Egged Video Singing Staff.

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Egged Video Singing Staff.

Post by Swift »

I found this on my travels in Your tube land.
A jolly bunch at Egged. Can you imagine this in an Australian bus operation?
https://youtu.be/YQ93zypAU48?si=23q0RKWKjEGNh0Cb
Favourite Vehicle: MB O404 MB OC500

Re: Egged Video Singing Staff.

Post by 846 »

I work for Egged for the last 30 years...
This song was Written by Egged drivers and traffic crews in Metropolitan Haifa district of Egged which id made of three branches: Hof Carmel ( Carmel shore), Neve Shanan- a neighborhood in haifa & Krayot - Haifa's norther's suburbs.

it talks about the commitment of everybody to give good service to the passengers, for many decades, the family atmosphere at all the branches, The dream to become a member In Egged transportation Cooperative,
The driving on modern buses such as Volvo or MAN.
And all other aspects of driving buses and running public transport services for the people.

1959:
https://jfc.org.il/en/news_journal/59443-2/93468-2/
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Egged Video Singing Staff.

Post by Swift »

I appreciate the background information you're able to provide and the translation!

I'm figuring the staff singing in the video are lip synching their own prerecorded voice done in a recording studio.
We can only dream of this level of passion and pride within any Australian organisation. Those drivers were real characters and you can sense how it's all kept going thanks to all the dedication of the staff.

After seeing the archive film showing the front wheel of a Leyland Worldmaster, I'm reminded of a very early childhood memory seeing that silver Leyland hubcap on a bus across the street which was likely a rebody Worldmaster ex Adelaide chassis.

To revive another powerful childhood bus memory, I managed to finally obtain a rear Leyland hubcap all the way from Israel for the express purpose of attaching a hubodometer just as I remember seeing on Leyland Leopards. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me drilling a hole in the centre of this artefact in order to fit it on.
It came with a very crooked rim which I successfully hammered back into a round shape, bar a small fracture on the edge which I can repair with epoxy.

Do you recognise the paint on it? I will soon polish it up and repaint the coloured bits.
IMG_20231118_230916_copy_992x560.jpg
IMG_20231118_220748_copy_992x560.jpg

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”