What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Fleet Lists »

About what?
Living in the Shire.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Fleet Lists wrote:About what?
His selfish behaviour in My opinion towards our Youth.

ScoMo, If you’re reading this, I’m sorry if this is hurting you.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

Jackpot ads! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

Re: What gives you the ——s?

When it comes to working on CBD streets that buses use, Councils like mine (Wodonga) Dont seem to think, they just do the thing, they REDUCE THE LANES Which means it doesn’t make a good benefit for the buses!!!!!!! If you have buses that run down that street Then don’t reduce the lanes yet they’re doing it just to make it a benefit for pedestrians

Sorry if this is a bit aggressive but Thats how I feel right now.

What’s more. The council bragging about their work.... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

People donating to that Folau bloke on Go Fund me, yes your money is your money and no one should tell you how you should spend it or where it should go but in this case I'm saying otherwise.. This guy has millions in the bank and can afford the court case and your donating to him while people who actually would appreciate donations, support and money get little to no attention and are left to suffer with what ever minimal funds they can come up with. I'm not being mean to anyone here and making them feel bad for donating to Folau but please understand where I'm coming from. I agree with one Facebook poster for once, that GFM should be used for "unfortunate and emergency circumstances" not helping some already rich person cover a case who once again doesn't need the money.

While your kind for donating, your donating to the wrong person, please people donate to those who are actually in need of it. Sorry but this had to be said sooner or later.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

App developers that originally promise a free app for armchair planners and pros alike, but then move on to make it paid and 'businesses-only', such as TransitMix. It really bugs me off when there's no other app like it.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Getting some strange idea that CNG buses could be in way less bland than some diesel variants.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Possibly dodgy Ebay sellers. I have the feeling a part I've ordered for my PC isn't going to turn up by the estimated date (which is tomorrow). I've been watching the parcel tracker closely. Paid last Wednesday, item wasn't possibly shipped (and I say possibly as the seller has marked as item sent but the tracker is telling me otherwise) till Friday and only at 5PM on Friday Arvo was the first and last tracking update I've had, just the Auspost tracker saying "Your parcel is coming followed by Shipping information received by Australia Post". I'm going to be a little lenient and give it till next Monday afternoon to arrive, if it hasn't by then, I'm going to lodge an item not received and request a refund since I'm not willing to go through this seller again. For this parcel to be coming from Sydney (where the item is listed but it's a little more so outside the CBD) to Newcastle shouldn't take close to over two weeks to get to me hence why I'm thinking something dodgy is going on if it hasn't arrived by tomorrow. The fact the tracker hasn't updated to say it's been through a fulfilment centre at any point by now should start setting alarm bells off.

of course through there were some warning signs from the seller I purchased from, some people having the worst of luck and not receiving items and the seller not informing people the item is out of stock but still selling the product anyway. I think honestly the fact I'm letting this go till Monday is possibly the lenient side of me.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Possibly dodgy Ebay sellers. I have the feeling a part I've ordered for my PC isn't going to turn up by the estimated date (which is tomorrow). I've been watching the parcel tracker closely. Paid last Wednesday, item wasn't possibly shipped (and I say possibly as the seller has marked as item sent but the tracker is telling me otherwise) till Friday and only at 5PM on Friday Arvo was the first and last tracking update I've had, just the Auspost tracker saying "Your parcel is coming followed by Shipping information received by Australia Post". I'm going to be a little lenient and give it till next Monday afternoon to arrive, if it hasn't by then, I'm going to lodge an item not received and request a refund since I'm not willing to go through this seller again. For this parcel to be coming from Sydney (where the item is listed but it's a little more so outside the CBD) to Newcastle shouldn't take close to over two weeks to get to me hence why I'm thinking something dodgy is going on if it hasn't arrived by tomorrow. The fact the tracker hasn't updated to say it's been through a fulfilment centre at any point by now should start setting alarm bells off.

