Re: Ferry Observations 2023

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Randomness wrote: Haylen of course was in front of cameras talking about getting a quality Australian built product which i’d wager will mean disaster for the project.
Given that the last locally built serries, the Incat built Emeralds, entered service with minimal problems while the oversas built examples had loads of problems, wouldn't be so sure.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

I know, RDM did build the Brisbane and I think Captain Cook’s Ferries from memory. I’m just poking fun at how everything she seems to touch seems to turn into a disaster.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Linto63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am
Randomness wrote: Haylen of course was in front of cameras talking about getting a quality Australian built product which i’d wager will mean disaster for the project.
Given that the last locally built serries, the Incat built Emeralds, entered service with minimal problems while the oversas built examples had loads of problems, wouldn't be so sure.
I may be cynical, but E2s have not had many reported problems since the election?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Randomness wrote: I’m just poking fun at how everything she seems to touch seems to turn into a disaster.
Most, but not all, of the disasters to which the transport minister has had to address, were not of her doing. By all means go to town on her when a cock-up occurs after a decision made on her watch, but the problems that have beset region 10, Rozelle Interchange etc were made before her time.
boronia wrote: I may be cynical, but E2s have not had many reported problems since the election?
Probably because, as with most teething troubles, they have been ironed out.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”