What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by scott »

People who board a two door bus through the back door, when they are meant to use the front door, and people who do not wait for people to alight before boarding, just want to push through. Manners is now a thing of the past, especially for millenials.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

our sinister government (AUS) making rules that are just outright stupid.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

1. "Roe 8 will solve congestion". No it doesn't, Liberals. It just moves the congestion up to Stock Rd.
2. Who the hell designed the new C-Series train concept? Looks hideous in TP livery. Should've stayed in that Melbourne Metro skin.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
scott

Post by scott »

Was forced to endure The Block last night (had dinner with friends), gee it gets worse.The way Scott Cam humiliated one of the contestants over thier budget was in my mind atrocious, I know I have said it before but the longer these reality shows run, the more contrived and stupid they get, thankfully good minds thought alike and we switched over to Youtube.

I would be close to a breakdown if I had to endure any of that, but they would not get very far as my handyman skills are not existant. Would not want to spend millions on a house these amatuers have done up anyway. Yes they are built to code, but the quality of the rushed workmanship would leave a bit to be desired.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Bus Suggestions wrote:1. "Roe 8 will solve congestion". No it doesn't, Liberals. It just moves the congestion up to Stock Rd.
That's like any road project; like the rather extravagant freeway widening they're undertaking presently. It would be nice, however, for the serious rat-running issues around South Lake (Berrigan Dr), Bibra Lake and North Lake (Progress Dr/Farrington Rd/North Lake Road/Phoenix Rd) to be dealt with, whether with Roe8 or something else. The proposed High St upgrades are a somewhat half-hearted acknowledgement of the fact that access to Fremantle via the Leach Hwy/High St route is reaching capacity and is increasingly dangerous.

Now for my actual whinge - the new rail line to Ellenbrook. It sounds as though passengers will not be forced to interchange to reach the city from Bayswater. So, combined with the Forrestfield Airport Link and Midland line, that means three distinct services will now be sharing the same tracks into Perth. If this will really be what happens, I just can't believe who on earth thought it would be a good idea. Then there's the route they've chosen... Perhaps they should have just stuck with that BRT idea :roll:
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Is it too bloody hard for a bus passenger to respect those around them? Some Asian nitwit coughed almost all over me tonight on some sh!theap of a bus.

Why are these folks never educated, or simply too lazy to raise their hand or sleeve over their mouths when they feel one coming? It's not like weight lifting, and you can still do it whilst your eyes are buried in your treasured 'smart phone'.

Nobody else wants your sickness or flu, no matter how much you think it is the opposite!

And on another note in response to the original question, getting Adelaide's 'Old Gill' equivalent of a bus driver. He sat on 40kph in an open 60 zone when not required to stop, and eventually got overtaken by the bus that was running the next service which was half an hour later!

The driver in question is from Newton, and very easy to identify once you've seen him a few times!
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

A certain someones going to enjoy your post @TA3001 when he next visits here :lol:

When bus drivers say you taking photos of buses is "weird". I just say these days it's a hobby of mine and we have people who photo trains, aeroplanes and truck so why not buses? Heck if it wasn't for myself and others there would be no known photos of some now withdrawn buses in our region. When it comes to photos sometimes I like to think the bus is in it's last day of service. anything could happen to it in the next hour, day, week, month etc and then it's gone with no photographic history and then some of us start having regrets about not preserving it's history sooner in some way. For me why I like taking photos of buses is because well... I like them and like I said I want to preserve it's history of it in someway even after it's long gone.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
When bus drivers say you taking photos of buses is "weird".
Having been a bus driver I can say that more judgmental people you won't meet. Not all, but most.
They are like juveniles in middle aged bodies. More than a few times I mistakenly described the bus drivers uniform as a school uniform. That was telling.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

What in earth! An empty wheelchair taking up space, but the person can get in and out of it. If he/she just brought it, then if possible, they should be made to fold it up.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Was at the traffic lights yesterday morning on a bus, about two vehicles in front of us at the front of the lights was a leaner driver. We sat through two sets of green lights and the learner driver didn't move. It was only half way through the 3rd set did they get going. I thought it was going to be another person on their mobile but nope once we got going I saw the L plates on the back of the car

Holy damn the instructor or person supervising is the learner is just as incompetent. They should've been telling the leaner to go but probably too busy chit chatting about unimportant things. I'm surprised no one honked as people are quick to honk when traffic doesn't get moving after lights go green.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

GREEN is the new RED haven't you heard?
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• According to whatever website it is, "light rain" Excuse me, they call this LIGHT rain? (Edit: Looks like Murrurundi maybe only getting 1 to 5 mm)
• To that woman the other day, the left green arrow means go if safe, not to stop on the green arrow, THEN move off.
ABC, or is that abc as in doesn't deserve capital letters?!

