What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Douglas »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:42 pm This reminds me honestly of the post a saw a couple of months ago on another discussion website where a few local Coles were getting rid of their delis completely, whether they were smaller stores or not I can't exactly remember.
This is what they did with the Westfield Geelong Coles store, there's no deli but there's a variety of deli sliced stuff in smallish quantities (half dozen or so slices, I guess it depends on the product) near where it used to be.

On the other hand, the even smaller Belmont High Street Coles store still has its deli - go figure.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Condemning a driver over early running is very harsh. It's the department's fault for adding unnecessary slack to the stupid timetables.

There are a small of number drivers that will stick to the speed limit religiously, and no coercing will change this. Check out the timetable for the Adelaide to Salisbury train substitutes. Almost every bus doing a GA2/GA3 tends to arrive Mawson Interchange 5-10 minutes early. Then has to sit there taking it out with passengers pestering them, over the fact that they're concerned they'll miss their train.

The motto in Adelaide with train timetables is 'one size fits all'. Even the Outer Harbor line has over 15 minutes of slack at night. Timepoints about every kilometre or so on average.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Douglas wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 pm On the other hand, the even smaller Belmont High Street Coles store still has its deli - go figure.
I know of a Coles that is one of those small shopping centre in a 85% residential neighborhood, it was formally BI-LO and transitioned to Coles branding after 2012 I believe. It's one of those Coles that doesn't have it's own bakery or something as It's never stocked the full range of Coles products like Donuts for example but stocks other things like Coles own Breadrolls, bread, biscuits etc. Just this year they've gone under a Deli renovation and local residents at the time were concerned that with it being a smaller Coles and this happening at the same time Coles was conducting trials for prepacked deli products that this would spell the end for the Deli. Thankfully it didn't. Actually despite this being a small Coles it has self service checkouts, I've been to a few Woolworths that would be the equivalent of this Coles and they still have staffed checkouts, no self service.

The rest of the store layout is mostly the same, The green / yellow stripes you use to see in BI-LO supermarkets walls are long gone, everything is bright red now. I think near the Deli they use to have a few coloured Lino tiles but don't believe that is there anymore. Just the small details I remember, nothing exciting. This is one of two BI-LO's I remember that have been converted, the other is now where an ALDI store went in the last 3 years. Even with the renovations of that store I can still pin point where the old Bakery was, where the DELI there was, fruit and veg section (which is now occupied with a Best & Less) I was a kid when that BI-LO was still around and don't seem to recall many customers in that store despite it being next door to a KMART, literally less than a minute walk. Fun fact, after BI-LO went defunct it actually converted to Foodworks for a year or two then shut down at some point and not sure what occupied that space after Foodworks closing & ALDI opening as I didn't really get to visit there for a good while.

I've probably rambled on more than what I needed too but couldn't help myself, just needed to share my memories of the Supermarkets from the past.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• Companies bowing down to the PC Brigade & going to change names of two of their products.
• A company bowing down to Steven Hagan to change the name of Coon cheese.

• Q&A especially the host. The host deliberately interrupts anyone from the right, and allows others to interrupt people from the right.

And it's obvious that some of the audience and questions are "plants".

The host before Hamish McDonald spent too much time on one question. Fran Kelly when she was hosting a few at least tried to get more questions in.

• Liberal TV, um ur I mean Skynews.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm
We need something as a panacea to all the left wing sympathetic media.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Swift wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm
Newcastle Flyer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm
We need something as a panacea to all the left wing sympathetic media.
Yes, this also applies to the right.

I try to get news from many different TV news like ABC, 7, 9, DW, Algerazeera and any english speaking news to try to get the truth. :D
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

SA about to go back into several months of 'lockdown' due to a tiny number of virus cases that are almost zero compared to March and August.

Much appreciated, China!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I don't know about SA population but If a lockdown was to happen I'd also be fearing the ... questionable people will come from whatever place they crawl from to protest Anti lockdown, Anti Masks, you name it. Before you know it there's another 50+ cases because someone in attendance at said protest had the virus but acted like it was no biggie, coughed or their droplets from their mouth got onto another person and now someone else has it and another person and so fourth.

Further thanks would be going to them ruining hopes of any decent progress in smashing COVID. Melbourne looks to be going okay for now but even I still don't know how they managed to survive given how much we were hearing about protests. I can't believe these people exist in society around us, I know there's always going to be questionable people but how you'd stoop this low is beyond me.

One thing I'd like to question said people about is if there's a bunch of people getting sick (and dying from this) then what on earth do they think people are catching if they don't think it's real?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Your message contains too few characters.
Okay forum, give me a chance to write, um ur type the post.

• No, no that is not the way to do it mister. Please put your mask on before you cough a few times, not after. Had to move again!
• The Sydney budget, um ur NSW budget - it seems to be mostly reannouncements times multiple "re-s".
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

So the head of transport gets the sack for buying land at camellia for light rail depot what the transport minister would have to sign off on it ! Same as health minister doesn't get to go to court over RUBY PRINCESS BUT HEAD OF HEALTH GETS GRILLED IN THAT CASE WHY DO WE HAVE A MINISTER are they untouchable now!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The continual ATM culling by the major banks. Two more Commonwealth Bank ATMs are being removed from Eastland Shopping Centre, leaving just the bank branch itself and its rivals, which are conveniently hidden in the far depths of the shopping centre and AFAIK off-limits to the public after about 5 or 6PM as the security fence everything off except for the access to Coles and Woolworths. Actually, I lie, AFAIK NAB and its ATMs can still be accessed as long as Coles isn't closed, since they're in that part of the centre, but I haven't tried. Not counting NAB, that just leaves one ATM from the big four banks, a solitary ANZ ATM near Coles (or if you're with Westpac, a Bank of Melbourne ATM half way between both supermarkets).

