What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Now that is terrible road maintenance.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 pm Now that is terrible road maintenance.
:lol: :lol:
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

This:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... E1pWLXuDOw

Not too surprised, its our war against nature.....
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am This:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... E1pWLXuDOw

Not too surprised, its our war against nature.....
Interesting thought but I still don't trust the Chinese.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Phone companies, I'm trying to transfer my mobile # to a different provider and it has been nothing but a living nightmare so far and will probably continue to be. For something that looks simple on paper, it's actually a living nightmare. The operators aren't helpful and are very hard to understand, the hold music sounds like nails against a chalkboard and no one wants to help.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm Phone companies, I'm trying to transfer my mobile # to a different provider and it has been nothing but a living nightmare so far and will probably continue to be. For something that looks simple on paper, it's actually a living nightmare. The operators aren't helpful and are very hard to understand, the hold music sounds like nails against a chalkboard and no one wants to help.
When Telecom Australia's monopoly was broken up in the 1990s, new kid Optus (before the chongs bought it) went out of their way to make a splash with exceedingly courteous staff and red carpet treatment to prospective customers etc etc etc. Now it's just a whole bunch of arrogant providers piggy backing on two or three networks. They're all worms.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Big Engine Mechanic

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm Phone companies, I'm trying to transfer my mobile # to a different provider and it has been nothing but a living nightmare so far and will probably continue to be. For something that looks simple on paper, it's actually a living nightmare. The operators aren't helpful and are very hard to understand, the hold music sounds like nails against a chalkboard and no one wants to help.
I can totally understand. I'm not sure who it is or if it's a tele marketer but someone keeps calling me on a private number inbetween 1 and 5 in the morning, some I don't get the chance to answer and some when I answer all I can hear is heavy breathing "non sexual.
Big Engine Mechanic

Swift wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:04 pm
When Telecom Australia's monopoly was broken up in the 1990s, new kid Optus (before the chongs bought it) went out of their way to make a splash with exceedingly courteous staff and red carpet treatment to prospective customers etc etc etc. Now it's just a whole bunch of arrogant providers piggy backing on two or three networks. They're all worms.
I totally agree.
Big Engine Mechanic

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:09 pm
I can totally understand. I'm not sure who it is or if it's a tele marketer but someone keeps calling me on a private number inbetween 1 and 5 in the morning, some I don't get the chance to answer and some when I answer all I can hear is heavy breathing "non sexual.
It's funny when you start laughing, whoever it is sounds like their breathing patterns get angry :lol:
Attachments
b4fdd5d4a95811c70cec1db1c1130389_400x400.jpeg
b4fdd5d4a95811c70cec1db1c1130389_400x400.jpeg (31.22 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
92142bb86b68f3ea4f1713a8bfe2465b--pissed-off-funny-things.jpg
92142bb86b68f3ea4f1713a8bfe2465b--pissed-off-funny-things.jpg (13.17 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Windows defender holding my removable drives hostage by not allowing me to safely eject them even after temporary disabling windows defender... sigh.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Big Engine Mechanic

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm Windows defender holding my removable drives hostage by not allowing me to safely eject them even after temporary disabling windows defender... sigh.
HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm Windows defender holding my removable drives hostage by not allowing me to safely eject them even after temporary disabling windows defender... sigh.
'Welcome to Microsoft! The company where we push our stuff on you and dictate what happens to your own drives, and your consumer choices don't mean crap!"

Yeah, while on Windows; my Dad was getting the s&#t's with them when he thought he had lost his project because his Win 10 laptop just decided to start the automatic update without any prompt and restarted the computer. That was the last straw on that computer with me and I leaped into the registry to disable the automatic updates, since Microsoft had deliberately ridded that option from the average user's eye.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Big Engine Mechanic

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:40 pm
'Welcome to Microsoft! The company where we push our stuff on you and dictate what happens to your own drives, and your consumer choices don't mean crap!"

