STA Roadliners

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

STA Roadliners

Post by system improver »

When the STA took over the Adelaide private bus fleets in the mid seventies, they also purchased most of the coaches operated by those companies which became then the STA Roadliner fleet. Here are some of those vehicles (plus two), all painted in the Roadliner livery:

Roadliner 53 was an ex Morphett's Freighter Hino RC 320PT new in 1973:

Here is Number 73, an Ex Thomas Tours Freighter Bedford VAM70 new in 4/73:

Then number 68, an ex Morphett's Denning Volvo B57-60, the body was originally built on a VAM5 chassis:

Here is an Ex Bowman (?) Freighter Hino RC320P:

And a Freighter "Moonraker" Hino RC320P, also ex Bowman (?):

The last new bus purchased by Thomas Tours was this Freighter Volvo B57-60 in December 1973:

Another Freighter Hino RC320P that was ex Campbell's, new 3/72:

And finally, two new purchases by the STA. A pair of Domino Tourmasters with GM engines:

The photographs come from the John Masterton Collection and were taken by him except for the last two which were taken by Geoff Mann.
readerbus
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N 11.190

Re: STA Roadliners

Post by readerbus »

What a brilliant collection of photos! Thanks for sharing them. :P

Cheers
Mikey
readerbus
it's better by bus
BILLEFF

Re: STA Roadliners

Post by BILLEFF »

Many, many thanks for your great photos, I was very fortunate to drive all of these vehicles whilst employed by the STA from the inception of STARoadLiner till the STA closed it down. I have great memories of my time there and friends I made, Wally C, John C, Wally B, Tony and his love of dashhounds and all the other guys who were part of the tour drivers.. 75 years old now but still have ear memories of that great period.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”