Ringwood itself, not counting Eastland or the smaller Ringwood Square Shopping Centre (which has one solitary CBA ATM which is frequently out of order since it's the only zero-cost one left outside Eastland), still has nothing but a pair of $2.50-per-use Bendigo Bank ATMs. Who knows how long they will last before some bright spark at the "better" Big Bank decides it would be more fun to move the branch inside the 9-5 part of Eastland with the other banks. Or maybe not, because they are making a killing in profits from rival ATM fees that the other banks dropped years ago.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I simply won't use ATMs that charge a fee. Not that I'll even have the right to walk to one freely for at least 3 months in this nanny state.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

There's a takeaway I've started visiting near work that has an ATM but it's one of those unbranded ones that probably charges a fee of some sort, I don't know how much but I refuse to touch those things with my 10 foot pole. Said takeaway is only taking cash even in the current timeline, not sure if I can blame them or not as I've never looked into the fees for Eftpos terminals.

I'm not getting charged a fee just to get a small amount out for lunch, bugger that honestly. Guess in the end it does give me an excuse to cut down on the takeaway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gumtree for allowing Scalpers, even after reports have been filed, as the old saying goes "money talks & walks", unless it's affecting the companies bottom line or their interests then they won't do anything even if in their TOS they explicitly state it's not allowed. I feel bad for the people getting fleeced and paying more than what they should and these companies sit back and go "no problem here chief".

A bit annoyed the traffic reports on the radio this afternoon didn't mention heavy traffic that took 20 minutes to get through instead of the usual 5 - 10 it takes to get through that area when there isn't any delays.

I was watching an documentary or rather exposé from a Youtuber who did a video calling out these fake animal rescue videos, despite the Youtuber (who had a 300K+ subscriber base I think) telling TeamYoutube about these fake channels & how they were putting animals In danger & sadly killing them for monetary gain, Youtube chose to sit back and do the usual bugger all but decided it would be perfectly acceptable to put an age restriction on the exposé video (even through said Youtuber censored the objected content). The fake animal rescue channels clearly show dead animals themselves uncensored according to the exposé Youtuber and Youtube clearly has no problem allowing it. That is just sickening and poor from Youtube but what better did I expect from a Billion dollar technology company that's always making it hard for smaller youtubers but let's the big guys get away with everything under the sun even if again it is against the platforms TOS.
Newcastle Flyer

• The bus driver today that was 4+ minutes early, making me miss the bus.
White lives matter too.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

TA3001 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm SA about to go back into several months of 'lockdown' due to a tiny number of virus cases that are almost zero compared to March and August.

Much appreciated, China!
Did you mean to type 3 days?

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health- ... -c-1616975
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Well then, the fact that some guy had the audacity to lie about purchasing a pizza, and thus threw an entire state into lockdown. Seriously, in this time and crisis? Bloody hell...
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I want to see his face as well as the war criminal soldiers.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:11 pm
TA3001 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm SA about to go back into several months of 'lockdown' due to a tiny number of virus cases that are almost zero compared to March and August.

Much appreciated, China!
Did you mean to type 3 days?

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health- ... -c-1616975
That was when S.A. government announced the 6 day lockdown, it was changed to a couple of days as the outbreak is being contained.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:44 pm Well then, the fact that some guy had the audacity to lie about purchasing a pizza, and thus threw an entire state into lockdown. Seriously, in this time and crisis? Bloody hell...
He needs to be dealt with the the full extent of the law - ignore what the SA Emergency Management Act says and get him before a court..... he doesn't deserve to be out on the streets. If you or I did that, we would be handcuffed and thrown into a jail cell
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Apparently he had vague reasoning behind his misinformation, from what I read. But just happened to be in the wrong position at the worst possible time.

Now he faces a hefty sentence of public retaliation and requiring extreme discretion when undertaking daily activities for many months/years to come. Was he the one responsible for the virus coming to Australia initially? No.

Sure he did something selfish. But it shouldn't warrant a life time of condemnation and harrassment. Child molesters and even terrorists sometimes get off lighter than this fella will. I'm not condoning his actions. But the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Swift

Post by Swift »

A well thought out answer 3001.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The guy who did it is a Spanish national, and his visa expires in December, so he doesn't really have to worry too much about the coming "months/years to come".
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

In response to the above, I just visualised the one responsible as being a raw image on a suspect wall with a question mark to identify them.

I didn't take into account any other details whatsoever, as the individual is of no importance to me whatsoever.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Near daily thunderstorms in this joke of a state.

150 decibels is a little excessive for my ears on such a frequent basis. Anyway, **** off both November, and December. Bring on January.

And this! What next? A marshall warning whites of a dark skin fella being present?
Img036.jpg
Newcastle Flyer

• To the motorist the other day, "FIX YOUR EXHAUST PIPE"!

Biden has already shown he'll pick race and/or females over the best person.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”