Yeah, while on Windows; my Dad was getting the s&#t's with them when he thought he had lost his project because his Win 10 laptop just decided to start the automatic update without any prompt and restarted the computer. That was the last straw on that computer with me and I leaped into the registry to disable the automatic updates, since Microsoft had deliberately ridded that option from the average user's eye.
HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
MotorOmnibus8562

• People that vandalise currently under constructed footpaths.
  • People that own dogs that leave their gates open, and also the dog being let free because of the gate being open
  • People that pretend that the pandemic is over even though it clearly isn't. Kind of feel sorry that Dan had to reintroduce lockdowns for those suburbs in the COVID hotspots which is quite a bummer for those who did the right thing :(
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
scott

Post by scott »

An iconic attraction in my area, Carribean Gardens market closing permanently, they say it is unviable to reopen. Used to be able to walk out with some bootleg DVD's in a brown paper bag.
Big Engine Mechanic

I'm starting to wonder if bus drivers hate police and if they do they are obviously doing something wrong like driving under the influence etc, or people that know more about the engine they are controlling than them, it's a bit susspect. Police help out good people I am 100% sure of that.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

If you have some sort of gripe with bus drivers, why are you here?
Big Engine Mechanic

busrider wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm If you have some sort of gripe with bus drivers, why are you here?
I don't I like bus drivers alot, they seem to have a gripe with me. I've worked on there engines. Oh and I've found my M44 friend I was looking for. Just because people have differences of opinions and there are plenty on this website doesn't mean they have a gripe. 2 of my brother's own a bus company and 1 other is a private bus driver. You can't say anything thease days without someone being offended.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Good Grief! some of the people on Facebook commenting on the local papers Facebook page are questionable people to say the least, every time something "COVID" comes up it is the same cesspool of people commenting again, again and again that this is all a hoax, it is fake and everyone is immune to it and the government is using this to control people.

This is probably one of the few times I'd be for the media to block these idiots off their pages to prevent misinformation but then they will just go ahead & proclaim their the ones in the right and are being censored unfairly.
Big Engine Mechanic

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:25 pm Good Grief! some of the people on Facebook commenting on the local papers Facebook page are questionable people to say the least, every time something "COVID" comes up it is the same cesspool of people commenting again, again and again that this is all a hoax, it is fake and everyone is immune to it and the government is using this to control people.

This is probably one of the few times I'd be for the media to block these idiots off their pages to prevent misinformation but then they will just go ahead & proclaim their the ones in the right and are being censored unfairly.
Older people and people with weaker immune systems are not immune to pneumonia that's what it is, not the government controlling us China purposely disrupting the world economy.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

busrider wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm If you have some sort of gripe with bus drivers, why are you here?
They're not above reproach. You can still be into transport and disagree with the actions of some bus drivers.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Big Engine Mechanic

Swift wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:08 pm
They're not above reproach. You can still be into transport and disagree with the actions of some bus drivers.
Exactly, I agree.
MotorOmnibus8562

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:25 pm Good Grief! some of the people on Facebook commenting on the local papers Facebook page are questionable people to say the least, every time something "COVID" comes up it is the same cesspool of people commenting again, again and again that this is all a hoax, it is fake and everyone is immune to it and the government is using this to control people.

Wait till you can't breathe properly and your sick for at least two weeks, then you'll know what it feels like to have the virus.

I actually never gotten the virus mainly because there was no one to get it from but i was sick recently, I have been able to breathe though, apparently it might have been a stress reaction for me. I've been making sure i can breathe to make sure i don't have the virus because the coronavirus mainly affects your respitory system. So therefore when i was sick i didn't get tested because the virus is a respiratory disease...
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic

Always at least one or many on the bus
Attachments
the-crackhead-on-the-bus-when-i-accidentally-look-at-him-YtPZ4.jpg
the-crackhead-on-the-bus-when-i-accidentally-look-at-him-YtPZ4.jpg (29.56 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MotorOmnibus8562

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 pm
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:36 pm
Wait till you can't breathe properly and your sick for at least two weeks, then you'll know what it feels like to have the virus.

I actually never gotten the virus mainly because there was no one to get it from but i was sick recently, I have been able to breathe though, apparently it might have been a stress reaction for me. I've been making sure i can breathe to make sure i don't have the virus because the coronavirus mainly affects your respitory system. So therefore when i was sick i didn't get tested because the virus is a respiratory disease...
I've had Pneumomia 4 times and each time it went on for months.
At least ot wasn't the coronavirus hey
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”