What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

tbohlsennswssrg

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by tbohlsennswssrg »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:I haven't looked into the Youtube channel filter much but is it possible to set up a filter so anything with a hyperlink get's sent to the review bin for the channel operator / owner to take a look at? Maybe for premiers they get auto deleted?
For comments you can have it set that you have to review all comments, for chat in premieres you will have to have moderators for that.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Went into my local Woolies and then Coles in Katoomba and the toilet paper shelves are empty again !!#$!

p.s. - and these people vote !!
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

A majority of the "Mirror" casting applications on IOS are a joke, you either get an application that is marked as free, download and then run it only to find you can't continue without going on some bogus trial first, the others that don't paywall can't even detect your smart TV because their so poorly developed. my Smart TV is connected to the same WI-FI network as my phone, how can it not be detecting it?

Why is it when I go to do something so simple it never works out?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Centralian wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:04 pm Went into my local Woolies and then Coles in Katoomba and the toilet paper shelves are empty again !!#$!

Disgusting idiots.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Centralian wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:04 pm Went into my local Woolies and then Coles in Katoomba and the toilet paper shelves are empty again !!#$!

And breed!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

If the state of NSW goes into a hardened lockdown (Which seems likely) we can expect this BS (no other way I can nicely put it) to continue happening. It'll be COVID-lockdown 1 all over again and they'll be mad dashes to every store, hoarders & greedy people will try to buy up all the stock then flog it off on Ebay, Gumtree, FBM for 5 times the retail price. The various industries will say there is no need to be alarmed and there is no shortage of supplies but the people will not listen and this will continue.

If COVID happened 20 years ago, I'm sure society back then would've made sure there was enough supplies left for everyone and if someone didn't have any it would've been a mission to ensure they get said supplies as soon as possible. Now days it's "Got mine, your loss". Sometimes I dislike being in the current world because people have literally gotten greedy & most have grown only to think of themselves. (Hence why we're further in this mess, people flouted social distancing measures and still flocked off to events when they shouldn't have and don't get me started on the nutcases who still think this is fake, when you watch a close or loved one die from this, that should send a huge wake up call that this isn't fake & perhaps you need to be taking this more seriously.)

This is being said someone below the age of 30. When someone still young is saying this, this is not a good look at all.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:13 pm A majority of the "Mirror" casting applications on IOS are a joke, you either get an application that is marked as free, download and then run it only to find you can't continue without going on some bogus trial first, the others that don't paywall can't even detect your smart TV because their so poorly developed. my Smart TV is connected to the same WI-FI network as my phone, how can it not be detecting it?

Why is it when I go to do something so simple it never works out?
This is mainly because Apple, being Special Snowflakes, don't support the Miracast standard that most TVs use. They'd much rather you buy an Apple TV and use Airplay.

(In fairness, if you buy a Google branded phone, they don't support Miracast either, they only support using a Chromecast. However, many other Android phones, such as most of the Samsung range, do support Miracast.)
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well previously I was using an application that worked fine for casting content from your IOS mobile device to an Android TV (without the need of additional accessories) but when I tried using that recently the application would just crash to the homescreen as soon as I tried to cast a photo, tried searching in the application store to see if it needed an update, couldn't find the specific application so looks like it's no longer supported.

the rest of the story is pretty much history, fake casting applications that just simply don't work or are poorly designed. You'd think for something so simple it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to get it working. I've had no trouble with casting content on my Iphone to the TV If I was to watch Youtube for example but apparently wanting to cast 1 photo is asking for too much. *sigh*
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

The tiny minority of people from the big cities spreading covid, It annoys me when one of the two big cities stuffs themselves up. People like me who live in the border communities have to pay the price. Its just so wrong. Would be better if Gladys builds a ring of steel around sydney and all other areas where interurban railway lines operate to.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And Daniel Andrews around Melbourne?
Living in the Shire.
MotorOmnibus8562

Would also be good in case the outbreak gets worse.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:08 pm The tiny minority of people from the big cities spreading covid, It annoys me when one of the two big cities stuffs themselves up. People like me who live in the border communities have to pay the price. Its just so wrong. Would be better if Gladys builds a ring of steel around sydney and all other areas where interurban railway lines operate to.
That’s a large part of the state. Your ring of steel idea would stop residents that live in Nowra and other towns south of the Shoalhaven river from accessing train services from Bomaderry station witch is at the south eastern end of the interurban network.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

That Scott Morrison has to me has now become Australia's worst prime minister, even surpassing Whitlam, Keating & Hawke as the worst.
It's YOUNG and free.

That Gladys didn't cancel Sydney's fireworks.

To all those motorists: TURN YA HIGH BEAM LIGHTS OFF!

And next time, cover ya mouth when ya cough.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
MotorOmnibus8562

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:08 pm
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:08 pm The tiny minority of people from the big cities spreading covid, It annoys me when one of the two big cities stuffs themselves up. People like me who live in the border communities have to pay the price. Its just so wrong. Would be better if Gladys builds a ring of steel around sydney and all other areas where interurban railway lines operate to.
That’s a large part of the state. Your ring of steel idea would stop residents that live in Nowra and other towns south of the Shoalhaven river from accessing train services from Bomaderry station witch is at the south eastern end of the interurban network.
I wpuld always think about the communities too. The ring stops 50km from the interurban train stations
Nowra will be included in My Ring of steel idea as well as all the other towns 50km Away.