of course through there were some warning signs from the seller I purchased from, some people having the worst of luck and not receiving items and the seller not informing people the item is out of stock but still selling the product anyway. I think honestly the fact I'm letting this go till Monday is possibly the lenient side of me.
Two weeks is far too long for that distance. Definitely don't wait beyond Monday.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well as expected, it's almost 7:00 AM (i know rather early but still) and the tracker still hasn't updated to say it's been through any post facilities or anything. For it to be ready today it needs to say "Your parcel is coming today", followed by details of it being through various postal facilities along the way. Since it hasn't there's a good 99% chance it ain't coming today or if at all. I've changed my mind now since it hasn't updated, they've got till Friday Midday to get it to me, failure to do so and I'll be doing what I stated above.

I paid for a product, I expect it to be delivered and the tracker providing updates along the way. Hopefully proof of the tracker just saying "your parcel is coming and Shipping information received by Australia Post and only and last update being last Friday" is enough for Ebay to follow through and give me a full refund.

Also from what I can gather, if it says "Shipping information received by Australia Post" it means Australia post has received paperwork or the details for your parcel, that's it. So in reality it probably hasn't been sent and the seller has probably done a runner with my money. Well I'll see what today holds but I'm not counting my chickens on it arriving.

Edit: Some further information I've found on the "Shipping information received by Australia post" part

https://gooddrop.com.au/delivery-auspost/
Your order has been processed and is awaiting the next 11am collection by AusPost.
And then there's this
https://community.auspost.com.au/s/ques ... s-for-days

Not many posts in there but it goes along the lines of "You've been provided a tracking number but your package hasn't been sent out". Well I've waited my share of time for it to update and it hasn't as stated numerous times above :/

Well I think I found my answer folks, it's not coming, I've been conned and I probably need to request a refund. Definitely leaving negative feedback on this dodgy seller. (and it's from one of those big ebay sellers, not some private citizen)
scott

Post by scott »

I purchased an item from Perth on Ebay, a major seller who I dealt with with many times, usually the item turn up in a week, but this one took over two weeks, not the sellers fault in this case, but Australia Post, according to tracking it came from Perth to Melbourne, sat in a sorting centre in Melbourne for a few days, then instead of heading to my postal area, it went to Brisbane!!!!, sat there for two days, then it returned to Melbourne and finally found it's way to my post office (as I was not home).

I bought something on Gumtree a couple of years ago, paid by direct deposit, heard no acknowledgment of payment being recieved, so I emailed him and he said he posted it, did not show up after a reasonable time, so I email him, seller claims the parcel came back to him and he resent it, still did not turn up, email again, he had no idea what had happened, smelt a rat and demanded a refund, that took weeks for him to do, but the refund came eventually. Some people are professional, others are crooks.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

In my case through the seller has lodged the details to Australia post to say their sending a package through but hasn't actually sent the package yet. It's now the 5th day since I got the tracking number (7 days since I made payment), almost 4 in the afternoon now and no new updates on the tracker. If Auspost truly had it it would've updated to say it was sitting in a post office somewhere by now, not hard to miss. We all know the postal system has it's faults but in this case I'm believing the tracker, there's no way it could've gotten through a scanner at any point without it being updated. I'm on the side of the fence that the seller has done a runner and not sent the item I've purchased therefor if it's not here by Friday the seller can expect an item not received case to be opened against them and negative feedback from me. If there was a problem they should've gotten in touch to say there's going to be a delay in shipping. Not good business when there isn't any communication. Won't be buying from this seller again that's for sure.

Edit: Something suss is going on, I went to attempt to contact the seller about "didn't receive item" then it's telling me 1 "it may still be on the way" and two the estimated delivery date was yesterday (when I purchased it, it said the 26th was the estimated date) but at the top where it says postage, it's now saying "between July 2nd and Wednesday 3rd July", what is going on?.
Last edited by ScaniaGrenda on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

In regards to Scott's post, what was the Gumtree seller's rating? This website seems like some weak Australian knock off of Ebay, and personally I think it looks too shabby.
scott

Post by scott »

I did not actually get the seller's rating- was new to Gumtree at the time. You need to really suss out the seller as much as you can before you buy. Ebay is the better one though, but buyer beware.

