RIP Fleet Lists

News and comments about this board.
Linto63

RIP Fleet Lists

Post by Linto63 »

Lourie Smit 5.09.1937 - 12.02.2024

After an involvement with the ATDB of 20 years, and as I understand, a founding member, Fleet Lists made his final post two days before passing.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: RIP Fleet Lists

Post by Merc1107 »

May he Rest in Peace.

His contribution to the upkeep of the board has been appreciated by many.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Vale Mr Smit :cry:

We will never forget your contribution and dedication to this board and website.

:cry:
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

May have sold Fleet Lists' contributions a bit short. Apparently he was also an active member of the Yahoo Group that was the predecessor of this board and with his IT background, was the architect of the fleet lists that many of us still regularly refer to today
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Linto63 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 pm May have sold Fleet Lists' contributions a bit short. Apparently he was also an active member of the Yahoo Group that was the predecessor of this board and with his IT background, was the architect of the fleet lists that many of us still regularly refer to today
Add to that an amazing achievement & passion project that the whole ATDB Fleet-lists is, nothing has ever come close to it or will it. I hope deep down Fleet-lists knew we all appreciated it & loved contributing to it.

rest in peace Fleet-lists, Thank you very much for all your tireless work & numerous contributions over the years.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:07 pm
Linto63 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 pm May have sold Fleet Lists' contributions a bit short. Apparently he was also an active member of the Yahoo Group that was the predecessor of this board and with his IT background, was the architect of the fleet lists that many of us still regularly refer to today
Add to that an amazing achievement & passion project that the whole ATDB Fleet-lists is, nothing has ever come close to it or will it. I hope deep down Fleet-lists knew we all appreciated it & loved contributing to it.

rest in peace Fleet-lists, Thank you very much for all your tireless work & numerous contributions over the years.
Let’s hope this board and website can continue to last for many years to come.

It’s sad how members past away :cry:

Maybe we can have a memorial thread with all the users that has past away. Fleet list always cared about the users on this board and always first to pass on condolences to lost ones.
robert

Post by robert »

Lourie was always most helpful to me, whenever I contacted him, mostly with matters relating to my website, sydneybusroutes.com.

He also had close contacts with TfNSW and its predecessors in relation to the accuracy and format of public timetables on the web. He must have devoted a good proportion of his time to matters on the ATDB and related lists of bus fleets. We owe him a big round of applause for his efforts.

Robert Henderson
For information about private & Government bus routes in Sydney, look at http://www.sydneybusroutes.com

Return to “News & Administration”