I figured with my ring of steel, i would include places like the blue mountains, Wollongong and batemans bay, Central coast and Newcastle and hunter region area. I remember living in Penrith and going to school in Springwood when i was little, and some of my friends in my class also lived in Penrith so if students were going to school in Springwood and one of the edges of the ring of steel had a checkpoint they wouldn't have to worry about anything.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:28 pm That Scott Morrison has to me has now become Australia's worst prime minister, even surpassing Whitlam, Keating & Hawke as the worst.
It's YOUNG and free.
I agree with you there, Newcastle Flyer - I hated the thought of it being changed when Gladys mentioned it.... I think we should all kick both of them out when we can in the next State/Federal Elections and make sure our next PM changes it back to "Young and Free" when they're elected!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Newcastle Flyer

Advance Australia Fair

Re Advance Australia Fair

https://tinyurl.com/yc4wtpge
QUOTE from that link
"The Australian National Anthem should not be modified and alternative words should not be used."
END QUOTE from above link
Of course he's only done this, to get more votes from certain minorities as their maybe a federal election due this year.

Where was the referendum to ask ALL Australians if they wanted to change it or not?

Their is one word that represents ALL Australians - Australians

No matter what though a small group of a minority won't be happy unless it's completely changed.

Compared to other nations, Australia IS young and free.

PS: And Mungo man was first.

EDIT: Oh here we go, told ya so, now some are saying it's not enough.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

I think a referendum would show a majority of people agreeing - it’s not a huge change
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Newcastle Flyer

^ Lt Commander Data, an A Current Affair pole, did a poll if you supported the poll. 66% said no they did not support the change.
White lives matter too.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:24 pm ^ Lt Commander Data, an A Current Affair pole, did a poll if you supported the poll. 66% said no they did not support the change.
Unfortunately it is all too easy to skew the results of a survey by not using appropriate sampling methods. Given ACA have a long history of stirring up controversy over nothing, I'd say they would have deliberately surveyed a group of people who would be more likely to disagree with the change.

Other examples of poor sampling skewing results are things like the political polls. How many times have they been completely off the mark prior to an election?
Newcastle Flyer

I'm only going what ACA said.
The poll was conducted on their Instagram page, where people were/are able to vote, not ACA surveying a group of people.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Weather on the weekend couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not, instead staying dark and nasty in the sky with the feeling a thunderstorm would be coming but never did.

My Iphones battery. Need to replace it but it's probably more worthwhile to replace it with a new phone than replace the battery (it's a bit old to be honest)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Not much better south of the border where it's pushing 40°C today (weather says: La Niña be damned, let's point a giant fan-forced heater towards Victoria, turn it up to 11 and watch 'em burn anyway!)

The house did not go below 23 overnight, I think I got about half an hour of sleep if I even fell asleep at all. Not helped by a fleet of rumbling, clattering dump trucks going to and from the several nearby construction sites all morning coinciding with apartments mushrooming up all over the place (which after half a year of almost complete silence due to no-one building anything or going anywhere due to COVID-19, combined with Melbourne's stage 4 lockdown, the noise of trucks rumbling past every five minutes takes a bit of getting used to again). The sound is almost like having a group of people doing laps around your house hauling empty wheelie bins with all the lids rattling (coincidentally, today was also rubbish collection day but that was finished by 6AM).

This morning a fairly large false widow (steatoda) spider also wanted to say hi by walking over my big toe. I think I was completely frozen in place for at least thirty seconds before racing to get a glass and a piece of paper! As it was only 5:50AM with not much light coming into the house I didn't know what it was, so my first reaction was that it was a redback since it was the same size as one. It was only when I put the glass on it and turned the light on that I noticed it was completely black and the back was not the usual teardrop shape redbacks have. The spider now lives on the other side of the road away from bare feet, which was better than the other options being Raid, squishing it or giving it a royal flush.
Newcastle Flyer

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:55 amMy Iphones battery. Need to replace it but it's probably more worthwhile to replace it with a new phone than replace the battery (it's a bit old to be honest)
I thought most phones, etc don't come with rechargeable batteries - for obvious reasons.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nah it's the built in Li-on battery or whatever they call it. Only good for couple thousand recharges before it starts to lose capacity & no longer hold a proper charge.

I regret going to the random mall kiosk I did a long time ago when I first got this phone as they must've stuck the nastiest cheapest battery in when I got it replaced but don't worry I paid $70 or so for that. Never again. I'd be better doing DIY myself but as this is my primary phone with my data on it and I'm unexperienced it's probably not recommended, just leave it up to the people who know what their doing.

I'm planning to jump to an Iphone X when they come down in price around the $500 or less mark for 128GB at a minimum.
Newcastle Flyer

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:57 pmNah it's the built in Li-on battery or whatever they call it. Only good for couple thousand recharges before it starts to lose capacity & no longer hold a proper charge.
And just think of the money saved if it was an item with a removable battery.

Of course they do that so you have to buy a complete item.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”