What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Students doing like a half-asked task the teacher tells them to do.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:Students doing like a half-asked task the teacher tells them to do.
Note: Im talking about tasks like moving away from the door and things like that.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Seriously, they are NOT tasks.
Living in the Shire.
scott

Post by scott »

Tony Abbott's tactless tribute to Bob Hawke, let's hope he gets kicked out tomorrow.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Bus drivers that show "Not in Service", but change to a passenger route number on the highway instead of where they should change it, thereby missing the starting point & the main bus stop at Charlestown.

He/She missed about 20 passengers by doing that. Drivers who do that unless they breakdown should be sacked.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Sounds like an oversight. I hope you've reported this, but how did you notice in the first place? I wouldn't be bothered by less folks being a board a bus I've caught intentionally.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Transit Officers / Police only being used on Trains / Public transport as a means of fare compliance. They can't be everywhere but I dislike how once their done checking fares they hop off at the next station. Generally on the Hunter line it's mostly safe during the day but I think I speak for everyone when there's a TO on the train we do feel safer.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

TA3001 wrote:Sounds like an oversight.
How could the two main stops for that route be an "oversight"?
If it was an "oversight", he or she would've most likely gone around the block to get back to the starting point.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
How could the two main stops for that route be an "oversight"?
If it was an "oversight", he or she would've most likely gone around the block to get back to the starting point.
This route could have traversed the entire length of Earth to the moon, or even the sun for all I know. It could have even entered a time capsule formed within the Bermuda triangle. All these are possibilities, since I have no idea whatsoever which route it was, which direction, or where it was meant to start, and the prevailing conditions/detours, whether or not the bus dr...... Er you get the point :).
Newcastle Flyer

^^ • Their were no detours, but getting on to other stuff -

• Channel Ten (or is that TEN in capitals?) he was Peter Falk, NOT Peter Falf!

• Preference voting - means that you vote for either LNP or Labor via the back door.
• Get Up, sorry get up!
White lives matter too.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Considering you always use the wrong "there" in posts, it's a bit hypocritical of you to criticise someone else for a spelling mistake.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The group of retirees from a certain retirement village who shall not be named leaving one again their shopping carts blocking elevator access and shopping centre access. They are the most inconsiderate people I've seen so far this week already. The other week it was them leaving shopping carts right in front of the entrance doors blocking half of the entrance off. This week they've decided they needed to block elevator access as well (The whole elevator doors were blocked so if you were wanting to go in / exit the elevator you'd need to slide the carts out of your way before you exit)

If there was a fire exit door where they get picked up from by their minibus, you'd be yourself they'd obstruct that fire exit door with their shopping carts because their too inconsiderate and selfish to move their cart 5m or so out of the way so it's not blocking anything. This is the 2nd time, and it's definitely going to happen again next week.

Me - For forgetting there's Rail replacement happening between Maitland and Scone today. May have to try and make my way up to Maitland station but I'm not liking my odds sadly of being able to make it. Wednesday and Thursday I'm elsewhere :(
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Parents that take children out of prams then hog the spaces without folding the prams - especially when the pram takes up three seats.

If they take them out of prams, they should be forced to fold then up. She doesn't need a jumbo pram just for one child.
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That may be so for the House of Representatives but for the Senate it can certainly lead to someone with very few votes getting elected because they are nominated as second choice by groups higher up the tree.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

A CurrentLESS Affair, they and she are car "hoons", NOT car enthusiasts!
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I walk up to the Deli at the worst Woolworths store in the Newcastle region (see my post history in here to get a history of which store I'm probably talking about), I point out to the staff member I'm interested in getting something but she just looks at me and turns around and walks off to go and talk to another staff member instead, doesn't even say "sorry I'll just be a moment" or anything, we made eye contact so I know she definitely saw me. That is disgusting and poor customer service Woolworths. You bet your oath I went and talked to the manager about that one.

I got the most fake "sympathy apology" from the manager on duty. Not the first problem I've had with the deli staff here. Thankfully I only go to this particular Woollies once a week because Involved in a session and the only supermarket nearby is of course this Woolworths, no Coles but there is an Aldi but they don't really have what I need.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Parents that take children out of prams then hog the spaces without folding the prams - especially when the pram takes up three seats.

If they take them out of prams, they should be forced to fold then up. She doesn't need a jumbo pram just for one child.
Then there are those lazy mothers that go around pushing a stroller with their 2 or 3 year old kid strapped in it so the kid doesn't run off
Newcastle Flyer

ScaniaGrenda wrote:only supermarket nearby is of course this Woolworths, no Coles
If another post of yours suggests correctly, their is a Coles.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nah, actually referring to the store who has baskets before the entry doors so every time you go inside those "anti-theft" buzzer things go off. Then again they just about go off at anyone who enters the store. No one pays attention and it is filtered out by background noise but defeats the intended purpose of it.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The Coles at Port Adelaide here in SA doesn't even seem to have censors that detect theft. Or at least not in the self serve section. I know this from personal observations which I won't comment any further on.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

what makes my day is you speak to a govt dept always the person doesn't speak good english you ask your question they inform you to download the appp I say whats a app/ THEN THEY SAY GO ON LINE haven't a computer. I ASK CAN YOU MAIL ME THE BILL WE DONT MAIL WE NEED YOUR DIRECT DEBIT AOINT GOT ONE STILL HAVE BANK BOOK YOU WANT TO GET PAID YOU SEND BILL SIMPLE then they add $2 50 FOR POSTING BILL ...............SO i allways pay $ 2 50 less they after many times give up on me now! ha ha ha you have to be smart I Have no junk mail on my mail box after I COLLECT A LARGE BUNDLE i post them back to them witn no stamp return to sender!...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Well today at our loacal woolworths 6 of us with full trolleys stood at the check out counter. waited 15 mins then a rather large store person screamed can't you see the auto check out machines are empty!! .....we said we need a cashier she said get to the auto section so we unloaded all our trolleys on 2 check out counters ................she still stood there glearing at us ......................so after we unloaded all the trolleys onto the counter and still NO check out person .............I said in a load voice if you don't want to service will will go to woolworths at..................and left everything on the counters which were a huge pile walked out got back into the mini bus and went to the other woolworths on arriving back to the home called woolies head office told them the story ..............found out tonight the women no longer works there! ...............pays to stand up for your rights!
Last edited by captainch on Wed May 29, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
MCI9

Post by MCI9 »

BUS COMPANIES THAT have no respect for their DRIVERS
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Melbourne St East Maitland, the road down there is in total disrepair with bumps and holes just about everywhere and the council is only interested on fixing the gutter side of the road. Then again what better would I expect from a council that spent over a million installing an overpass for one side of the road and not both?

Streetview provided for reference
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-32.746 ... authuser=0

It's since gotten worse in person
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

MCI9 wrote:BUS COMPANIES THAT have no respect for their DRIVERS
Passengers too.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I wonder if a certain Adelaide metro operator would fit this category.

But anyhow, getting 3 trips in a row on Custom Coaches Jackpot CB80s. Can't stand the poorly built rotboxes. Only tedBus is worse.

Return to “The Lunch Room”