Huge 4WD vehicles being driven by people so small, that they hardly can see over the steering wheel, nearly got cleaned up by such a person in a Kluger last week, yes not a huge 4WD, but big enough.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

TA3001 wrote:This website seems like some weak Australian knock off of Ebay, and personally I think it looks too shabby.
I think it's owned by Ebay.
scott wrote:I did not actually get the seller's rating- was new to Gumtree at the time.
:roll: :roll:
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Gumtree is effectively Australia's counterpart to America's Craigslist. Your mileage will vary greatly.
It's more for pick ups, whereas Ebay is more for posted items with better buyer protections (which is often abused unfortunately). We can never have a perfect system for all when human beings are involved. There are always those cunning out there who play the system.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Doing 90MPH in ETS2 (Euro Truck Simulator 2) in the dark with a fully loaded trailer,no headlights on, governor disabled, and not knowing what the fine for this in would be Australia.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Folks having more lip sex at the same bloody stop as previously, but this time with a beggar pestering me who was also smoking.

I don't know why folks think I enjoy the smell of cigarets, even at places where it's legally banned!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

So where are the smoke alarms if the Oscars have in the toilet room "Smoke alarms fitted"?

Several Oscar toilets yesterday had the smell of these "poison sticks" in them.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

If only indoor environments had actual alarms that detect the scent of the death sticks. It'd be hilarious, albeit disruptive to a degree.

Edit: Seeing the numbers of Adelaide's most vile bus on a validator. Honestly I hate 24 hour time for several reasons, not just one!
Last edited by TA3001 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Post by scott »

People from charities coming to the door just after I get home (after being delayed by traffic and roadworks), they not only ring the bell, but try and knock the door down, they want to talk forever, I don't. I just told them I am busy, please go.

And if you think there is enough trash on the TV, saw an ad on a bus for another trash series on MTV, Teen Mom Australia(sic).
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Bus Suggestions wrote:App developers that originally promise a free app for armchair planners and pros alike, but then move on to make it paid and 'businesses-only', such as TransitMix. It really bugs me off when there's no other app like it.
Since contacting them by leaving a note in 'Request a Demo' - the 'Contact' section redirects to it - I have received a reply:
Hey ******, this is ******* from Remix. I lead our International team based in Amsterdam now. Got your message on our website last week, and sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

We currently don't have any trial / free version of the platform, and since 2015, we have been focused on working with public transport agencies and cities. The reason why we decided to change our strategy and stop offering a free product, is that we believe we can make a bigger impact in the public transport world by building software for their planners and other staff.

Thanks for reaching out and sorry we cannot offer the free version anymore.

Regards!
*I have blanked out both my name and the developer's name for privacy
I don't see why they can't offer two versions; a Pro version for businesses and a Lite version for individual armchair planners. Some features which may differ could be some statistical outputs and ability to work in groups being only in the Pro version. Now I'm a little bit more off-the-hook with the response, because armchair planners can still make a difference by telling the big companies what could be done for cheap.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
scott

Post by scott »

This morning rode on one of Ventura's single door CB60 3X2 seated Scania L94UB's that are used mainly for school runs, but pop up from time to time on route work.

Millennial female who looked like one of those plastic reality show contestants says to driver "I don't appreciate having to walk all the way down the to the front door to get off", driver says "you have no choice, goodbye".

Was a very comfy bus to ride, with wide, thickly padded seats and hardly any rattles.
Last edited by scott on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:

Millennial female who looked like one of those plastic reality show contestants says to driver "I don't appreciate having to walk all the way down the to the front door to get off", driver says "you have no choice, goodbye".
Stupid, rude and pointless saying that to the driver.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I'M sure she'd love the ex Adelaide Volvo artics in Perth. High floor and you can only board and alight through the front door.

Alternatively, the hills Volgrens here would make her day too (all single door for chassis types less than 14 metres long).

Return to “The Lunch Room”