Mercedes Benz O305/7 starting issue

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
BembokaO305

Mercedes Benz O305/7 starting issue

Post by BembokaO305 »

Hi all, I'm trying to move an old MB305 for a friend and it refuses to turn over. We have put two good batteries in it, pushed in the key and pushed the start button. The centre relay/solenoid clicks (quite audible) but nothing else. Is there any other master kill switch that may be the problem? It was running okay about 12 months ago apparently. The park brake is engaged and gear shift is in neutral. Are there any other safety checks which might be stopping it? Thanks Paul, Bemboka NSW
BembokaO305

Re: Mercedes Benz O305/7 starting issue

Post by BembokaO305 »

And a related question, do these buses use a positive earth electrical system? I have connected the two batteries to the bus according to the colour of the terminals .... ie red connected to positive end of battery. But this cable seems to go straight to a large solenoid and from that solenoid the other cable is attached to the chassis .... thoughts?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Check for a safety isolation switch on the engine hatch. Some buses won't start if this is open. or not closed properly.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

IF YOU REQUIRE A WIRING DATA CONTACT ME I SEND IT FREE
GUY ARAB tram1one@bigpond.com
BembokaO305

Post by BembokaO305 »

Thanks boronia, I'll check that out. Email sent Guy, thanks.
BembokaO305

Post by BembokaO305 »

Anyone on here currently driving one of these around? Especially if it's not too modified... I would love to able to talk through the details with you.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”