I was there I was told of some changes taking place from the 1/1/07....I didnt quite understand exactly but the jist of it is the Transgoldfields board will come under direct control of the PTA or something like that and the employees of Transgoldfields will be entitled to free travel on the prossie..(and I would assume the Transwa coach too?).

I may have not understood exactly but Im pretty sure thats pretty close to the mark.
You may be interested to know that the previous manager is now the manager of Transwa, so this may answer your question
The guy Arab MAN
actually

Post by actually »

Thanks for the info Guy_Arab. BTW...are you going to buy a sister for you bus? Those MAN buses are awaiting disposal I believe.

Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Interesting to note that they have fleet nos matching the last 3 digits of the regos - and by coincidence they are now numbered the same as their (older) Perth sisters.
Jasper
Favourite Vehicle: 720, 721, 676, 666, 1313, 1507

Post by Jasper »

Glen,

Great photos there, I'm hoping to go there soon to get them. Do they still have the old fleet numbers on them either outsise or inside?
actually

Post by actually »

Hi Evan
u can see some of the old fleetnumbers on the rear ends but otherwise it was the VIN. Most of the TC plates already matched up with the info on the fleetlists website via perthbus.info

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”