• Forget to add, ScoMo and other politicians having return tickets back to Australia! :lol: :mrgreen:
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Again with Ebay sellers;

If your product is a generic product (unbranded, not made by the official company whose product their copying) then don't include pictures of branded products from said company in your listing. Further to this there's ads that appear to make it that it's a genuine product but in small font in the listing description it says "Generic", way to mislead people easily for that quick cash grab.

Adobe - I'd love to give illustrator a further go but the pricing for just a single person such as myself is not for me. Your products are good but your practices and pricing is not. I use to like it when software came with a lifetime license for that product and you wouldn't have to buy it again until a newer version came out. Now it's SAAS (Software as a service or subscription). Soon even our own operating systems and devices will fall to this practice as well. XAAS (x representing product)

the girl who sits next to me in my course smokes ciggies before coming to class and I've got to smell the "smoke" odour coming from her for the rest of class. Blegh!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Again, it's not agonisingly difficult to do. But it does take practice as well as common courtesy (a lack of is generally the culprit).

All you incompetent civilians need to do before coughing is to lift something (your arm for example) in front of your freaking mouth so that you don't spread your illness/nasties to the undeserving innocent folks around you! It's not exactly the nicest experience to see some stupid OTR customer coughing in the direction of takeaway food being prepared.

There should be a wikipedia guide to educate these golliwogs on how to regular cover their mouths before coughing, and a cough jar for everything time they don't! Why the hell is it so bloody difficult for some?

Laziness and complete lack of respect for those around you, and even yourself! [/rant]
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Drivers who coast at 25km/h or more BELOW the speed limit are not only a nuisance, but dangerous as well, especially on a freeway.

Which goes to show how much of a mind-crap the message of "Speed kills" is.

Here's the thing: Speed itself doesn't kill; one thing that kills is the force of impact in a mid to high speed crash (or for the very vulnerable folks, even a low-speed crash), and another is a driver's ability (or lack thereof) to control their vehicle.

And speaking of drivers, all the new cars with their "lane-change assist", "parking assist", "auto-drive mode". Honestly, if you need these sort of assistance every time you drive, you don't deserve to hold a license. If anything, you're just as dangerous as a drunk driver and might even become less experienced than even an L-plater.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

tedBus winning the bloody contract to supply over 300 poorly built shitheaps for Adelaide between now and the late 2020s.

Bloody horrible things, but quality is secondary to this government!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TA3001 wrote:tedBus winning the bloody contract to supply over 300 poorly built shitheaps for Adelaide between now and the late 2020s.
As someone out of the loop here, can you please further explain who "tedbus" is?

Never heard of them unless Tedbus stands for something.
BanksfielderIdiot823

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
TA3001 wrote:tedBus winning the bloody contract to supply over 300 poorly built shitheaps for Adelaide between now and the late 2020s.
As someone out of the loop here, can you please further explain who "tedbus" is?

Never heard of them unless Tedbus stands for something.
I'm guessing ted<>Bus = Busted = BUSTECH

Considering THIS happened...
New contract to expand SA bus network

Scania Australia has been chosen to expand Adelaide's bus network, supplying more than 300 buses over a ten-year period.

At least 290 buses will be constructed in South Australia, creating several local jobs.

As part of the deal, a hybrid Euro-6-compliant bus will be demonstrated next year, with the hope of rolling them out across Adelaide in 2021.

Transport Minister Stephan Knoll hopes the new deal will boost the dwindling amount of people catching public transport.

"The contract has a number of triggers and mechanisms to ensure South Australians are getting the best possible buses," he said.

He said the buses will continue to evolve with changing technologies and the city's public transport needs.

Scania Australia has an existing agreement with the State Government to supply an average of 27 buses per year. It expires at the end of October.

Under the new deal, 34 buses will be supplied, with 29 to be made locally.

They will replace old buses, which are no longer fit for service or have reached the retirement age of 25.

Australian Associated Press
Unless some pigs start falling out of the sky, recent history suggests these will be Precision Buses... i.e. another 300-something Scumtech Scanias to hit the streets of Adelaide.
CR1181

Post by CR1181 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Unless some pigs start falling out of the sky, recent history suggests these will be Precision Buses... i.e. another 300-something Scumtech Scanias to hit the streets of Adelaide.
Is it really necessary to use that term? I get that you have a thing against Bustech, but do you really need to refer to them that way?

Anyway, people who use change names to be derogatory give me the S&#TS
Not afraid to express my opinion.
BanksfielderIdiot823

CR1181 wrote:
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Unless some pigs start falling out of the sky, recent history suggests these will be Precision Buses... i.e. another 300-something Scumtech Scanias to hit the streets of Adelaide.
Is it really necessary to use that term? I get that you have a thing against Bustech, but do you really need to refer to them that way?

Anyway, people who use change names to be derogatory give me the S&#TS
Oh damn right it's necessary, and I'll use it however I please to. This is a bus body builder that's given myself and numerous others on this forum absolute hell, as well as many of my closest family friends especially from around my way in Fairfield City. We all hate Scumtech for the fact that they build their buses to such a low quality and with so many design flaws that actually do cause injuries that they're a complete joke upon themselves.

I suffered a painfully sore ankle from time to time from the steeply angled floor and many other flaws which I really can't be bothered mentioning right now and many others have tripped over that step in the middle door which should never have been thrown into the blueprint. My sister who suffers from asthma got so sick to the point of nearly throwing up after an unpleasant trip on a VST. And by the way, I'm a Fijian man. I'm one of the taller and bigger blokes, and for much of the guys like me, we're pretty good with Custom, but we're much better off in a Volgren since we can actually ride in one without being crammed into somewhere with such legroom that only a midget would have the best chance of sitting with a straight posture without his knees touching the seat in front.

By the way I haven't been more mad at the double-decker scene than 2015 when TfNSW turned down the Volgren Optimus Decker from running in NSW because it "exceeded the GVM limit", they turned it down in favour of the crap-load of CDi's built from that one block in the Gold Coast. There's even 6 of them on the T80, and I will never in my life board any of those CDis.

If there's a bus body builder I and all my family friends and closest ones would all rather have around these streets, it's Volgren. As for a local NSW bus body bulider, thank damn goodness Custom is still around. We're still reeling from the fact that we don't have Westbus anymore, and to have the Fairfield routes riddled with these VSTs from Metrolink, no wonder why we're unsure about taking the bus at times.

But surely there's more urgent matters to worry about than being offended by some stranger who wishes to express themselves, let alone the fact that it's in the thread clearly titled "What gives you the S&#T's!?". No real West sider gets that offended that quickly.
CR1181

Post by CR1181 »

Apologies to Banksfielder. I certainly didn't mean to come across rudely. I respect your opinion and I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence.

I can agree that Bustech have flaws. Once I travelled on one for half an hour and the metal bumps actually left an impression in my knee. I also agree that the Optimus body is king when it comes to Australian bus design. Comfortable and smooth.

Anyway, back to what annoys me, when people criticise other people's opinions. (Like what I did.)
Not afraid to express my opinion.
BanksfielderIdiot823

CR1181 wrote:Apologies to Banksfielder. I certainly didn't mean to come across rudely. I respect your opinion and I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence.

I can agree that Bustech have flaws. Once I travelled on one for half an hour and the metal bumps actually left an impression in my knee. I also agree that the Optimus body is king when it comes to Australian bus design. Comfortable and smooth.

Anyway, back to what annoys me, when people criticise other people's opinions. (Like what I did.)
All good.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Ride an older Scania K280UB with Custom body along that moonscape that is Anzac Pde Kensington and then do it in a Bus-yechhh! version.
You could break your butt sitting over the rear axle of one of those. The Custom on the other hand, only once did it kind of crash over a bump but it wasn't so bad. It would have been better than the mildest Bustech bump crash.
The latest round of Custom K310UBs, from my limited rides, are a bit firmer and I have yet to compare those and the Volgren Scanias over the same test bed, but the first K280UBs bodied by Custom just glide over that nasty 2km or so section of Anzac Pde, Kenso where the light rail construction has messed up the road.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Smokers who smoke at bus stops despite it being prohibited.

Smokers who smoke at bus stops once again but with others close by, really shows how much consideration they give about others but they'll have their fit if one were to ever tell them to P*ss off and that they can't smoke here. I'd like to say something further nasty about these kinds of people but I'll refrain myself from doing so.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Now would seem as good a time as any to remind users of the following board guidelines, namely;
Messages shall not be abusive, antagonising, defamatory, discriminatory, disruptive, distasteful, harassing, hateful, intimidating, obscene, offensive, profane, sexist, racist, slanderous, threatening, vulgar or sexually oriented in nature.
Derogatory terms or nicknames should not be used to describe people/entities/vehicles/etc. Correct names and terms should be used both as a sign of respect and also to ensure that all readers are aware of what is being discussed.
Those with a grudge or complaint against a person or entity or those with a 'personal agenda' should not use this board to pursue those purposes. If you have a grudge or complaint against a person or entity you should contact that person or entity or the relevant government agencies where appropriate to resolve your problem.
The complete list of forum guidelines can be viewed here: https://www.busaustralia.com/forum/view ... hp?f=1&t=8

Return to “The Lunch Room”