Bustech VST

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Set Down Only
Favourite Vehicle: Surfside 332

Bustech VST

Post by Set Down Only »

Can anyone who reads this forum that has pics of the Bustech VST bodied buses please send them to me. I am particularly interested in the 'middled door ones.
All colour schemes possible
Thanks
bunza

Post by bunza »

Here's something from the home of the VST!

728 at Helensvale Town Centre resting while the driver grabs some lunch

735 at Australia Fair on its way to either a meal break, or back home.

Though not two doors, this is the shot my avatar is based on - 870 also at Australia Fair commencing a route 5 to Coombabah. Rumour is this route will be renumbered 714 and be extended to Paradise Point when the remaining inland routes are "Translinkified".

All are Volvo B12BLE's. Some of the more "professional" photographers might be able to provide a few more shots. In the meantime, do a search and you've find a wide array of VST shots from around the country.

Then, of course, there's this shot: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16386
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

In the second photo what does it say on the side desto. :P
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
bunza

Post by bunza »

Exactly the same as the front desto: "NOT IN SERVICE"

It displayed perfectly, its just that my camera doesn't really like LED screens, haven't quite worked out why. At a guess I'd say it may be due to an AC current powering the display, and the LED's flicker on and off too quick for our eyes to notice.

Same thing happened in this shot:
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

bunza wrote:It displayed perfectly, its just that my camera doesn't really like LED screens, haven't quite worked out why. At a guess I'd say it may be due to an AC current powering the display, and the LED's flicker on and off too quick for our eyes to notice.
That sounds about right. A slower shutter speed usually solves this
bunza

Post by bunza »

Thanks for the tip, I take it that it works better in lower light due to the increased shutter speed.

I'll have a play with the priorities and see how I go - I can try it out on the Main Roads message board down the street from me that I've never been able to get a picture of. :P

B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

and the some times it turns out all right like this photo i took at dandenong station

Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
Set Down Only
Favourite Vehicle: Surfside 332

Post by Set Down Only »

What Surfside bus numbers have middle doors?
bunza

Post by bunza »

721-735 are the only VST's to have middle doors and side destos, they've only been delivered this year.

Theres a few other buses here and there in the fleet that have middle doors.
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

About a third of the Surfside fleet has middle doors, for the most part jack-knife or single-leaf glideaway doors.

All O400's except 621 and all O405's except 605 have them, all CC550 bodied O405NH's too, and a bunch of other miscellaneous older Volvos and Mercs. They also converted quite a few second-hand buses to single door only when they got them.

613 is the only bus of which I'm aware that has an actual rear door as opposed to a centre door.

None of the Bustech low floors (i.e. the generation before the VST) have them except 619, which was inherited from another operator and is laid out more like a Custom Coaches 550.

They have gone back to single entrance VST buses now from 736 onwards, unless that was only a one-off.
Elvis has left the building!
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

SM247 wrote: ...except 619, which was inherited from another operator and is laid out more like a Custom Coaches 550.
Unsure about the interior, but this was inherited (probably around July/Aug of 2000) from Carbridge from its Sydney Airport bus operations.
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

619 has only 5 seats in the wheelchair area and doesn't have the symmetrical seating layout on the other Bustechs, plus the interior panelling is yellow instead of blue (i.e. not VST blue everything, but O405NH blue panelling and yellow fittings)
Elvis has left the building!

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”