• Advertisement

Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby Megumi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:20 am

Andy O wrote:at 2 least Volgren Optimus artics in translink livery currently going through Volgren here in Melbourne, any ideas who they are destined for?


Green or BT livery?
Megumi
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2017

Postby 1whoknows » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:22 am

probably the ones that have now arrived at Bus Qld Westside.
Cats are best.
User avatar
1whoknows
 
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2017

Postby gen man » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:13 am

1whoknows wrote:probably the ones that have now arrived at Bus Qld Westside.


No, they are for Clark's Logan City.
need red GA:516, 517, 520, 521, 654 to 655, 662, 665, 668, 672, 676, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
User avatar
gen man
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:20 pm
Location: On a Greyhound track
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2017

Postby 1of55 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 am

New bus route 531 operated by Bus Queensland (Ipswich) started today with a new volgren optimus B8 with allover wrap advertising the new route from yamanto to Springfield central. Interesting driver security screen fitted.
1of55
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby Stonesourscotty » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm

1045 was on the 199 today with partial cityglider livery still applied there was also unbranded 1040 on there also
Stonesourscotty
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:01 am
Location: Wigan England / Sydenham Sydney
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times
Favourite Vehicle: Custom Bodied Tri Axle Volvo

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby Cazza » Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 pm

T1045 can be rostered on non-CG runs (I think the main reason for it being only partially covered).

And in regards to 1040, as all of 21 of the new Optimus buses have been delivered to Toowong (as 2819 has now been transferred to Virgina), they have started to remove the skin of some of the diesel CityGliders (replaced by the Optimus) to send some of the CNGs to Garden City to replace the Scanias that are being retired. Interesting to note that 2839 and 2040 haven't as yet had the CityGlider livery applied yet.

Enthusiasts Guide says that only up to 2835 have been skinned up so maybe they're gonna leave a few to run around naked :lol:
New Brisbane Transport Network: https://bit.ly/2VV7QB0
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Cazza wrote:T1045 can be rostered on non-CG runs (I think the main reason for it being only partially covered).

And in regards to 1040, as all of 21 of the new Optimus buses have been delivered to Toowong (as 2819 has now been transferred to Virgina), they have started to remove the skin of some of the diesel CityGliders (replaced by the Optimus) to send some of the CNGs to Garden City to replace the Scanias that are being retired. Interesting to note that 2839 and 2040 haven't as yet had the CityGlider livery applied yet.

Enthusiasts Guide says that only up to 2835 have been skinned up so maybe they're gonna leave a few to run around naked :lol:


I think 2839 onwards will be normal livery as 1030-1048 (19 buses) will be replaced by 2820-2838 (19 buses) on the CityGlider.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby gen man » Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 pm

daveeyh wrote:
Cazza wrote:T1045 can be rostered on non-CG runs (I think the main reason for it being only partially covered).

And in regards to 1040, as all of 21 of the new Optimus buses have been delivered to Toowong (as 2819 has now been transferred to Virgina), they have started to remove the skin of some of the diesel CityGliders (replaced by the Optimus) to send some of the CNGs to Garden City to replace the Scanias that are being retired. Interesting to note that 2839 and 2040 haven't as yet had the CityGlider livery applied yet.

Enthusiasts Guide says that only up to 2835 have been skinned up so maybe they're gonna leave a few to run around naked :lol:


I think 2839 onwards will be normal livery as 1030-1048 (19 buses) will be replaced by 2820-2838 (19 buses) on the CityGlider.


Up to at least 2844 are already registered.
need red GA:516, 517, 520, 521, 654 to 655, 662, 665, 668, 672, 676, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
User avatar
gen man
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:20 pm
Location: On a Greyhound track
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 pm

By my calculations, 2849 should be the last delivery of 60 rigid-equivalent buses for this financial year - 10 artics (2841-2850) and 45 rigids (2805-2849).
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby nbus » Mon May 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Passengers take wheel on M1
Passengers on a charter bus were forced to take the wheel after their vehicle began swerving across northbound lanes on the M1 because the driver was suffering from a suspected medical episode.

The bus was on the motorway in Reedy Creek about 9.45pm on Sunday when passengers noticed the driver did not appear completely alert, according to the Queensland Ambulance Service.

They took the wheel when the driver struggled to keep the bus in its lane.

Thanks to the passengers' efforts, the bus was brought safely to a stop on the side of the M1.

The driver was taken to Robina Hospital in a stable condition for further assessment.

The 25 passengers aboard the bus were not hurt
.https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 51rf7.html
No diggedy diggedy NB I`m the bad boy, roll MC, so sexy

I got the classy swag,Now that's why I get flagged.
nbus
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE [Volgren]

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby AirBusTrain » Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Park Ridge Transit #10 registration changed from "PRT 010" to "XQ80GU" (NHV Plate).
User avatar
AirBusTrain
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm
Location: Rochedale Sth.
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby AirBusTrain » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

PRT023
Volgren 'Optimus'
Body No.: 1911503
Body date: 03/19
K310UB 4X2LB
VIN: YS2K4X20001911503
First reg 8th May 2019
User avatar
AirBusTrain
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm
Location: Rochedale Sth.
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 pm

daveeyh wrote:By my calculations, 2849 should be the last delivery of 60 rigid-equivalent buses for this financial year - 10 artics (2841-2850) and 45 rigids (2805-2849).


Not quite. There are orders for up to 2851 (that would be 2805-2851). The artics use the 16xx's for numbering, so I'm guessing 1651-1661. They have plenty of wiggle room- the b12's are 50xx not 17xx anymore.

I'm quite sure 2839-2851 are going to stay naked. Or actually, 2839 has AoA for Hyundai's EOFY program on one side, so that might be proof. When the contract ends, I'm not too sure if they're going to transfer these to Carina for the Maroon CG or wrap these up and keep them at T. Actually, there is supposed to be up to 2855, as confirmed on Council's budget (it's 60 new buses, not 60 rigid-equivalent buses). Maroon CG currently has 13 buses, 2036-2048. Maroon CG could use 2839-2851 (13 buses), leaving only 2852,2853,2854,2855 left :(

Was really excited to go on these buses when 2819 was delivered, really sad when I found out they would go to CG. Kept hopes high for 2819, but even that went to Virginia. They wrapped up to 2838 in CG, and probably the Maroon as well.
User avatar
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Rail & Private Operator Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 pm

daveeyh wrote:By my calculations, 2849 should be the last delivery of 60 rigid-equivalent buses for this financial year - 10 artics (2841-2850) and 45 rigids (2805-2849).


Not quite. There are orders for up to 2851 (that would be 2805-2851). The artics use the 16xx's for numbering, so I'm guessing 1651-1661. They have plenty of wiggle room- the b12's are 50xx not 17xx anymore.

I'm quite sure 2839-2851 are going to stay naked. Or actually, 2839 has AoA for Hyundai's EOFY program on one side, so that might be proof. When the contract ends, I'm not too sure if they're going to transfer these to Carina for the Maroon CG or wrap these up and keep them at T. Actually, there is supposed to be up to 2855, as confirmed on Council's budget (it's 60 new buses, not 60 rigid-equivalent buses). Maroon CG currently has 13 buses, 2036-2048. Maroon CG could use 2839-2851 (13 buses), leaving only 2852,2853,2854,2855 left :(

Was really excited to go on these buses when 2819 was delivered, really sad when I found out they would go to CG. Kept hopes high for 2819, but even that went to Virginia. They wrapped up to 2838 in CG, and probably the Maroon as well.
User avatar
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)



  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Brisbane / QLD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests