What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Passenger Intercoms were borked at my local station this morning (Possibly due to the rain getting in the wiring). I tried three different Intercoms (one wasn't even dialling when the button was pushed) and the attendant at the other end couldn't hear me so he'd hang up. It was only when the guard of N-set 2858 pulled up did I get he's attention to ask if he could pass on that the Passenger intercoms were out of order, he then accused me of using the orange emergency help point and said the usual "emergencies only spill" I then tell him three times I'm not talking about the help point, I'm talking about the regular passenger intercom I then quickly show him the intercom I was referring too and then he was like "oh right, I'll put in a report". Way to jump to conclusions and I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't use a help point in a non emergency.

He wanted to know why I was using the intercom before jumping to he's spill, my reason was "well it seems some of the trains are running late and want to know if mine is affected"
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

This was posted with Newcastle Flyer in mind.

So I was on a CB60 bodied L94UB, sitting just behind the centre door. This fat foreign freak in his 40s boards and sits in the adjacent row. Not long after, he has a 10 minute long coughing fit without any knowledge whatsoever of how to cover his mouth, all whilst sitting at a 45 degree angle, with the centre door right in front.

I literally put my clothing over my nose for the remainder of the trip, as the air seemed so disgusting to me, and I don't really need an illness/cold as a result of this. The disgusting fella moved to the front of the bus eventually, which put a welcome end to the ordeal.

Why the hell is it so hard for males to cover their mouth when they cough?? All you do is rotate your hand 90 degrees, and bring it towards your mouth when expecting a cough. This way, the airspace around you remains much less bitter and toxic than what it would be like if you didn't. Alternatively, you can cover it with your sleeve, and coughing into your hand still seems gross.

I'm surprised that somebody hasn't written a Wikipedia article on how to do this, as these folks could definitely benefit from reading it. It isn't any harder than making baby steps as an infant!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Not that i'm looking at doing it but I'm scratching my head as to why if you were coming from Maitland during rail replacement on the 13th of this month that to get to Gosford leaving Maitland station at 9:13 AM you need to go all the way to Berowra Station (making note that your already going way past Gosford station at this point to get to Berowra) then hop on another replacement bus that'll leave from Berowra Station to take you to Gosford Station.

Suppose if you were coming from Hamilton station instead it may be a little easier because there's probably a replacement route going towards Gosford station but how does it make any sense that if one from Maitland wants to go to Gosford they need to take a replacement past that goes past Gosford on the way then turn around and get a bus going back to Gosford station.

Good Grief
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Not that i'm looking at doing it but I'm scratching my head as to why if you were coming from Maitland during rail replacement on the 13th of this month that to get to Gosford leaving Maitland station at 9:13 AM you need to go all the way to Berowra Station (making note that your already going way past Gosford station at this point to get to Berowra) then hop on another replacement bus that'll leave from Berowra Station to take you to Gosford Station.

Suppose if you were coming from Hamilton station instead it may be a little easier because there's probably a replacement route going towards Gosford station but how does it make any sense that if one from Maitland wants to go to Gosford they need to take a replacement past that goes past Gosford on the way then turn around and get a bus going back to Gosford station.
Because as ridiculous as it sounds, it's still faster than travelling to Hamilton on one bus, changing for another bus there to Wyong, then changing again for a third bus to Gosford.

Doing such a trip would work out like this..

(2HU) Maitland 09:08 to Hamilton 10:08
(56CN) Hamilton 10:20 to Wyong 11:54
(53CN) Wyong 12:00 to Gosford 12:30

Yeah, even going a long way down the freeway past where you want to go, then doing a u-turn and coming back, is still better than that! ;)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Maybe but you might as well continue heading onto Sydney at that point after 9AM. For someone like me who would only spend an hour or two down there and then have to head back towards Newcastle before sundown, in this case it's not worth it for me but others may see it differently.

Anyway back on another Ebay rant, looking for a new T-shirt on Ebay as I feel a bit repetitive wearing the same 3-4 shirts over and over again and the amount of sellers that say their Australian sellers but are actually overseas sellers (take a hint as to what country their actually from, beings with a C) is astonishingly high, I've even filtered out overseas sellers but still get some overseas results popping up because Ebay thinks their operating in Australia but are actually overseas if you look at their profile.

And yes I know based and located (or location if you put it that way) are two different things but If I filter out overseas content, I really mean I want to filter out overseas results.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Our Federal Government Thinking it’s okay to BULLY OUR YOUTH even though they are against the citizens bullying eachother

if the government is against bullying THEN WHY DON’T THEY BE THE BIGGER EXAMPLE by not doing it to our youth

Whats more? The Governments (especially QLD and my local council) do not seem to think about the impacts of what they do and how it will affect the residents.

The parliaments ruined and that’s what ticks me off!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
scott

Post by scott »

Steve Price getting kicked off nights and put on in the afternoons.We get Steve Price in Melbourne via 3AW. This could of caused Denis Walter to be sacked, but due to his sound ratings on 3AW's afternoon show, he will remain (for now at least). I listen to Price when he has his motoring segment.

We only get a couple of hours of Steve Price's show, then we get Philip Brady for two hours- who has just turned 80 and is nearly clocking up 30 years in the night slot,apart from a year when his on air partner,Bruce Mansfield got the sack for cash for comment.

Hinch took over the night program after Mansfield got sacked, putting Brady on the sidelines (except for the show he did on Sunday nights), then the Hinch experiment failed and Brady (and Mansfield) got reinstated. We did not have networked content at that time (2000-01).
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

scott wrote:Steve Price getting kicked off nights and put on in the afternoons.We get Steve Price in Melbourne via 3AW. This could of caused Denis Walter to be sacked, but due to his sound ratings on 3AW's afternoon show, he will remain (for now at least). I listen to Price when he has his motoring segment.
2GB management won't network the Steve Price 12 to 3 afternoon show into Melbourne unless they really want to
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

ScaniaGrenda was waiting for he's bus back home this morning at the shopping complex, some dude in he's 40's approaches with tats on he's neck approaches him and gives him some run down story (that he didn't catch) about how he's just moved into the area and needs money for the bus fare or something, ScaniaGrenda says he doesn't have any change on him and the dude says "don't take me as a threat i'm not that kinda person" ScaniaGrenda says no he's not taking it that way, he's just trying to point out how he doesn't have any coins on him (even if he did he wouldn't hand them out there and then, he's wary of people coming up with fake & sob stories to mooch money out of people). Tats guy get's the grumps and sorta walks off and sits down on the ground near the bus shelter. Scaniagrenda then continues to look out for he's bus and sees it coming from across the road and walks over and catches it.

Translation: Had some guy I'd assume in 40's with tats ask if I had money for a bus fare or something but I don't carry physical money on me much anymore (unless I get cash out which is rare) and was thinking I was taking him for a threat when really I didn't have money (and I'm wary about these sorts of things) Funnily enough there was two other people at the shelter and he didn't ask them if they had any money, just me. Think this might of set alarm bells off but I could be wrong.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

When your SD card corrupts on you out of the blue losing all stored photos in the process.

I've lost all the photos from last Saturdays rail replacement buses. Thankfully I somewhat backed them up but it's not the uncompressed copies (I uploaded all my transport photos up to Google Photos in the cloud). So the original uncompressed photos are gone but the compressed ones still exist on Google photos. I was going to upload one to Facebook today but won't be doing that now.. and I had some nice photos too
MotorOmnibus8562

Climate activists in Brisbane being arrested just because they’re trying to send their message across to the premier.

Why are some of today’s politicians so rude? Is it illegal to be activist???

This doesn’t make sense.

Governments of Australia, You’re what’s breaking me right now.

P.S. I actually complained to the Premier of Queensland about their approval of the coal mine.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

The GWS Giants gives me the S&#T's... especially today.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Seeing the back of my head on the TV monitor in McDonald's reminding me I'm thinning at the back. :x
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:Climate activists in Brisbane being arrested just because they’re trying to send their message across to the premier.

This doesn’t make sense.

P.S. I actually complained to the Premier of Queensland about their approval of the coal mine.
Ah, but were they arrested for protesting, or being an obstruction and disturbing the peace? All you see is protesters being arrested, but judging by what you wrote, you don't know why.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Having the younger relative tell me she saw a "HJ" being done on a train. (I don't need to tell you what HJ stands for do I?)

Utter disgusting and excuse my colourful language but how f*37k1ng shameful. In public view (especially in front of school children heading home) and these people have no shame.

Not to mention people also sit in those seats. Hopefully it was a J Set train and in view of CCTV. Nothing will probably come of it but always hope for the best I guess.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Adelaide bus drivers that drive to the stupid minute per stop timetables that are effective almost everywhere, regardless of the time of week it is.

And bus 856. Vile rotbox that is earmarked for withdrawal by Wednesday.
MotorOmnibus8562

Off The Rails wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:Climate activists in Brisbane being arrested just because they’re trying to send their message across to the premier.

This doesn’t make sense.

Ah, but were they arrested for protesting, or being an obstruction and disturbing the peace? All you see is protesters being arrested, but judging by what you wrote, you don't know why.

I guess they want commuters to start thinking about what they’re talking about.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Having the younger relative tell me she saw a "HJ" being done on a train. (I don't need to tell you what HJ stands for do I?)

Utter disgusting and excuse my colourful language but how f*37k1ng shameful. In public view (especially in front of school children heading home) and these people have no shame.

Not to mention people also sit in those seats. Hopefully it was a J Set train and in view of CCTV. Nothing will probably come of it but always hope for the best I guess.
Mad max wasn't fiction. It's a prophecy. Civilisation is crumbling. We are regressing to monkey behaviour.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

This doesn’t make sense.
So you think that everybody should have the right to glue themselves to a road, and law enforcement shouldn't do anything about it?

How would it be if there were people glued to every main road, and nobody could get anywhere?
MotorOmnibus8562

BroadGauge wrote:

This doesn’t make sense.
So you think that everybody should have the right to glue themselves to a road, and law enforcement shouldn't do anything about it?

How would it be if there were people glued to every main road, and nobody could get anywhere?
They’re doing it to pretend they’re dead, They’re trying to show how dangerous climate change is.

I agree that people shouldn’t glue themselves on the road but we’re gonna have to learn to get a long with it.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

No - we should NOT have to get along with it.
Living in the Shire.
MotorOmnibus8562

Fleet Lists wrote:No - we should NOT have to get along with it.
I mean, That Protesters glueing themseleves onto the road I agree is silly but They’re just trying to get their message across.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is no excuse.
Living in the Shire.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

cough cough Peaceful protests are a thing cough cough...
While I agree something needs to be done, putting yourself at risk is Darwinism at its finest.

Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
MotorOmnibus8562

Fleet Lists wrote:That is no excuse.
I really don’t want to come rude here but the no excuse part is that the country (Australia) is rich and some of the politicians just don’t care about our youths future, I mean, why can’t they pull their heads in and start doing something, the only thing I hear is Talk and then nothing, It’s absolutely gobsmacking to me as I am a youth and I especially really care about climate change and all that.

I’m really sorry if anyone is offended and thank you for understanding

EDIT: Typo mistake.
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”