Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
hillsbus

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Post by hillsbus »

Link is here but you still have to press search at bottom of page to get the document

https://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/House- ... -Petitions
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Also noticed that the 840 series and 863 and 864 are being remembered 801-805. This conflicts with the buses that LinkSA run out of Tea Tree Plaza interestingly!
jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:Cheers AdMet75. Interesting read!

Looks like very big changes on the way.

Also the 560 seems to have been removed completely as well as the 224. Alot of changes to through routing too it seems.

Interesting the 1 (J1) will finish at the Airport now so no direct bus from the City to West Beach.
Possibly the new 60c Glenelg to City Route to cover Glenelg North and West beach? Next month will give us a better idea when Adelaide Metro release more details.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Having a look through the document, their initial ideas for simplification are well beyond what I might've anticipated (I spent a couple of nights this past weekend trying to decipher timetables for the O-Bahn... I nearly got a headache!). There can be no mistaking how they intend to fund more GoZones with these changes.

What will be interesting to see is how much their proposals change in response to community feedback, for instance, instead of the 721 becoming the 21, 21L, 21X & 21N, could it simply function as a full-time, limited stops service and another route provide frequent, all-stops service along the inner section of the route as per the 719/720 now?
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

I don't think that we can rely on the proposed route numbers that appear to be out of context. remember that is says on the Parliamentary Paper ...

Outer South Contract Area – Scenario 2
(routes and route numbers subject to change following community consultation process)

It's hard to blow a path through all of this until more details emerge. Still, interesting reading!

Paul
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

Thanks for posting Admet75!

Looking at that document I can’t agree that they have simplified the numbering system. Some aspects have gone back to the 80s style of Route numbering but I think this will confuse passengers a lot more. If the routes are similar or the same leave the route numbers the same like why change a 721 to 21 or a 506 to a 55? Just an example but you get the drift.
Also keep it consistent with route numbers if you have say 401, 229 etc keep them all three digit otherwise 14 here TT13 there, 400... just messy and definitely not simplified.

I realise it’s subject to change and I hope they consider this thoroughly.

On a side note it appears 224, 225, 228 and 560 have disappeared? Unless they are now under some new numbers?
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Hi Route 506

From my reading of it you're right that 224, 225 and 228 and 560 have been removed.

Looks like nothing will run down Salisbury Hwy unless the 411 gets modified a bit?

TT14 replaces some of the 225 it looks like and TT15 seems to be a very shortened 228. And TT16 appears to be a modified 560. TT16s portion from Mawson Lakes to TTP will be a Go Zone based on the AdMet website map. I'd say there may be some swapping between parts of the 229 and former parts of the 565 and 225 routes. Also the 566 remains which will cover some of that area.

Definitely big changes to how people use public transport in the north!
jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:Hi Route 506

From my reading of it you're right that 224, 225 and 228 and 560 have been removed.

Looks like nothing will run down Salisbury Hwy unless the 411 gets modified a bit?

TT14 replaces some of the 225 it looks like and TT15 seems to be a very shortened 228. And TT16 appears to be a modified 560. TT16s portion from Mawson Lakes to TTP will be a Go Zone based on the AdMet website map. I'd say there may be some swapping between parts of the 229 and former parts of the 565 and 225 routes. Also the 566 remains which will cover some of that area.

Not just the North, most areas will see routes cancelled or changed. Many more feeder services than previously-hopefully better on-time running. Hopefully cutting out lots of time points so bus are not sitting idling for some time as happens now
Hopefully new timetables will be more readily available than they are now .Also hope SAPTA will have a major advertising campaign to promote the new network.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

hillsbus wrote:Hi Route 506

Cheers hillsbus,

Took me a couple of reads to get my head around it. Will be very interesting what the general response from the public is but to me I’m not convinced this is simplifying routes. Certainly across the town a lot of cuts to form these Go Zones. Interesting that current J1 services will be cut at Glenelg and Elizabeth ends. I think a lot of people like linking Elizabeth to TTP and O-Bahn especially now servicing Lyell McEwen as well but I guess we will see how it unfolds
jibb

Post by jibb »

Possibly Route 30 Elizabeth to Golden Grove could be its replacement/
At the Glenelg end I am wondering if Route 60C Glenelg-City covers part of the J1 route covering Glenelg North and West Beach. Surely they would have to have a service to cover West beach to the City?
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

I agree Jibb - 60C sounds like a replacement for the J1/2 west of the City. It's not a Go Zone so will be interesting to see it's operating hours and frequency.

Looks like the route 60 will cover the north half of the J7/8 and extend to the Port.

The 50 (present 300) will go via the Airport and link to Harbourtown and Glenelg.

Interesting too is the complete removal of the 100.
jibb

Post by jibb »

And its link to 144? Not sure what route/service will cover City to Port Adelaide via Port Road?
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Also looks like the 140/144 are gone. Am I seeing things on the Go Zone map or does the Beaumont service use Grant Av AND Dulwich Av? Route 18 on the parliamentary guide

No replacements for 835, 841F, T842, T843 and 860F routes. Also only mentions the 821 going as far as Summertown?

I wonder whether some of these are errors that will be cleared up when the timetables are released for community consultation
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
leftyandy76
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M artics

Post by leftyandy76 »

Interesting about the feedeer services in and around West Lakes/Port Adelaide area. I suspect the current route 117 will be cut back to a feeder, the service's that used to travel along Webb St/Portland St could make a come back. What's with the proposed service to Regency Park? Is this to cover the current Route 239 from Arndale to Grand Junction Rd or will it be a loop service?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Also looks like the 140/144 are gone. Am I seeing things on the Go Zone map or does the Beaumont service use Grant Av AND Dulwich Av? Route 18 on the parliamentary guide

No replacements for 835, 841F, T842, T843 and 860F routes. Also only mentions the 821 going as far as Summertown?

I wonder whether some of these are errors that will be cleared up when the timetables are released for community consultation
Yes I think you are right it will go into Grant Avenue, and cut through via Gurney Road to Dulwich Avenue then straight up Greenhill Road to Deveraux Road.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

I still think Knoll has overly favoured TT in these awards. Maybe the reason will come out one day.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Wondering why On-Demand Route 908 Seaview Downs-Seacombe Heights doesn't cover Darlington (up to Diagonal Road) as well?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Can't seem to find what route will cover 548 Greenwith ?
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Hi Jibb - I think that the northern part of that route might be the extension of the 541 route as shown on the Go Zone map on the AdMet website? I would say that the J1 replacement service (Route 1) is going to be all stops everyday now so no need for a all-stopper bus going down Golden Grove Rd.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

Skexis wrote:I still think Knoll has overly favoured TT in these awards. Maybe the reason will come out one day.
I tend to agree. Not sure of the reasons apart from maybe being cheapest (don’t quote me on that!) but TT certainly seen favourites.

I hope these changes will serve people for the better, but with Liberals in Government I can’t say that I’m massively confident. One improvement could = two worse off services. Hopefully not as bad as back late 90s when every second service almost was cut to a Sunday PH & Nights one way loop or no service at all during this time
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Given TT's parent company - Sealink Travel Group - is headquarted here in Adelaide I presume some weighting was given to companies that have their head office locally (whereas Keolis Downer - SouthLink isn't based in SA). https://www.sealinktravelgroup.com.au/contact-us
jibb

Post by jibb »

Also Torrens Transit's tender was within the guidelines set out by the Government. As well they offered more innovative proposals in terms of routes and met the Governments criteria regarding more Go Zones, faster services,more feeder services, simplified route numbering. Getting rid of poorly patronised routes, and having more direct services and cutting out many streets(ie Galway Avenue is one) was an important factor.
They (Transit Systems Australia) have had a lot of success in recent times winning new contracts in Sydney, Perth and London(Tower Transit).
Last edited by jibb on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
gzhkr

Post by gzhkr »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQPPf ... sp=sharing

Started creating a map of the "redesigned" bus network, not finalised yet but please give me some feedback!
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

I know Busways have put a lot of time and effort into their previous tenders and I guess it finally paid off for them.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

gzhkr wrote:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQPPf ... sp=sharing

Started creating a map of the "redesigned" bus network, not finalised yet but please give me some feedback!
Very well done

I think the 52 would follow the current 542 rather than the Hancock Road route

I’m assuming you’ll add ON and OS feeders in later. 850 and 852 missing in the hills

Very well done otherwise
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”